Author Topic: Phish info from Ticketfly.com  (Read 20832 times)

walkonby

Re: Phish info from Ticketfly.com
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2010, 05:11:46 pm »
Guys, it's Phish. If anything ticketweb is teaching you a lesson and doing you a favor. Jesus Christ.

god . . . i waited all day for you to comment.

TflyDan

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 06:37:19 pm »
Hey all, Dan Teree here. I am one of the founders of Ticketfly. While many of you were able to buy Phish tickets immediately today, we know that some fans had a difficult experience during the first 45 minutes until we had our systems humming again. I speak for the whole Ticketfly team when I say that our performance was not up to our standards. You deserve the best ticket buying and show-going experience on the planet and we have a great team in place that is committed to making sure you get it. We appreciate all of your feedback today on Twitter, Facebook and in the forums. Thanks for sticking with us as we build a powerful ticketing alternative for you.

PS - Tickets remain for both Phish shows at Merriweather: http://www.ticketfly.com/tickets/event-list/?q=Phish

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2010, 11:25:31 pm »
Hey all, Dan Teree here. I am one of the founders of Ticketfly. While many of you were able to buy Phish tickets immediately today, we know that some fans had a difficult experience during the first 45 minutes until we had our systems humming again. I speak for the whole Ticketfly team when I say that our performance was not up to our standards. You deserve the best ticket buying and show-going experience on the planet and we have a great team in place that is committed to making sure you get it. We appreciate all of your feedback today on Twitter, Facebook and in the forums. Thanks for sticking with us as we build a powerful ticketing alternative for you.

PS - Tickets remain for both Phish shows at Merriweather: http://www.ticketfly.com/tickets/event-list/?q=Phish

it takes some amount of courage to come in to a lion's den like this, so kudos to you.

your third sentence seems like an attempt at whitewashing - "many" were successful, while "some" had difficulty?  makes it sound better than it was, i'd say that "a few" had success and "the majority" witnessed the site's meltdown.

you state that you have a team working on the problem - good to hear.  i'd be interested in hearing what steps you will be taking.  it's easy to say "we're working on it", but we've all heard that before.  do share with us what you're doing... adding server capacity and/or bandwidth?  renting on-demand computing?  new selling process (ex, virtual waiting room)?  new infrastructure with load balancers?

the fact that there was such a huge demand earlier today yet there are still unsold tickets now should tell you that you missed an opportunity. 
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2010, 09:51:32 am »
The level of hyperbole with regards to these tickets going on sale, suggest some of you are practicing for future iPad reviews.  It's taken TM years to get where they are in the "ease" of getting tickets on big onsale days, I remember having hit reload over in order to place an order.  Or having to wait for the system to let you place the order. 

And Sweetcell how does this Ticketfly experience compare to the Livenation Phish ticket buying experience?  I'm guessing for one there was customer service providing alternate ways of getting tickets.

http://www.930.com/forum/index.php?topic=18399.msg273301#msg273301

"so, last week a buddy of mine calls me up and asks "you're good at scoring tickets to concerts, can you help me get 2 tickets for the phish show in camden?"  now i haven't seen this friend since he got married last summer, and i've never seen phish and the scene that comes along with the band, so i proposed that we make a group outing of it and that i and the missus join them to the show.  on the friday that tickets went on sale, we loaded up livenation-dot-com, hit refresh at 10:00 AM and... complete and utter system meltdown.  time-outs, database errors, lost orders, garbled pages, "processing your request" timers that didn't move for 5+ minutes, etc.  way worse than anything i've ever experienced on tickets.com, this was an utter implosion.  i eventually got 4 lawn tickets - at 11:44 AM.  how's that for an indictment: thousands of people trying to get tickets, yet it took over 2 hours to sell out a show.  TM would have this taken care of in less than 15 minutes.  if anyone wants a laugh, i suspect that the phish message boards were on fire that day (jan 30)."

And who could forget this Phish TM debacle...

http://www.930.com/forum/index.php?topic=18629.0

T.Rex

bekessler

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27:53 am »
I don't exactly see the courage in copying and pasting the same message that is posted on the ticketfly website on this thread (and others), and I'm sure countless other places.

What I find to be most frustrating is that those who were able to purchase tickets right away did not follow the instructions posted in this thread.  There were many that I've spoken to that had success by going through the main page of ticketfly, not the links supplied here.

This was worse than livenation on the last tour.  We know at this point that essentially all sites can not handle the traffic of shows of this size (although UVA's ticketing had no problem last fall.)  Having a site crash is one thing, I understand that, but this was a new brand of failure.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2010, 11:19:02 am »
You guys do understand all of your complaints have to be taken with a grain of salt since you were all, no doubt, high while attempting to order? Hell, there might not even be a phish show you all could've been tweaking so bad...

walkonby

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2010, 04:48:24 pm »
You guys do understand all of your complaints have to be taken with a grain of salt since you were all, no doubt, high while attempting to order? Hell, there might not even be a phish show you all could've been tweaking so bad...

i would give up my tickets just to hear you ramble on some more for two hours or so about the world of phish.   ;)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2010, 05:38:53 pm »
It's taken TM years to get where they are in the "ease" of getting tickets on big onsale days, I remember having hit reload over in order to place an order.   

yes, and that was circa 2001.  

And Sweetcell how does this Ticketfly experience compare to the Livenation Phish ticket buying experience?  I'm guessing for one there was customer service providing alternate ways of getting tickets.

valid question - it was very similar (as in similarly bad).  livenation was trying to take on TM so it looked worse for them, i don't think ticketfly has such lofty aspirations.  that someone was tweeting back doors was indeed a nice personal touch but it was putting band-aids on a sinking ship.

I don't exactly see the courage in copying and pasting the same message that is posted on the ticketfly website on this thread (and others), and I'm sure countless other places.

what, do you expect them to craft an individual response to each forum?  they have one message, if anything you'd want consistency across channels.  i was impressed that they actively sought to post a response.  we got diddley squat whenever tickets.com imploded, and livenation responded by eventually giving up (and merging) with no attempts at communicating with disgruntled consumers.
<sig>

bekessler

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2010, 05:54:06 pm »
I don't expect anything one way or the other.  I was only commenting that I disagreed there was any amount of courage shown in the post.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2010, 07:05:40 pm »
I wish there was no learning curve here, but that's how it's going to have to be

we think it will make for a better world eventually

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2010, 07:33:13 pm »
I was only commenting that I disagreed there was any amount of courage shown in the post.
Agreed. A canned, PR response on a forum where any serious counter-complaint would be met with the thread getting deleted and/or the member banned is not exactly a textbook example of courage.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 11:00:00 am »
we'll have to agree to disagree.  i'm not saying he should get the medal of valor but it would have been easier to say nothing, stay hidden, not acknowledge that there was a problem, etc.  did we ever hear anything from tickets.com management when their site melted down?

if anything, we now have someone to PM ;D
<sig>

bekessler

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2010, 03:19:59 pm »
I am sure the CEO of ticketfly posted the message himself and will diligently monitor this thread as well any future posts or PMs on the subject.

walkonby

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2010, 04:51:26 pm »
I wish there was no learning curve here, but that's how it's going to have to be

we think it will make for a better world eventually

look . . . he did it again.  sethy likes to capitilize the first sentence, but not the second.  interesting.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2010, 08:22:02 am »
some people seem to take issue with me being a capitalist