Author Topic: McNabb a redskin  (Read 11124 times)

wml7

McNabb a redskin
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:32:08 pm »
Wow, so the redskins might actually be good now.  Lucky for the ones who actually like them  ;D

ggw

Re: McNabb a redskin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:09:11 pm »
Wow, so the redskins might actually be good now.  Lucky for the ones who actually like them  ;D

At least until he gets injured.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:39:02 am »
McNabb is one of the greatest all-time losers in NFL history. The guy has never seen a big game he couldn't choke like a stuffed pig at.

Staralfur25

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 12:46:50 am »
i love mcnabb   ;D
hate the redskins   :'(

teepo

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:18:39 am »
 :-\

do not like

Mobius

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:05:26 am »
McNabb is one of the greatest all-time losers in NFL history. The guy has never seen a big game he couldn't choke like a stuffed pig at.

Astonishingly bad body language in big games. Always looks like he doesn't give a sh*t.  This seems to be a defense mechanism to cope with his tendency to blow it in crucial situations.  But he's definitely a real QB up until those moments which makes him more tolerable than Campbell (who can't really be counted on in any 3rd and long) and the likes of Jimmah Clausen (ditto + a total douche)..

godsshoeshine

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 08:20:59 am »
if it were any other team making the move, i'd say they got a steal

because its the redskins, i'll go with spectacular failure
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:38:21 am »
Skins fans can also view what McNabb brings to the table in a completely different light than Eagles fans.  In Philly they know he can get them to the playoffs, maybe even deep into the playoffs, but eventually he will break their hearts.  Skins fans right now would be thrilled to get that far.

shemptiness

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 09:09:14 am »
What about the rest of the team?  Getting an old, somewhat successful QB makes them immediate contenders?

eros

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 09:54:29 am »
I'm sure this is totally different from Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Jason Taylor, Dana Stubblefield, Jeff George, Adam Archuleta, etc...those guys were past their prime.   ;)

Funny how they say "there's a new sheriff in town blah blah" yet they still make moves like this that have Snyder's fingerprints all over them.

McNabb, Larry Johnson, and Willie Parker.  This is shaping up to be a great team - in 2006.
ʎɐʍou

hutch

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 10:18:28 am »
Naysayers are ridiculous.. He just finished the third best season of his career and is 33....and they gave up a second round draft pick! He does not have to lead them to the super bowl to be a good trade.

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 01:45:29 pm »
I'm sure this is totally different from Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Jason Taylor, Dana Stubblefield, Jeff George, Adam Archuleta, etc...those guys were past their prime.   ;)

McNabb, Larry Johnson, and Willie Parker.  This is shaping up to be a great team - in 2006.
Exactly.

He just finished the third best season of his career and is 33....
A large part of his skill set is his mobility, and yes, he is 33. Exactly.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 02:04:08 pm »
But he's definitely a real QB up until those moments which makes him more tolerable than Campbell (who can't really be counted on in any 3rd and long) and the likes of Jimmah Clausen (ditto + a total douche)..
True. He's better then Campbell straight-up, and Mr. I-Quarterbacked-The-Worst-Season-In-ND's-Modern History is the second coming of Ron Paulus.

James Ford

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 02:13:08 pm »
I'm not a football fan, but this news seems about as awe-inspiring as the news of Miguel Tejada returning to the Orioles. Hey Miggy hit .313 and lead the NL in doubles last year, so he's going to turn around the O's, right?

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:52 pm »
I'm not a football fan, but this news seems about as awe-inspiring as the news of Miguel Tejada returning to the Orioles. Hey Miggy hit .313 and lead the NL in doubles last year, so he's going to turn around the O's, right?
I know you're trying to be snarky, but that's actually a perfect analogy.