Author Topic: PJ at Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 6823 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: PJ at Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 12:36:41 pm »
I'll only go back if a show is on a weekend and/or it's a band I really want to see and is worthy of taking 1/2 day off work.
(_|_)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 12:42:01 pm »
There are very, very few bands I'll go see at JLL.  Pearl Jam just happens to be one of them.  As much as I generally hate JLL, I have to admit that last night wasn't bad.  No problems getting in or out.  Lines weren't too long anywhere.  Most of my complaints from last night are probably things indicative of large shed shows in general.

And the place looked pretty well-packed from my vantage point.  I certainly didn't notice any empty blocks of seats in the pavilion and the lawn looked pretty full, save for the far corners.  Not a sellout, but they did a good job of filling the place.

heather

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 01:24:01 pm »
didn't have problems getting in, but getting out we waited 30-45 mins.

i'm glad i left the city when i did yesterday (just before 4).  i made it out there with plenty of time to spare... time enough to drink a few & get to see band of horses.

it was a good, solid show, nothing revelatory though.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 01:25:58 pm »
set list?

May 13, 2010 Bristow, VA, Jiffy Lube Live

Set List: Small Town, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Brain Of J, Save You, Given To Fly, Present Tense, Down, Unthought Known, Insignificance, Even Flow, Comatose, Faithfull, All Those Yesterdays, Black, The Fixer, Do The Evolution

1st encore: The End, Just Breathe (dedicated to Carmine MacKaye), Garden, Why Go, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Blood/Atomic Dog (Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

2nd encore: Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) [song title dedicated to Sean Penn for Haiti relief work], Spin The Black Circle, Alive (dedicated to Jon Tester), Sonic Reducer (Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:28:43 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

heather

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 01:28:49 pm »
nevermind ;)

hutch

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 01:36:35 pm »
Just to chime in some more:

We left downtown DC at 7:10 and were in our seats for the opening strains of Pearl Jam...so lets not make a mountain out of mole hill..

Yesterday was pretty smooth..

Now getting out we just hung around tailgating by car for 30-45 minutes while everyone sat in their cars in line to get  out..

I think Nissan or JLL got a lot better once they opened that second exit of 66. The problem for the venue is that a lot of people swore it off because it was so bad for so long.

serpent boy

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 03:43:56 pm »
I had no problems getting to the venue, though 66 was expectedly slow. We waited about 10 minutes leaving and we had run for the hills at the first notes of "Yellow Ledbetter" (as always).

For my 12th show, this was a pretty standard setlist and a fairly low energy crowd - at least in sect. 101, row F area (and especially compared to Philly last year) - but a good set nonetheless.

"All Those Yesterdays" was beautiful. That and "The End" were the only new songs for me. "Present Tense," "Insignificance," and "Sonic Reducer" were highlights.

What's up with the band playing some songs down a half-step? I almost didn't recognize "Brain of J" and I'm pretty sure "Life Wasted" was also tuned down. If Eddie doesn't want the strain on his voice, why doesn't he just stop performing "Blood"?