Author Topic: Final Lost  (Read 6993 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Final Lost
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 12:20:51 pm »
If Lost has taught us anything, it's that the Twin Peak's people had it right ending their show after 2 seasons while the story was still managable. As good as this show was the first 2 seasons, what a terrible, unsatisfying clusterfuck the last 2.

nkotb

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 12:24:28 pm »
Twin Peaks' creators didn't end their show...it was canceled after a ridiculously uneven second season.  I get your parallel, but its not like they opted for that ending.  Say what you want about Lost's creators, but at least they cared enough about the show to realize that they needed an endpoint to work toward.

If Lost has taught us anything, it's that the Twin Peak's people had it right ending their show after 2 seasons while the story was still managable. As good as this show was the first 2 seasons, what a terrible, unsatisfying clusterfuck the last 2.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 12:26:31 pm »
Have you ever liked anything? Honestly? It was amazing, and this coming from a rabid fan of hunting for answers and dissecting everything about the show. Yes, I gave up on the show, but it somehow wrapped me right back up in it last night.

It's a tv show, if this really ruined your day and you HATE it, you missed the point. One of the most entertaining things TV has ever given me. Challenging TV > getting answers to really unimportant questions. In my opinion at least.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 07:29:23 pm »
Have you ever liked anything? Honestly? It was amazing, and this coming from a rabid fan of hunting for answers and dissecting everything about the show. Yes, I gave up on the show, but it somehow wrapped me right back up in it last night.

It's a tv show, if this really ruined your day and you HATE it, you missed the point. One of the most entertaining things TV has ever given me. Challenging TV > getting answers to really unimportant questions. In my opinion at least.
I loved the show for the first two seasons, then thought the next two were only kind of average. The final two were ultimately epic failures (and ratings agree with me).

I don't feel like "what is the island" is ultimately a minor question. If you started watching this show in the first two seasons you no doubt did it to get answers to two questions: what happens to these people, and what the heck is up with this island. Ultimately, we never got an answer to that second question, at all. And what little bits we did get ultimately make little sense on their face and in many cases openly contradict what we saw in the early seasons.

As for what happens to these people, that's great and all, but ending the show at the end of season 4 seems to work alot better. Some get off, and some don't. Jack realizes the he was wrong on reason vs. faith. It would've cut out the stinker final two seasons. It was just so much fluff and dredging up the same issues again. I don't want to get all fanboy-ish and break down details, but it just left me going "eh."

And as for have I ever liked anything, sorry I don't technologically ejaculate over every hyped thing that comes along like yourself. I like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Big Love, Dexter, In Treatment, ABC Family made-for-teens dramas and Gossip Girl. Oh, and showering daily.

eltee

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 07:59:21 pm »
Rhett, EW.com has a lengthy but readable and comprehensive column (pt. 1 about the island world is up now).

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 07:39:21 am »
nothx

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 09:12:03 am »

I loved the show for the first two seasons, then thought the next two were only kind of average. The final two were ultimately epic failures (and ratings agree with me).

I don't feel like "what is the island" is ultimately a minor question. If you started watching this show in the first two seasons you no doubt did it to get answers to two questions: what happens to these people, and what the heck is up with this island. Ultimately, we never got an answer to that second question, at all. And what little bits we did get ultimately make little sense on their face and in many cases openly contradict what we saw in the early seasons.

As for what happens to these people, that's great and all, but ending the show at the end of season 4 seems to work alot better. Some get off, and some don't. Jack realizes the he was wrong on reason vs. faith. It would've cut out the stinker final two seasons. It was just so much fluff and dredging up the same issues again. I don't want to get all fanboy-ish and break down details, but it just left me going "eh."

And as for have I ever liked anything, sorry I don't technologically ejaculate over every hyped thing that comes along like yourself. I like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Big Love, Dexter, In Treatment, ABC Family made-for-teens dramas and Gossip Girl. Oh, and showering daily.
I haven't seen a single episode of those shows you've named. Except Dexter. I can agree, but I guess since I gave up on the show explaining stuff years ago and the producers saying they weren't going to "answer all the questions" led me to believe that nothing was going to be answered and that's what made the show unique. Things were left to the audience to discuss, and whether it sucked miserably or was amazing I still enjoyed it. They weren't going to spend the last 16 episodes going through each fan letter going through each question and answering. I still don't understand that is complaining over "numbers, polar bears, smoke monster". Some people are incredibly stupid.
‼‼?‼‼

godsshoeshine

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 09:24:37 am »
lost's ratings suffered more from the switch to 10 oclock and ridiculous 7 month layoffs rather than quality in my opinion. season 3 was the weakest, but i loved seasons 4-6
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:03:20 am »
Was that the season finale that was the flash forward? That was awesome.
‼‼?‼‼

godsshoeshine

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 10:09:16 am »
season four had the flash forwards. i debate between that and season two as my favorite
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:17 am »
I never re-watched any of the seasons, I guess now a good a time as any to go back and re-watch them.

I loved season 1 and 2, everything with the hatch was sooo good. Then it was all solved and....they started time traveling and such.
‼‼?‼‼

serpent boy

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47:55 am »
I know I'm in the minority, but I love season 3. It's my favorite.

It has its ups and downs, but the high points are among the best in the entire series: the Flashforward ending in the finale, Charlie's death, Sawyer killing Anthony Cooper and Locke dragging around the body, Jacob's cabin, Introduction to New Otherton and Ben and Juliet's back stories.

Of course season 3 has some of the worst episodes (Expose, Jack's tattoo, the golf course), but as an X-Files fan, I'm used to filler.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 11:27:11 am »
Ah! We were trying to figure out what season it was Charlie died, that had Desmond's semi-time traveling ep too didn't it? Or was that season 4, because I remember him seeing Charlie die like 3 or 4 times.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 12:16:07 pm »
Charlie died in the season three finale and it was the first episode with flash forwards. Season 4 finale is when we found out it was Locke in the coffin,.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 01:29:13 pm »
What was last seasons finale? I have my timelines all mixed up.

EDIT: Oh right the bomb and Juliet smashing it. Right.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:31:24 pm by DeathFromAbove1979 »
‼‼?‼‼