Author Topic: 9:30 Club Sues Over Subsidies for Planned Live Nation Venue in Silver Spring  (Read 37711 times)

Yada

There are several FREE parking garages near FSS.  There's street parking nearby.   There's a Metro within walking distance.   There's bus access.     It's just inside the beltway, with multiple access routes.   It's no more difficult to get to than any other venue at rush hour.    I don't see what the fuss is all about.

It's actually easier to find parking in down town Silver Spring than U Street... Plus, your car won't get broken into.

azaghal1981

So, anybody want to go place a bag of flaming poo on the front steps of this shithole?
احمد

James Ford

Why, what did they do to me?

Sorry, i'm not a 13 year old boy.  ;)

So, anybody want to go place a bag of flaming poo on the front steps of this shithole?

Kubacheck

There are several FREE parking garages near FSS.  There's street parking nearby.   There's a Metro within walking distance.   There's bus access.     It's just inside the beltway, with multiple access routes.   It's no more difficult to get to than any other venue at rush hour.    I don't see what the fuss is all about.

It's actually easier to find parking in down town Silver Spring than U Street... Plus, your car won't get broken into.

well, I guess that's good news at least, I honestly know very little about that part of town, so thanks for that info.... it's still going to be a huge PITA for me to get to, I bet..... the 930 is actually pretty easy for me..... Rt 50 (against the flow of rush hour) to NY Ave ( which I guess can be a pain right now with the construction going on right now) to Fla. Ave to the club...... to get to the new venue, it means 10-11 miles on 495 North during rush hour, a drive I haven't had to make in a long time..... guess I'll find out sometime in the near future.....

atomicfront

Most interesting about live nation trying to eliminate stub hub.  Stub hub is convenient for selling tickets.   Obviously they don't care about scalping they just want to be the one getting the cut. 

As for ticketmaster they are bad but missiontix is the worst and they are independent.  Lower Dens show was cancelled but I dont' get back my 7 dollars in service charge?  There should be a class action lawsuit for that. 

I didn't think the original lawsuit had a chance of succeeding.   But the anti-trust one seems to have more merit.  But with all the big bands playing at MPP, 930 club, and DAR for IMP it is going to be a hard case to show anti-trust happening in DC/MD area. 

azaghal1981

Do TM pay back surcharges?

It's news to me if they do.
احمد

atomicfront

Do TM pay back surcharges?

It's news to me if they do.

If not it would be a good class action lawsuit material.  I know when echo + bunnymen cancelled at black cat i got the fees back.   

Vas Deferens

TM doesn't refund processing fees
(_|_)

azaghal1981

That is what I thought.
احمد

atomicfront

TM doesn't refund processing fees

That definitely should be against the law.  You are paying for something and not getting it.  Definitely a scam of the first order. 

azaghal1981

Well, you're paying for your order to be processed. Bandwidth, etc. Not justifying it; it's just what they'd say. I think it's bullshit, too.

احمد

Kubacheck

Well, you're paying for your order to be processed. Bandwidth, etc. Not justifying it; it's just what they'd say. I think it's bullshit, too.

yeah, I guess they're doing what you're paying them to do, process the transaction... that doesn't change whether there's a show or not.... what's more annoying to me than not getting your "convenience charge" refunded, is when a band postpones their show a day before the concert date, and then won't refund your money, even though you may not be able to make the rescheduled show..... not cool, in my book..... this happened to my neighbor earlier this month, which is why it's on my mind.....

Vas Deferens

TM charges "convenience" and "per order processing fee" (usually $2 to $4). They don't refund the processing fee if the event is canceled but they do refund the convenience.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/purchase.html
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

1.) they stuff your tickets in the envelope (labor)
2.) they take your order by phone (labor)
3.) they pay for standard mail postage
4.) they provide customer service by phone in case you have questions about your previous order (labor)

(_|_)

azaghal1981

For what they charge, they should send someone (that you pick from a list of pics on the site) out to your house to give you a free old fashion, too.
Look at it as their giving you a reacharound as they fuck you in the ass.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:06:44 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد