Author Topic: The (Inception) Conspiracy Theory Thread  (Read 8088 times)

Firebutt McGee

The (Inception) Conspiracy Theory Thread
« on: July 23, 2010, 07:07:47 am »
Brilliant summer movies need a place to be discussed. This is that place for Inception.

Discuss (the best movie of 2010):

;D
Woof.

Firebutt McGee

Re: The (Inception) Conspiracy Theory Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 07:19:46 am »
I cried during the last 20 minutes of this movie! Actual tears!

I figured most of you would need help with this, so here, I'm going to just give some lead-off questions to get your started!

When did you start crying? Why do you think other movies even bother coming out? How many times have you already seen it? (Twice!) Why aren't you sitting in a movie theater, waiting for Inception, and simultaneously checking this thread? Who was the best actor in Inception? (Trick question, they were all the best.) Why didn't we all go and camp out at Comic-Con and ask Christopher Nolan questions about Inception?

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!??

(Discuss.)
Woof.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 08:35:27 am »

It was a good movie IN THEORY.  But I didn't think it had much substance.  Like The Arcade Fire.

My overwhelming thought when leaving the theater was: "Am I dreaming?  Or was that ending almost EXACTLY like the ending for Leo's last movie, Shutter Island?"

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 08:59:34 am »
the only reason Inception *might* be the best movie of the year is because this has been a sucky year for movies. 

i thought Inception was cool but not mind-blowing.  i certainly hope that 2010 has some better movies in store for us.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 09:02:28 am »
I haven't seen the movie, but this may be one of my favorite quotes ever on this board.

It was a good movie IN THEORY.  But I didn't think it had much substance.  Like The Arcade Fire.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 09:07:58 am »
What I liked about it is that Ive spent more time talking about it than any other movie in a good while [seriously since The Dark Knight, but that's because I'm a Joker/Batman nerd].

We've talked about his wife being right, he was in a dream. The fact that you never see him die, the fact that he didn't have a totem. The fact that almost every scene starts...kind of in the middle of something. Interesting.
‼‼?‼‼

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:13:29 am »
More like Gorillaz.

(_|_)

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 09:24:04 am »
whew . . . and here i thought this was an attempt to derail my thread.  carry on.  i must see this film.  i've been told if i miss it on the big screen, i do not deserve to see movies ever again.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 09:26:18 am »
It definitely put a smile on my face seeing some of the visual stuff, I can imagine you won't capture the same on blu-ray. Pretty, but not the same effect.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 09:40:11 am »
I'll try to catch it on imax this weekend  ;D

wml7

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 09:50:54 am »
I saw this last night and it was awesome.  The ending leaves a lot up to interpretation, go see it everyone   ;D

K8teebug

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 08:52:47 am »
I saw it yesterday and agree with most of you.  Good movie, not great.  Definitely had many holes in the plot.  I especially had troubles with the one-off explanation for things.  Here's this smart girl...she will help you, they developed this for troops, the short explanation of the dream addicts...stuff like that.

Still, a pretty movie to watch, and overall entertaining.  But, it definitely wasn't the brilliant masterpiece that people are claiming it was.

Mobius

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 09:48:49 am »
Biggest problem I had with it was that it just wasn't at all enjoyable.  Too dense and claustrophobic and suffocating . . .almost disdainful of the audience (which is why I didn't care for the ending . . . finally some emotion and it turns into a logic game . . .feeling clever for clever's sake).  More likeable and developed good guys and bad guys would have helped make it a well rounded movie as opposed to an exercise. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:10:56 am by Mobius »

edbert

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 10:44:19 am »
What a mess. Not recommended. Lost me plot-wise early on, by not getting me to care whether that big conglomerate got broken up.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 12:10:45 pm »
Lost me plot-wise early on,

You are a stupid person.
‼‼?‼‼