Author Topic: The 930 Club Sux Man  (Read 6155 times)

James Ford

Re: The 930 Club Sux Man
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 11:55:59 am »
That's what i thought when i saw them earlier this year, and why i skipped this one.

DBT was kinda eh on Friday, maybe i've just seen them too much and expect too perfect of a setlist

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 12:05:08 pm »
If I had been there, I would have fixed all of this for you.  Just call me The Wolf.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 12:09:35 pm »
sounds more like a job for Whiskey Smackie.
<sig>

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 04:09:58 pm »
man I am so sorry

perhaps you should have told them you were James Ford

See at least Seth cared enough to apologize ;)

This thread is awesome for a 12,000 post too btw!
3MTA3

nkotb

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 03:42:49 pm »
Funny...I've never seen them before (I'm a late bloomer to the band, only getting into them around Decoration Day, but they always tour when I'm out of town), but I thought it was great.  That's a real rock n roll band.  If they're better than that, I'd be floored to see it.

That's what i thought when i saw them earlier this year, and why i skipped this one.

DBT was kinda eh on Friday, maybe i've just seen them too much and expect too perfect of a setlist

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 03:54:27 pm »
For me, its a matter of setlist rather than execution.

Everything through the Dirty South was nearly perfect, especially SRO. After that, it's been hit and miss. So if they're playing too many of the misses at the expense of older material, well there you have it. Plus, DBT has their own "Heavy Metal Drummer" songs.

And anything that the chick sings means a pee break. Before she joined the band, no pee breaks.

Funny...I've never seen them before (I'm a late bloomer to the band, only getting into them around Decoration Day, but they always tour when I'm out of town), but I thought it was great.  That's a real rock n roll band.  If they're better than that, I'd be floored to see it.

walkonby

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 07:05:00 pm »
very . . . interesting.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 07:09:31 pm »
For me, the DBT show came alive when they played 4 songs in a row off of Decoration Day, then took requests, and then ended up playing songs usually reserved for the encore in the main set (Buttholeville, Zip City, Let There Be Rock). 

I agree about the material since Dirty South being hit or miss, and hearing the new material live didn't change my opinion that it is sub-par for them.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 05:00:11 pm »
Yep, agreed.

But I think that's also more my problem than theirs.  Why would they want to play a greatest hits/oldies set every night?

Not hearing "18 wheels of love" kind of sucked though, that song live is just amazing.

For me, its a matter of setlist rather than execution.

Everything through the Dirty South was nearly perfect, especially SRO. After that, it's been hit and miss. So if they're playing too many of the misses at the expense of older material, well there you have it. Plus, DBT has their own "Heavy Metal Drummer" songs.

And anything that the chick sings means a pee break. Before she joined the band, no pee breaks.

(o|o)

ggw

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 06:34:02 pm »

They have been going downhill ever since Isbell left. I am very partial to Hood's songs, but the dynamic they had between Hood, Isbell and Stroker Ace was always great.