Author Topic: 70 people involved in brawl at Gallery Pl metro stop  (Read 11429 times)

slappy

Re: 70 people involved in brawl at Gallery Pl metro stop
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 05:46:59 pm »
Metro police have released a sketch of the incident.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 06:30:56 pm »
How is there no camera phone footage of this yet?

I find that really odd, given the huge number of amateur paparazzi walking around DC at any given moment.    Not to mention all the tourists with video and cam.

I'm wondering if this isn't being massively overstated.   5 people fighting can seem like 70 if you're in the middle of it.  Likewise, there could've been a few people fighting, and lots more teens walking by -- and teens of course will yell and taunt as they pass, but they might not have been directly involved.

_\|/_

slappy

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 04:26:27 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/07/AR2010080700075.html?hpid=newswell

Anybody really surprised? I'm not. Too many worthless pieces of shit hanging out on that stretch of 7th at night, that metro stop is by far the most poorly designed in the system, it was only a matter of time before a huge fight engulfs the entire stop. Where are you going to run to? Nowhere. I'm glad DDOT is making an effort to reduce the congestion and improve pedestrian traffic near the VC, but until they take care of the juvenile criminal element hanging out on 7th, this will surely happen again.

And it continues...
Man attacked by kids at L'Enfant Metro -- bystanders watch, film it
http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-on-foot/2011/01/man-attacked-by-kids-at-l-enfant-metro----bystanders-watch-film-6880.html

What's your spin on this one Doctor Doom?

walkonby

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 05:17:58 pm »
nobody on here will dare talk about this . . . because if they do, they will be considered racist.  is there a white al sharpton; a white jesse jackson?  we need one.

MonkeyPants

PANTS

slappy

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 07:35:54 pm »
From my experiences the kids aren't racist. They pick on anyone of any age or color that they perceive as weaker.
I've seen them go after elderly black women on numerous occasions.
If you're of the stature to mentally and physically take of yourself.
Getting in their faces and calling them on their bullshit gets them to back off.

Metro and DC need to start addressing this problem. It's not that difficult to figure out.
Lazy approach... Metro rail curfew for kids and some enforcement
Logical approach... Give them better access to after school and community center programs

Of course, the city will cry about not having the money and will slowly drive residents and the economy back out to the suburbs.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 09:45:52 pm »
Hmm.  How do we know it was unprovoked, other than that's what the TV reporter is telling us?   You can't tell from the video what happened.  It was girls attacking him?  Maybe he copped a feel?
_\|/_

Relaxer

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 10:56:08 am »
Uh oh, we got reports of another fight:

oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 11:08:40 am »
"that bitch took off with my ride!!"
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 11:19:47 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL46vtpGLY

Here's some NSFW foxy boxing.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 04:10:00 pm »
that was pure genius.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:05 am »
For some reason I don't think a 47 year old guy who works at a flower shop and works out at Results was copping a feel on teenage girls.

Regardless of that, I don't understand why he wasn't fighting back.

I can say that if i were a bystander, I would have run to get help, or called 911 on a cell, but wouldn't not have jumped into the fray myself. Some kids carry weapons; I don't. Some kids (even girls) know how to fight; I don't.

Hmm.  How do we know it was unprovoked, other than that's what the TV reporter is telling us?   You can't tell from the video what happened.  It was girls attacking him?  Maybe he copped a feel?

walkonby

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 11:19:28 am »
you know why he didn't fight back.  same reason that nobody helped.

walkonby

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 12:26:28 pm »
another example

http://www.wikio.com/video/marine-attacked-black-kids-movie-man-4857070

if this would have been a black couple, especially a black marine back from the war, attacked by a group of white kids . . . it would have been on the cover of every newspaper in the u.s.  sharpton and jackson would be marching in the town.  the attackers would be charged on hate crimes and spend the next 30 years in jail.  but since it is the other way around, just another day in the neighbor(hood).  white people are so afraid of black people and offending them . . . it is almost amusing at this point.