Author Topic: New Year's resolutions anyone?  (Read 14229 times)

mankie

Re: New Year's resolutions anyone?
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2004, 01:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:

cause i cant flex....my arms just tense up...for some reason my right arm is a lot stronger then my left....
Try wanking with the left hand so it can catch up....it's like someone else doing it for you too, which is an added bonus!  ;)

Samantha

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2004, 01:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

cause i cant flex....my arms just tense up...for some reason my right arm is a lot stronger then my left....
Try wanking with the left hand so it can catch up....it's like someone else doing it for you too, which is an added bonus!   ;)  [/b]
sit on your hand until it falls asleep and then wank off.  it's called The Stranger  :cool:

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2004, 03:40:00 pm »
i'm currently four days into the south beach diet... who hide the chocolate   :eek:
T.Rex

grotty

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2004, 03:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  sit on your hand until it falls asleep and then wank off.  it's called The Stranger   :cool:  
I sent this little helpful tidbit around today to some friends...you've caused quite a stir.

SPARX

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2004, 04:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by grotty:

sit on your hand until it falls asleep and then wank off.  it's called The Stranger    :cool:  
I sent this little helpful tidbit around today to some friends...you've caused quite a stir. [/b]
You think that's something,I just learned this today as well.Never heard  that before,anybody else familiar?

http://www.rotten.com/library/language/the-finger/shocker/

sonickteam2

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2004, 04:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Thanks Grotty.  I'm actually kind of scared to read that only because I don't think I want to know what I  really  ingested.
I have read part of this book, and i wonder. Is the food you buy in the grocery store really any better?  i mean, its still being packed by the same corporate food giants right?  I am just wondering if my food is any better for me coming from the Perdue plant?

Celeste

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2004, 04:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Thanks Grotty.  I'm actually kind of scared to read that only because I don't think I want to know what I  really  ingested.
I have read part of this book, and i wonder. Is the food you buy in the grocery store really any better?  i mean, its still being packed by the same corporate food giants right?  I am just wondering if my food is any better for me coming from the Perdue plant? [/b]
probably not much better...why eat meat at all?

paige

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2004, 04:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:

for some reason my right arm is a lot stronger then my left....
do you have a girlfriend? [/b]
What do you think!?

I'm so glad that I kicked the fast food thing, not that I ever ate it that much anyway. Fast Food Nation really solidified my reasons to stop eating it altogether. Just knowing how disgusting all of the "food" gets, and the fact that I am appalled at how our society has been transformed for the worse by this fast food hoopla .... Ughhh.

And that link about "the shocker" - I'm surprised you haven't heard of that. Pretty gross, huh?   ;)

grotty

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2004, 04:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:
  [/qb]
probably not much better...why eat meat at all? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Well, that was my answer too. But the book is also about so much more than the quality & safety of food. It's about how fast food is reshaping America. How it affects workers. How it affects small businesses. How it makes everywhere you go look like everywhere you've been.

sonickteam2

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »
does Quiznos and Subway count as fast food?  

cause i cant live w/o that Tuscan Chicken sub!

Celeste

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »

Originally posted by Celeste:
  [/b]
probably not much better...why eat meat at all? [/QB]
Well, that was my answer too. But the book is also about so much more than the quality & safety of food. It's about how fast food is reshaping America. How it affects workers. How it affects small businesses. How it makes everywhere you go look like everywhere you've been. [/QB][/QUOTE]

yes! yes! yes!

mankie

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2004, 05:02:00 pm »

sit on your hand until it falls asleep and then wank off.  it's called The Stranger    :D

mankie

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2004, 05:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

You think that's something,I just learned this today as well.Never heard  that before,anybody else familiar?

http://www.rotten.com/library/language/the-finger/shocker/ [/b]
That's been around for years...some enterprizing young chap from Yale or some hoity-toity school actually started a company that makes those giant foam hands that they all have at football games, only instead of the "we're #1" thing, he did the hand doing the shocker.

Made a fortune evidently...shocking huh!  ;)

ggw

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2004, 05:09:00 pm »
 How it makes everywhere you go look like everywhere you've been.
While some people don't like that (I'm one of them), it's been shown that most people do like predictability.  That's part of the reason chains do so well. People like to know what they are going to get before they get it.  That's why Starbucks does so well.  people know that their double decaf soy caramel macchiatto is going to taste the same in Denver as it did in Duluth.

The guy who started Holiday Inn died last year and the NY Times had a great article about how he influenced travel in the fifties and sixties.  People became much more willing to take road trips because they knew they could find a Holiday Inn -- a predictable environment -- along the way.

Bags

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2004, 05:19:00 pm »
Had never heard of that...

I think these names are more descriptive (and funny).

"Two in the pink and one in the stink"
 "two in the coot and one in the boot"
 "going to town with one in the brown".