Author Topic: Best band from Virginia?  (Read 5699 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Best band from Virginia?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 01:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by crowes654:
  strike anywhere?  jesus, is thi place infested with emo fuckers?

punk scensters are hilarious, they are more uniform than preps.  black military ballcap, pant legged rolled up on the bike chain side to expose the tats.  what a bunch of FUCKING losers.  

and to the person that mentioned Pete T. doesn't like the white stripes that is great, never heard that before.  Totally agree, jack White is a poseur.
Sounds like you've taken some sort of fetishistic notice of this uniform.  

Looks like we've got another true authority in our ranks.  Poseurs, punkers, scenesters and losers of all sorts beware!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 02:25:00 pm »
  what a bunch of FUCKING losers.
anyone who spends their music interest being devoted to one band no matter what they release is a fucking loser, especially when they're as stridently middle-of-the-road mediocre as the black crowes

honestly, did you at some point just decide to really like this band, and ignore the watered down sludge they play and the dozens of more exciting bands playing similar music?  or are you just ignorant?

you obviously spend a lot of time on the interweb defending them, why don't you use that time productively to listen to some fucking decent music and stop slurping the fucking black crowes for fuck's sake
(o|o)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 02:40:00 pm »
I think he fits right in on this forum. Why do you think that I welcomed him in?    ;)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  As much as I hate The Black Crowes, I like this guy's sense of humor.
agreed   :D
(o|o)

crowes654

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by who the fuck are you?:

strike anywhere?  jesus, is thi place infested with emo fuckers?

punk scensters are hilarious, they are more uniform than preps.  black military ballcap, pant legged rolled up on the bike chain side to expose the tats.  what a bunch of FUCKING losers.  

and to the person that mentioned Pete T. doesn't like the white stripes that is great, never heard that before.  Totally agree, jack White is a poseur.
Sounds like you've taken some sort of fetishistic notice of this uniform.  

Looks like we've got another true authority in our ranks.  Poseurs, punkers, scenesters and losers of all sorts beware! [/b]
Thanks for the complement.  Poseurs, punkers and scnensters......aren't they all one in the same?

wait, i'm confused now...

crowes654

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

what a bunch of FUCKING losers.
anyone who spends their music interest being devoted to one band no matter what they release is a fucking loser, especially when they're as stridently middle-of-the-road mediocre as the black crowes

honestly, did you at some point just decide to really like this band, and ignore the watered down sludge they play and the dozens of more exciting bands playing similar music?  or are you just ignorant?

you obviously spend a lot of time on the interweb defending them, why don't you use that time productively to listen to some fucking decent music and stop slurping the fucking black crowes for fuck's sake [/b]
i've made 5-6 posts on this board, and joined specifically to see what was being said about TBC and its hows at da Club.  

You are putting words in my mouth, as i never said they were the be all or end all and they are but one of the hundreds of bands i love.

do i love TBC and think they are great and vastly underrated?  guilty as charged, but i never said they were the only thing i listen to and that i occupy all my time defending them.

crowes654

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 04:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  I think he fits right in on this forum. Why do you think that I welcomed him in?     ;)  
i saw your slowdive choice on the on the other thread, i like that.

but the whote stripes till blow.  

anybody like the Lyres here?

snailhook

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 04:52:00 pm »
the lyres? i like 'em, and i personally know monoman (the "singer"). the dude's a fucking nutcase, and begged me to cover his shift at a record store in boston so he could get an $85 haircut. still, the lyres rock and are one of america's most underappreciated garage-rock bands.

best virginia band? i like the honor role nomination, and to extend that further, i say breadwinner. other notables (past and present) include labradford, pelt, rake, wingtip sloat, orthotonics, the alternatives, kepone, the last days of may (w/ karl precoda of the dream syndicate), skywave, ceremony, valkyrie, pig destroyer, alabama thunderpussy, RPG, loincloth, beaten back to pure, and harm*stryker.

crowes654

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 04:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by snailhook:
  the lyres? i like 'em, and i personally know monoman (the "singer"). the dude's a fucking nutcase, and begged me to cover his shift at a record store in boston so he could get an $85 haircut. still, the lyres rock and are one of america's most underappreciated garage-rock bands.

best virginia band? i like the honor role nomination, and to extend that further, i say breadwinner. other notables (past and present) include labradford, pelt, rake, wingtip sloat, orthotonics, the alternatives, kepone, the last days of may (w/ karl precoda of the dream syndicate), skywave, ceremony, valkyrie, pig destroyer, alabama thunderpussy, RPG, loincloth, beaten back to pure, and harm*stryker.
yeah, im just getting into them....really like it.  

i saw al. thunderpussy and i have to disagree there, thought the singer was way cheesy.  their drummer was a madman, however.

what about avail?  i don't usualluy vcare for that style of music, but they are good for what it is.

lamb of god?  don't like em, but went to grade school and highschool with one of the members.  Catholic school, too?  whodathunkit?

snailhook

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2006, 05:24:00 pm »
i saw al. thunderpussy and i have to disagree there, thought the singer was way cheesy. their drummer was a madman, however.

what about avail? i don't usualluy vcare for that style of music, but they are good for what it is.[/b]
did you see ATP over three years ago? if so, you saw them with their old singer, johnny throckmorton, who looked like david lee roth and was guilty of embarassing stage antics, like split kicks and imaginary baseball. he really took away from the heaviness of the band, but they ousted him and got another guy who was of the whiskey-throated lemmy type. they really came into their own with that guy, but he bailed out on the band because of a severe heroin addiction, and they are now looking for another singer. so musically, i dig 'em, but they still have to find the final pieces of the puzzle.

i loved avail when i was 15, and they are certainly great for what they do. i just can't get too into that type of music anymore.

lamb of god are ok...i neither love them nor dislike them. they have their metal moments, but some of it is just by-the-numbers thrash/grind. put them on a nu-metal bill, and they totally slay.

chokeychicken

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2006, 05:33:00 pm »
yeah, strike anywhere is all kinds of emo.  way to classify, asshole.

Sir HC

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 06:09:00 pm »
Would Fugazi count, Dischord house is in Virginia.

crowes654

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  yeah, strike anywhere is all kinds of emo.  way to classify, asshole.
you're right, man, my bad.

they're really just all kinds of off-kilter noise.  i love the way they totally over-emote and scream in the vocals(because they can't sing worth a damn and don't know the defintiion of the word melody).  good stuff, either way.

btw, the best va band is Virginia Coalition.  Those mofos gots da roots babay!!!  they rawk!!!  ahahah!

heckyeah

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 01:12:00 am »
Is this a trick question?  Nothing good has ever come out of Virginia.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 08:08:00 am »
Pentagram bitches!