Author Topic: Sat. 8/20 - 18th St. Lounge - Trotter (from Brazil), Christine Moritz  (Read 6240 times)

Christine Moritz

Christine Moritz

Bump for the Sun. 12/5 Belleruche show...

Christine Moritz

Belleruche tonight (Sun. 12/5)!

Not to be missed.

Christine Moritz

Bumping for the LODA event on Fri. 2/18!

Christine Moritz

BTW, set times are as follows (though the e-mail I got said they were "tentative and subject to change"):

Main Room:
10:00 - 12:30 | Bass Architects
12:30 - 2:00 | MOSCA
2:00 - Close | SGNL

Downtempo Lounge Hosted by Born Infinite:
10:00 - 11:30 | Deyv
11:30 - 1:00 | Christine Moritz
1:00 - Close | Godfather Sage

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:16:10 pm by Christine Moritz »

Christine Moritz

Set times (though not mine) slightly amended; see revised set times above.

Christine Moritz

Re: Fri. 5/6 - 9:30 Backbar - Christine Moritz, DJK, Totally Sugoi
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 01:03:18 pm »
Bump for tonight's Backbar event!

Christine Moritz

Re: Sat. 5/14 - ESL - Will Eastman, Christine Moritz
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 04:10:36 pm »
Bumping for the Sat. 5/14 ESL event...

Christine Moritz

Bump for the Thursday, June 2 Little Dragon show!

James Ford

I might go Thursday.

They're also playing Bumbershoot in September, and I'm waiting for the full schedule announcement tomorrow to see if I'll be able to wrk them into my schedule there. If I can't, more likely to be at the State Thurs.

Christine Moritz

Kokayi has been added to the bill.

Set times for tonight (Thurs. 6/2):

8:00 - doors open
8:00-8:30 - Christine Moritz (DJ set)
8:30-9:10 - Kokayi
9:10-9:30 - Christine Moritz (DJ set)
9:30-onward - Little Dragon

Christine Moritz

Re: Fri. 6/3 - 9:30 Backbar - Christine Moritz, DJK, Rogers, Classic Ice
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 12:11:40 pm »
Bios for the guest DJs at tonight's Backbar event:

Rogers is an original D.C. junglist. He has held residencies at Epidemic and the legendary Act Your Age. He was also the head drum'n' bass DJ instructor at Metatrack Studios in DC and has written for junglist.com and Outerloop Paper. He was a founding member of Catalyst_dc in 1998, and his DJ gigs have seen him play coast to coast alongside the top names in d'n'b at the most respected d'n'b nights in D.C. and abroad. This year he is back and refreshed after a 7-year hiatus focusing his attention on d'n'b production, now getting back on the decks where he truly belongs. Welcome the return of the Rogers!

Classic Ice began collecting and DJing jungle/d'n'b records in 1994. Since then, he has branched out, spinning other types of music (including metal, hardcore punk, and thrash) plus the ever-popular "eclectic" sets. He possesses one of the most comprehensive jungle/ drum'n'bass record collections in the D.C. area. For the last several years, he has been operating on the periphery of the scene, being sure to change DJ names periodically. Classic Ice is now back on the grind and working in the recording studio with the likes of Rogers and DJ Stress as well as hitting the decks all over D.C.

Christine Moritz

Re: Fri. 6/3 - 9:30 Backbar - Christine Moritz, DJK, Rogers, Classic Ice
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 03:24:28 pm »
Bumping for the July 15 King Britt show...

Christine Moritz

BTW, the King Britt show was written up in the Washingtonpost.com Nightlife Agenda for this week:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/going-out-gurus/post/nightlife-agenda-bastille-day-whiskey-and-a-tribe-called-quest/2011/07/12/gIQAVQDHBI_blog.html

The secret to King Britt?s long career is that he always challenges himself. Hip-hop, techno, house and soul have all gotten his signature touch, both through myriad releases and in his DJ sets. He once resurrected the lost music of a Southern folk artist and turned it into an album and live performance piece. Saturn Never Sleeps, the duo of Britt and vocalist Rucyl, is his current exploratory vehicle and you can experience it in an early show before his DJ set at U Street Music Hall. Originally inspired by Sun Ra, this experimental improvisational electronic project includes voice, beats and visuals that are created on the spot; they morph from dub to ambient and beyond.

Christine Moritz

Bump for the Sat. 7/23 See-I/Thunderball show!