Author Topic: Sat. 8/20 - 18th St. Lounge - Trotter (from Brazil), Christine Moritz  (Read 6242 times)

Christine Moritz

(Note that I'm using this thread as my gig perma-thread, updating it for each new gig with a new thread title and new thread content.  So Sweetcell's replies below were in response to the content for my Sun. 9/26 gig at U Street Music Hall, opening for Thievery Corporation (original text viewable here), Blipvurt's reply of 10/22 was in response to my posting about my 10/22 set at Jimmy Valentine's, etc.)

EDIT:  There was a scheduling mixup, so I'll now be DJing at Eighteenth Street Lounge on Sat. 8/20 rather than Sat. 8/13.

I'll be DJing at Eighteenth Street Lounge on Saturday, August 20 from 9:30-11:30 p.m., opening for Trotter (from Brazil).

Eighteenth Street Lounge is located at 1212 18th Street NW, Washington, DC (above Mattress Discounters).

The cover charge is usually $10 on the early side. The dress code is less stringent than it used to be, but in the past, items that were frowned upon included sneakers, athletic gear, torn/ripped jeans, flannel shirts, cargo pants, and possibly khakis or light-colored blue jeans.

Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:28:50 pm by Christine Moritz »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
any idea about set times?  even approximate?  will you or meistro be on at 9?
<sig>

Christine Moritz

I'll be on at 9.

Not sure about the rest of the set times.

Christine Moritz

Sweetcell, did you make it to Sunday's event?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
unfortunately i didn't (i def would have said hi has i been there!).  i was still a little worn out from freefest, i had an early flight on monday, i hadn't seen the missus all weekend, blah blah blah.  AKA, i was lame.  i even had tickets waiting for me.

how was it??  was the place packed?  good times?
<sig>

Christine Moritz

Re: Fri. 10/1 - 9:30 Backbar - Christine Moritz, DJK (11 p.m. onward)
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 05:14:41 pm »
Replying to 1) bump the thread now that I've changed its title and content and 2) respond to Sweetcell's question re. the Sun. 9/26 Thievery DJ event:

It was good!  I had fun DJing, and enjoyed Meistro's DJ as well.

I didn't stay for the entire Thievery set, as I had to be at work on Monday morning, but I enjoyed the portion I was there for.  Rob was using Ableton to DJ; I think this is the first time I've seen him doing so.  His mixing was very smooth and he used some effects.

It was interesting to see a Thievery DJ set in a venue other than Eighteenth Street Lounge or the 9:30 Club.  It was packed, but not the way ESL gets packed when there's a Thievery DJ set there... much more comfortable ratio of space to people.

If you're around, come to the Backbar tonight (Friday)!

:)

Christine Moritz

Re: 10/22 (Fri.) - Jimmy Valentine's - Christine Moritz
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:29:54 pm »
Bumping the thread for the updated gig info (tonight -- Fri. 10/22 -- at Jimmy Valentine's)...

blipvurt

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 02:11:01 pm »
Ah I used to love DJing there! I'll try to swing on my way home from Baltimore after the show. Have fun!

Christine Moritz

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:24 pm »
Ah I used to love DJing there! I'll try to swing on my way home from Baltimore after the show. Have fun!

Cool; hope you make it!

:)

Christine Moritz

Bumping the thread for the updated gig info (tonight, Sun. 10/31, at Rock and Roll Hotel with the Pimps of Joytime and Nayas).

walkonby

oh you djs . . . and your bumps.   ;D

Christine Moritz

Bump for the Friday, November 5 Backbar event.

Relaxer

I like the idea of updating one thread. Not only do we get to know the latest on your dj schedule, but it will serve as a time capsule of posts past.
oword

Christine Moritz

Tonight!  (That is to say, Friday, November 5.)

Christine Moritz

Bumping for the Sun. 12/5 Belleruche show...