Author Topic: GBV roll call, pregame and bizarre set time  (Read 10828 times)

Bags

Re: GBV roll call, pregame and bizarre set time
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 01:26:37 pm »
Hey, a coworker has a ticket at Will Call he can't use.  If I bring a xerox of his idea, last four digits of his credit card and a note 'releasing' the ticket to me, can I get his ticket?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 01:32:16 pm »
it has worked for me before...

Hey, a coworker has a ticket at Will Call he can't use.  If I bring a xerox of his idea, last four digits of his credit card and a note 'releasing' the ticket to me, can I get his ticket?
(_|_)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 01:38:58 pm »
wont work, buy my extra instead ;)

homepage now says 9:15
o/\o

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 03:20:51 pm »
i have an extra, shoot me a PM if you want to meet up before the show, i'll be drinking somewhere close by.
(o|o)

nkotb

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 04:02:21 pm »
What is the game plan?  Anyone planning on meeting up somewhere?  I'm coming in reasonably early to get a few drinks beforehand...any official plans?

hutch

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 04:13:50 pm »
What is the game plan?  Anyone planning on meeting up somewhere?  I'm coming in reasonably early to get a few drinks beforehand...any official plans?

sollys for my crew but i ain't getting in til 8... they will probably leave earlier to see mascis...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 04:16:43 pm »

i'm meeting people at duffy's at 7ish, i'll be wearing a black jacket/grey superchunk shirt, feel free to say hi
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 04:28:24 pm »
HoyaSaxa, have we met?  I'll be in a black and white striped shirt with collar (girl's shirt, I'm a girl) with a red/white baseball patch pinned on.  It's a GBV patch...  And I'm middle aged.  ;)

hutch

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 01:34:22 am »
good show..but too short...doing encores starting at 1:15....come on! that seems wrong for this band..

but in the end its like people didn't expect more than 2 hrs..

had not been to duffys btw.. color me unimpressed.. rude waiter..high prices...surprised..i expected more.. a place that has 6 tvs and not one showing phillies-giants game?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:58:18 am by hutch »

K8teebug

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 10:18:42 am »
We were at Duffys too.  Good wings.  We were in the back, so we had to get bar service, but it was fine.  The servers/bartender were a bit rude.  Oh well.

Good show.  Lame crowd.  Some Justin Beiber dude in front of me just would not stop texting.  Seriously people, put down the phone and watch the show.  Call me old fashioned, but I am so over people on their phone the entire time.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 10:36:38 am »
fantastic show....went to U street music hall for Grum to finish off a great night...
(_|_)

Mobius

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 11:12:09 am »
It was short and it started too early . . .which perhaps made the show more in line with the dense and looslely efficient GBV 'classic' albums than a legendary immersive marathon show.  A cavalcade of hit after hit lighting up the hazy shadows of the debauched recesses of your rock and alcohol soaked mind.  I could review the show by just saying Smothered in Hugs, Watch Me Jumpstart, Motor Away, Game of Pricks, Gold Star for Robot Boy and it would suffice to explain how I felt.  Great fun to see the old guys reunited, with eachother and the songs, working their alchemy.

I guess it was like a happy hour jam.  Loosened up along the way (especially Tobin who gave off a vibe that he got there straight from work), hit a kind of inebriated sweet spot (I'd point to Smothered in Hugs) and then it was over before you have another, lose your sense of time and the real craziness begins.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:16:23 am by Mobius »

hutch

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 11:52:21 am »
I guess I missed the part where Tobin loosened up!..
To me he seemed not to fit in at all and seemed so nervous when he first sang... the band was bob, kevin, greg and mitch.. what Tobin was doing half the time I haven't a clue...

But of course he wrote many well loved GBV songs and it was great that he was a part of the reunion.

After the show Mitch jumped down and hung out...maybe he was trying to get some of that "DC Pussy!" he went on about...

pascual_i285_perez

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 12:01:33 pm »
what Tobin was doing half the time I haven't a clue...

Was his guitar even on half the time? 

pascual_i285_perez

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2010, 12:04:02 pm »
It was short and it started too early

I wound up getting sick about 80 minutes in last night and had to leave.  What time did they finally shut it down?