Author Topic: ooh, ooh . . . new batman movie . . . ooh, ooh  (Read 26810 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: ooh, ooh . . . new batman movie . . . ooh, ooh
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 10:27:34 am »
I don't think Anne Hathaway is hot, Selina Kyle is supposed to be smokin' and I just don't buy Hathaway as that. I'm sure she'll be amazing somehow though. Nolan's done some damn find movies including the last 2 Batman movies [duh] so I think that trend is going to continue and can't wait to see his Bane. I hope he kicks Batman's ass for 3 hours.

I've heard Bane breaks Batman's back and Catwoman attacks Bane to avenge Batman? That would be interesting...
‼‼?‼‼

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 11:04:03 am »
I'm having trouble envisioning how Catwoman can fit into Nolan's Batman. She seems a bit too campy without the underlying malevolence.

As far as Bane, I'm already having flashbacks to the cluster-f*ck that was Batman and Robin.

I LOVE "Batman and Robin" and "Batman Forever".  I'm not being ironic, either.  They're like live-action comic books.  I never understood why comic fans think Batman movies have to be darker and more serious than "Schindler's List."

I actually think Nolan's two are extremely overrated.  Can you IMAGINE "The Dark Knight" without The Joker?  That movie would be AWFUL.  Christian Bale has negative charisma.  And that voice!  You thought "Batman and Robin" was funny and campy?

I'll forever be disappointed that because "Batman and Robin" was considered the worst film of all time by 35 year-old blog-writing virgins (which is impossible since Russell Brand, Ashton Kutcher and Adam Sandler all were not in "Batman and Robin") they never got the opportunity to make the fifth one, "Batman Triumphant" which would have had Chris O'Donnell become Nightwing and introduce a new Robin.

Brian

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 11:13:14 am »
I'm having trouble envisioning how Catwoman can fit into Nolan's Batman. She seems a bit too campy without the underlying malevolence.

As far as Bane, I'm already having flashbacks to the cluster-f*ck that was Batman and Robin.

Can you IMAGINE "The Dark Knight" without The Joker?  That movie would be AWFUL. 

Brian
Can you imagine ANY superhero movie without a villain? It would be awful! That's the point.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 02:17:56 pm »
i honestly feel this batman movie will be the last.  just as in iron man 2 (which sucked so hard, the director bowed out of part 3) the villians here will ruin the film.  has nobody ever heard of when villians have been done before, you don't do them again.  i really feel heath's joker pales in comparison to jack's joker, and nothing will eclipse michelle's catwoman . . . nothing.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 03:33:27 pm »
Seriously? Jack's Joker was Jack in Joker make-up. A fucking shame.
‼‼?‼‼

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »

I strongly agree with DFA on this one.  I never agree with overwrought, messiah-like praise for an acting performance but Ledger's Joker WAS awesome.  See, there's something I like.  He made you think that someone like that could actually exist.  Bale's Batman or Two-Face?  Not so much.

The first Batman was just dull and stupid.  Everyone tears the third and fourth ones for being campy and awful but Smilex?  "Batdance?"  Jerry Hall?  Acting?  Michael Keaton?  Puh-leeze.

Brian

walkonby

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 03:50:58 pm »
heath's joker . . . liked pink floyd.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »

I did not see evidence of that.  He seemed more Johnny Rotten/Sid Vicious doing "My Way" in "The Great Rock N Roll Swindle".

Brian
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:00:13 pm by Brian_Wallace »

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 06:06:23 pm »

I did not seem evidence of that.  He seemed more Johnny Rotten/Sid Vicious doing "My Way" in "The Great Rock N Roll Swindle".

Brian

Ooh -ooh...this reminds me. I was flicking through the independant movie channels last week and came across Sid & Nancy with Gary Oldman. It was just starting. I hadn't seen it so was all excited to watch it. 25 minutes later I was watching the food channel. The acting was fucking atrocious....it was even beyond being so bad it was fun to watch. It was painful to watch. I felt embarrassed for the actors. I'm just glad I didn't pay to watch that shit is all I can say.

Okay...back to Batman. Just wanted to share this.....

walkonby

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 06:54:30 pm »
i like your use of ooh, ooh.     ;D

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 07:05:34 pm »

I did not seem evidence of that.  He seemed more Johnny Rotten/Sid Vicious doing "My Way" in "The Great Rock N Roll Swindle".

Brian

Ooh -ooh...this reminds me. I was flicking through the independant movie channels last week and came across Sid & Nancy with Gary Oldman. It was just starting. I hadn't seen it so was all excited to watch it. 25 minutes later I was watching the food channel. The acting was fucking atrocious....it was even beyond being so bad it was fun to watch. It was painful to watch. I felt embarrassed for the actors. I'm just glad I didn't pay to watch that shit is all I can say.

Okay...back to Batman. Just wanted to share this.....

I'm disappointed you didn't compare/contrast Gary Oldman's interpretation of Sid Vicious with his interpretation of Commissioner James Gordon.  That would have tied it back into the Batman discussion quite neatly.

Courtney Love is actually in "Sid & Nancy".  She plays one of Sid and Nancy's hanger-on junkie friends.  That is in NO WAY foreshadowing.

Brian

walkonby

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 07:12:03 pm »
i like your use of not replying to the fact that sid and nancy was a bad movie.    ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 10:58:51 am »

I strongly agree with DFA on this one.  I never agree with overwrought, messiah-like praise for an acting performance but Ledger's Joker WAS awesome.  See, there's something I like.  He made you think that someone like that could actually exist.  Bale's Batman or Two-Face?  Not so much.

The first Batman was just dull and stupid.  Everyone tears the third and fourth ones for being campy and awful but Smilex?  "Batdance?"  Jerry Hall?  Acting?  Michael Keaton?  Puh-leeze.

Brian
Not to mention how many times in the movie are you like "That's Heath Ledger" He completed MADE that character, it's amazing. I watch the first Batman and think "That's just Jack Nicolson in Joker make-up. His voice is Jack, his face is Jack, everything is Jack. He's just a little more mobile than we're used to. The Joker is my favorite Batman villain and villain ever, but I refrained from saying it was the best thing ever when I saw TDK because I thought it WAS amazing but I didn't want to be biased becuase I have been obsessed with The Joker since I was a kid. It was great to see the re-vamped Joker, but I was never impressed or in awe of Jack's and I think anyone who says his was better is just an idiot who wants to argue. Nicolson wasn't nominated and won for his Joker, even though I think the Academy is a joke, but it shows how his performance was seen throughout the industry.

Watch any Jack Nicolson movie and watch Batman, you're like "Yep, that's him"

Watch 10 Things I Hate About You and watch The Dark Knight, it's amazing to think it's Heath Ledger and if you don't agree that's fine, but I just think it's silly to say Jack's was better...
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 12:21:57 pm »
everybody knows why heath was nominated and won.  pah . . . lease.  his death, plus the who else was nominated; there was no way they were giving it to downey's performance in tropic thunder; hoffman in doubt (won too much already); brolin in milk (penn was already the goto guy from that film).  jack was better, and    yes . . . i already know i'm an idiot; that's beside the point.  heath couldn't even win when he was nominated before.  the end.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:23:37 pm by walkonby »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 12:58:53 pm »
Really? I actually thought that if Heath hadn't died that Gary Oldman would have been nominated too. If anything for the last scene where Harvey has his family. Powerful performance there at the end.
‼‼?‼‼