Author Topic: Fort Reno Forum Party!  (Read 8781 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Fort Reno Forum Party!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2005, 11:11:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  that's what i thought. pink helmet?
Just replaced it last night with a purpley blue one.  (Helmets have a shelf life of 2 years.  I just noticed that the sticker in the pink one said '02.  Scary.) [/b]
heh, on friday the girl i thought 'that must be chimbly sweep' had a pink helmet on. so i don't feel so bad
o/\o

eltee

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Once you meet one of us
that's IF you meet up - such teases!  ;)  ahem.

jkeisenh

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2005, 10:19:00 am »

jkeisenh

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2005, 10:20:00 am »
 heh, on friday the girl i thought 'that must be chimbly sweep' had a pink helmet on. so i don't feel so bad
that was most certainly me.

Bags

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2005, 10:27:00 am »
Considering the first show is just a week off, they certainly are taking their sweet time getting a schedule up.

Gist is Nayan's band from Revolutionary Records -- he's a guy everyone should support!

brennser

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2005, 10:34:00 am »
(Helmets have a shelf life of 2 years. I just noticed that the sticker in the pink one said '02. Scary.)
yo chimbley

2 years!!!!

that sounds like a bike shop/helmet manufacturer scam?

from helmets.org

"Most manufacturers now recommend that helmets be replaced after five years, but some of that may be just marketing. (Bell now recommends every three years, which seems to us too short. They base it partially on updating your helmet technology, but they have not been improving their helmets that much over three year periods, and we consider some of their helmets since the late 1990's to be a step backwards, so we would take that with a grain of salt.) Deterioration depends on usage, care, and abuse. But if you ride thousands of miles every year, five years may be a realistic estimate of helmet life. And helmets have actually been improving enough over time to make it a reasonable bet that you can find a better one than you did five years ago. It may fit better, look better, and in some cases may even be more protective."

eltee

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2005, 10:41:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:

that was most certainly me. [/b]
I was nearby

jkeisenh

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2005, 11:13:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:

"Most manufacturers now recommend that helmets be replaced after five years, but some of that may be just marketing. (Bell now recommends every three years, which seems to us too short. They base it partially on updating your helmet technology, but they have not been improving their helmets that much over three year periods, and we consider some of their helmets since the late 1990's to be a step backwards, so we would take that with a grain of salt.) Deterioration depends on usage, care, and abuse. But if you ride thousands of miles every year, five years may be a realistic estimate of helmet life. And helmets have actually been improving enough over time to make it a reasonable bet that you can find a better one than you did five years ago. It may fit better, look better, and in some cases may even be more protective."
But I really abuse mine-- it gets tossed in corners, thrown on floors, pounded against walls, covered in snow/salt/rain/hail/etc.  Besides, it was 3 yrs old anyway.

amnesiac

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2005, 10:05:00 am »
Schedule finally posted

No Ted Leo....yet

godsshoeshine

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
BUT alot of tbas...
o/\o

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2005, 10:30:00 am »
Q and not U is playing the same night as tegan and sara...  :(

amnesiac

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2005, 10:36:00 am »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  Q and not U is playing the same night as tegan and sara...   :(  
Shows at Ft. Reno end pretty early. You could probably catch Tegan and Sara after Q and not U, but would miss the opening act.

onefellswoop

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2005, 07:58:00 pm »
which bands are worth checking out? i'll definitely be seeing q and not u and travis morrison...

they should have links to each band's site

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2005, 11:08:00 pm »
hypothetically, that's a great idea.
 too bad i don't have transportation   :(

kcjones119

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2005, 01:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  hypothetically, that's a great idea.
 too bad i don't have transportation    :(  
From  Fort Reno's site :
 "Fort Reno is located across the street from Woodrow Wilson High School and is 2 blocks from the Tenleytown-AU stop on Metro's Red Line."

Viva El Metro