Author Topic: White Stripes No More  (Read 14509 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: White Stripes No More
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »
Shhhh....you'll be called names on here for not caring!

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Like I care! LOLOL. You know me better than that. Besides, they already call me names, and not all good.

Besides, I agree with the movement here that they did what they did and then wore it out. So be it.

Jaguar

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 03:14:06 pm »

hutch

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 03:19:08 pm »

hipster?  ::)

walkonby

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 03:19:25 pm »

Mobius

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 03:21:59 pm »
So I guess the aughts are now  officially over then

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 03:26:48 pm »
You say that likes it's some kind of insult. In the grand scheme of things, most people on here are "hipsters". You included. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 03:28:56 pm »
Meg wants to replace the terrible drummer of Best Coast.
(_|_)

Jaguar

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 03:32:58 pm »
Meg wants to replace the terrible drummer of Best Coast.

Why even bother unless it's an improvement?

hutch

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 03:53:35 pm »
You say that likes it's some kind of insult. In the grand scheme of things, most people on here are "hipsters". You included. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

I'm hip for sure but I ain't no "hipster"!.. .I'm loyal to my bands. I don't like them for their first album and 15 minutes of fame and then when others catch on go "Oh, they WERE great back when only I knew about 'em.. but now...fuggedaboutit".. You see that kind of shit on this board all the friggin' time....Phoenix comes to mind ("Oh, the Rock and Roll Hotel that was it man, Constitution Hall..what a downer mahn..") its cool..I laugh about it actually.. it amuses me ...peeps thinking they're cool..trying to out-cool each other...

Bands like Ween, Luna, GBV, ACDC, Stones, Smithereens, Sleater, Outer Body Llama (DC's best band that you "hip" cats refuse to listen to..back in the day they weren't Dischord enough.. now they ain't Brooklyn enough..it never ends).. guys like Dylan, Jack White...  I'll support them forever... I'm open to whatever they want to do... I don't go "Oh, they are too old" or some crap like that...I'm loyal.

Like I said.. I may be hip but I ain't no hipster.. the hipster enjoys the feeling he gets from thinking he's ahead of the crowd; somehow superior and better... once he doesn't have that feeling he's got to move on, differentiate himself from the crowd, and in fact put down the crowd (and by extension the artist)...I couldn't care less what the crowd thinks: whether they are for or against an artist... thats what being truly hip is... btw

We've had a million examples of this "hipsterism" which is really nothing more than being a poseur.. to the poseur Pearl Jam was great when you could see them in some shitty club and they could barely play their instruments... now if two of their band members are in a side project and coming to the Black Cat today well thats just a "nineties" thing ..its a bad thing cause its "old"... I think thats utter bunk..

But carry on children.

Mobius

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 04:01:01 pm »
Pearl Jam could always play their instruments.  They arrived fully formed

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:10 pm »
Very happy I got to see them live. Great band, thought they went out on a good note. Not my favorite band, but definitely in the top 20 or so. Sad news.
‼‼?‼‼

reggie

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:21 pm »
As a gigposter collector, I'm kinda sad because the Stripes poster artist and merch designer, Rob Jones, made some really amazing prints for them over the years.

ggw

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 04:12:41 pm »
Don't be sad.  Those Rob Jones prints have just increased in value.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 05:03:33 pm »

Is there a good gigography of them somewhere?  Was the Patriot Center show one of the last ones they ever did?  Looking back I'm glad I went to that even though Jack was pissy about the sound the entire show.

Brian

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 05:14:31 pm »
The White Stripes have broke up?

Cue the 1812 Overture!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fI-dGWT74

Most overrated band evah!