Author Topic: Lollapalooza 2011  (Read 7729 times)

atomicfront

Re: Lollapalooza 2011
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 02:21:58 pm »
My capsule review of this year....

But one thing that made me wonder...I bolted before the Foo Fighters set to walk around a bit and saw a little of this and that until I ended up at the other end of the field where Deadmau5 was "playing".  I'm not going to editorialize one way or the other on him, but how can so many people treat Daft Punk like gods and at the same shit all over this?  From the bit that I watched it was essentially the same racket.

Robots!!!!!

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 02:52:47 pm »

Perry Farrell said that he wants to make it more dance-centric every year.  Not really sure how I feel about that.  I guess that's what the kids are into these days.

But one thing that made me wonder...I bolted before the Foo Fighters set to walk around a bit and saw a little of this and that until I ended up at the other end of the field where Deadmau5 was "playing".  I'm not going to editorialize one way or the other on him, but how can so many people treat Daft Punk like gods and at the same shit all over this?  From the bit that I watched it was essentially the same racket.

I hate when people are so obsessed with bringing dance music to masses.  BFD, Perry.  You just want that because you have better drugs.

Also, was Perry's "wife" there this year?  She's like Ice T's Coco.

As for Daft Punk vs. Deadmau5, Daft Punk are French.  And if Anglo-Saxon higher education has taught us anything, French artists have more cred.  See also:  Air, Phoenix.  Hell, you could even use that argument for Fatboy Slim vs Girl Talk.

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 07:18:49 pm »

Perry Farrell said that he wants to make it more dance-centric every year.  Not really sure how I feel about that.  I guess that's what the kids are into these days.

I hate when people are so obsessed with bringing dance music to masses.  BFD, Perry.  You just want that because you have better drugs.

Also, was Perry's "wife" there this year?  She's like Ice T's Coco.

As for Daft Punk vs. Deadmau5, Daft Punk are French.  And if Anglo-Saxon higher education has taught us anything, French artists have more cred.  See also:  Air, Phoenix.  Hell, you could even use that argument for Fatboy Slim vs Girl Talk.

Brian

and here i thought in regards of quailty, showmanship, sound, control, look, and just a better fucking  band . . . daft punk bitch slaps deadmau5.