Author Topic: New Radiohead album this week  (Read 60386 times)

ggw

Re: New Radiohead album this week
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2011, 01:08:46 pm »
Stephen Colbert can?t be influenced by the agendas of politicians and public officials, but if you?re a popular rock group that doesn?t easily embrace television cameras he will gladly roll over for you. On Monday Comedy Central announced that it would expand ?The Colbert Report? to an hourlong broadcast for the first time in that show?s history to present a special episode featuring Radiohead, the British rock quintet of ?OK Computer? and ?Kid A? fame, whose song ?How to Disappear Completely? could sometimes be mistaken for their press strategy. (Perhaps in an effort to be more visible, the band will also appear on Saturday?s season premiere of ?Saturday Night Live,? and will perform at Roseland Ballroom in Manhattan on Sept. 28 and 29.)

In a news release Comedy Central said that the one-hour ?Colbert Report? special would be shown next Monday, Sept. 26, and would present the band in interviews and performances of their songs from their recent album, ?The King of Limbs? (including an unreleased track called ?The Daily Mail?), along with that program?s usual mix of topical comedy segments. Mr. Colbert, who isn?t afraid to flaunt his rock-music bona fides, has used his show to feature artists like the Decemberists, LCD Soundsystem and Jack White, who appeared in multiple ?Colbert Report? segments over the summer. Mr. Colbert said in a statement, ?I look forward to meeting the Radioheads and leveraging their anti-corporate indie cred to raise brand awareness for my sponsors.?

wml7

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2011, 01:25:52 pm »
These fuckers are playing at the Roseland September 28 and 29th.  Wish it was this weekend instead, hmmmmm see if I can get a ticket  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:10 pm »
woa - just found out i need to be in NYC on 9/28  :o
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2011, 01:31:10 pm »
I think I'll try and make one of those dates if I can get a ticket, how is that place?  ;D

bearman🐻

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2011, 01:32:17 pm »
I hear they might be playing FSS and they're going to charge $200 a pop. Watch out for a simultaneous hurricane/earthquake/fire/locust/electromagnetic storm.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:15 pm »
^ You forgot a tornado, like the very, very tall one that I saw rolling down the beach the other day.

wml7

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2011, 02:07:21 pm »
where you been jagy you been missing in action around here  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2011, 02:10:37 pm »
I think I'll try and make one of those dates if I can get a ticket, how is that place?  ;D

roseland is HUGE - capacity = 3200.  it's a long hall, so lines of sight from the back half of the cavern aren't good.  either you have a good spot, or you can drink - not both.  i'm relatively indifferent, verging on unimpressed, about the roseland as a concert venue.  hardwood floors.  weeeeeee.
<sig>

fatskippy

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2011, 02:28:09 pm »
Roseland blows but I must be there.  Luckily I have jedi ticketmaster skills.

wml7

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2011, 04:17:58 pm »
$65 for a ticket and add fees it's $79.75, we can have a meet up if I get tickets  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2011, 05:44:53 pm »
Four Tet, along with fellow producers RocketNumberNine, Falty DL, and Pearson Sound, will open both shows.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2011, 06:47:40 pm »
i've just changed my travel plans to accommodate this change of plans.  i'll be in NYC on the night of the 28th ;D

i have a hotel room 10 blocks away from the roseland.  anyone who sells me their other (second) ticket for the 28th has a place to stay for free. 
<sig>

eros

« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:28 am »
I'd really like to go, but I guess I can wait.

Thom Yorke confirms Radiohead will tour in 2012
ʎɐʍou

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2011, 03:27:15 am »
where you been jagy you been missing in action around here  ;D

Dodging hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and blizzards. With that said, I can't really complain as they've all been very kind to us. In fact, I'm in Radiohead-free territory. You know all that intense rain you got the other week? Well, we didn't get a drop. Not even one. It's been like that all summer. Even Irene went directly over us but you'd never know it once she blew by. They predict rain almost every day but it almost never happens. Will pour only several miles away but not here. Suspect we'll make up for it this extended weekend. C'est la vie.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2011, 09:25:07 am »
we have a deal if you pay for my ticket and yours...

i've just changed my travel plans to accommodate this change of plans.  i'll be in NYC on the night of the 28th ;D

i have a hotel room 10 blocks away from the roseland.  anyone who sells me their other (second) ticket for the 28th has a place to stay for free. 
(_|_)