Author Topic: JANE's Tour Cncld - 930 Club: Bring Them Here!  (Read 5565 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
Re: JANE's Tour Cncld - 930 Club: Bring Them Here!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2003, 03:35:00 pm »
it's odd that a show featuring three bands (the used were the opener) that can sell very well at the club level couldn't make the jump to the next sized venues.  i guess their crowds just don't want to mix.  it's a shame.  i was really looking forward to a week away.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2003, 03:40:00 pm »
Doesn't she also put out a sassy magazine for the young ladies? Multidimensional, that Jane!

Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  I don't know too much about Jane's music, but she makes a damn fine book about world fighter aircraft recognition.  Hat's off Jane!  What a fine lass.

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2003, 03:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  it's odd that a show featuring three bands (the used were the opener) that can sell very well at the club level couldn't make the jump to the next sized venues.  i guess their crowds just don't want to mix.  it's a shame.  i was really looking forward to a week away.
wasnt it $50?  on a college campus during term break.

i am not too surprised.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2003, 04:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  wasnt it $50?  on a college campus during term break.

i am not too surprised.
not sure of the cost, but the local show was the only one at a college.  i don't remember all of the venues, but one was the tweeter center and the new year's eve show was scheduled for madison square garden.

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2003, 04:41:00 pm »
oh thats right, they cancelled the whole tour.

yeah, only thing i can think of is that the 2 audiences didnt mix very well

$40-$50 would be ok for 2 good bands, but if you only like one of them.....

but I'd pay $40 to see Jane's at 930 or Electric Factory.

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2003, 06:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Doesn't she also put out a sassy magazine for the young ladies? Multidimensional, that Jane!
And in her spare time she seems to be an expert, not to be confused with Anne Expert, on warships and assault rifles.  Whatta gal!

Jaguär

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2003, 09:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  I don't know too much about Jane's music, but she makes a damn fine book about world fighter aircraft recognition.  Hat's off Jane!  What a fine lass.
I've seen a few issues of those and thought it was pretty cool. There were a few nice little machines I'd like to fly in.

thirsty moore

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2003, 09:38:00 pm »
I'm pretty sure Jane's would be well received at the 930 club.  Even though I'm not much of a fan of theirs, it'd be great to see them play The Mountain Song.

flawd101

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2003, 01:30:00 am »
An official statement has been released regarding the cancellation of the Jane's Addiction, Marilyn Manson and The Used Tour, it is as follows:
 "Due to exhaustion brought on by a rigorous touring schedule, Jane's Addiction has decided to call off our holiday run of the East and all head south to the equator, where we hope to find rest and a new perspective for 2004. We apologize to all of our fans and hope that they will understand. We will see everyone in the New Year and happy holidays!"

hitman

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2003, 03:59:00 am »
I'll admit that I am a Live fan, and even at points Ed can get nerving.  But I was given tix to see that Nissan show, and literally went just to see LIve, then left.  I thought the set they did was very reminiscent of what they did on the Throwing Copper tour.  They went back to basics, which was nothing like the album that they were promoting then "V".  And as much as I can respect Farrell and Navarro for being good musicians when they can manage to stay out their own ways, I just get sick and tired of the glam revivalist shit.

Originally posted by MindCage:
  I saw Janes about 2 years ago at Nissan w/ Live. Damn was Live just awful. Who forgot to hand out the revolvers at the door for their ultra depressing set? Ed kept bringing up all the 9/11 stuff and how people in this area got hit hard by it and it's great how we all could come out and bond about it blah blah blah. Uhhh shut up Ed, we came to rock out to Janes not to hear you keep bringing the 9/11 stuff up with your depressing set.

Janes did rock out, even with the dancers and the short acoustic set with the moon shining bright behind them! Wish I had my uh point and click camera that night at the show!    ;)  

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions

imaginarycolors

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2003, 11:08:00 pm »
yeah i was contemplating going to that show being that I can walk to the Patriot Center since I live on campus but Jane's Addiction and Marilyn Manson? What were they trying to do, bridge the age gap? I dunno how relevant Manson will be in a couple years but Jane i think has placed itself in music history already, if it was Jane's Addiction and the Used that would be cool. I'm sure it was the low ticket sales though. They definitely rocked though when i saw them for Lollapalooza, many of the bands rocked house that day, from QOTSA onward. Audioslave definitely put on a better live show than at HFStival and Jane's Addiction is always quality show.

Jaguär

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2003, 11:18:00 pm »
Marilyn Manson has definitely made a place for themselves in musical history and will be remembered for a long time. Screw where any of them will be in several years. You're starting to sound like Rhett! The real question is, do you want to see them now?

sonickteam2

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2003, 09:22:00 am »
albeit not really for his music.