Author Topic: Latin Rock/Rock en Espanol thread  (Read 4452 times)

hutch

Latin Rock/Rock en Espanol thread
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:00:39 pm »
I'm excited about Andres Calamaro at Irving Park 10-6...anyone else going? Tempted to spring for the VIP ticket...

These are his first shows in the US that I can remember over the past 15 years.. there may have been a Miami show but thats about it..

James Ford

Re: Latin Rock/Rock en Espanol thread
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:17 pm »
The whole idea of a vip ticket for a rock concert is totally not rock and roll. The concept must have totally been invented for the self-important DC blowhard crowd. I couldn't imagine vip concert tickets in Baltimore.

Or is Andres Calermo at Irving Park a soccer matchup?

hutch

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:35:39 pm »
The whole idea of a vip ticket for a rock concert is totally not rock and roll. The concept must have totally been invented for the self-important DC blowhard crowd. I couldn't imagine vip concert tickets in Baltimore.

Or is Andres Calermo at Irving Park a soccer matchup?

Who is Andres calermo?

well except i like to meet the musicians i enjoy and get them to autograph my LP. i know its not very rock and roll.. but I guess its how i roll

to make a long story short i think he'll be at the soundcheck for VIPs..

like i said i probably won't go for it..

thinking about it i don't know that i have ever bought a VIP ticket..

just that this guy is like my numero 1 and him coming to the US is a biggie for me..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:39:29 pm by hutch »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:42:32 pm »
Irving Park or Irving PLAZA in NYC?
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 02:44:00 pm »

wrong on two counts: there are plenty of shows in b'more with VIP tickets (check out 1st mariner arena).  and the VIP ticket certainly wasn't invented just for DC: way more of a NYC and LA thing (although nowadays it's pretty universal - there are people everywhere willing to pay more for the best seats & additional benefits).
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:52:14 pm »
Irving Park or Irving PLAZA in NYC?

I guess its Irving Plaza.. I never been..

hutch

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 05:05:32 pm »
whoa... Julieta Venegas announced for State theatre in falls church.. november 9

thats twice in like 6 months!

I saw her at a great free show at the Kennedy Center a few years ago.. i think the video is archived on the millenium stage though she played in one of the halls

to tie it in to the greatest songwriter of my generation- andres calamaro- she did perform his "sin documentos"..great version..

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 05:18:15 pm »
Youre talking about the LiveNation VIP thing at Irving PLaza? I dont think thats a meet/greet with the artist. I could be wrong - but Im pretty sure that most of their things are for earlier access and to avoid lines, etc.

I dont recall Irving Plaza having things with the artists too often, then again I try to avoid that venue for a lot of reasons.

And FYI - if youre naming NY shows, we do have a nice thread for the NYC shows. Then again - I thought Irving Park was some new venue in DC since I had never heard it called that before.
HeyLa

hutch

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 05:24:16 pm »
Youre talking about the LiveNation VIP thing at Irving PLaza? I dont think thats a meet/greet with the artist. I could be wrong - but Im pretty sure that most of their things are for earlier access and to avoid lines, etc.

I dont recall Irving Plaza having things with the artists too often, then again I try to avoid that venue for a lot of reasons.

And FYI - if youre naming NY shows, we do have a nice thread for the NYC shows. Then again - I thought Irving Park was some new venue in DC since I had never heard it called that before.

Yeah.. I know its unusual but i think it said something about "sound check".. I tweeted with Calamaro and he seemed to indicate he'd be there ...

I'm going to concentrate my latin rock info here. people can copy it onto the various just announced threads..

hutch

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 05:24:58 pm »
Julieta Venegas played state Theatre Feb. 25.. show was originally to be at black cat but was moved to state theatre due to demandqq

Mobius

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 07:06:51 pm »
Shouldn't this discussion be on the Fillmore forum?

ggw

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 02:40:20 pm »
Is Hutch really Dan Snyder?

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=363&sid=2545681

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 03:26:51 pm »
This is Amuurca...now speak English!