Author Topic: Record Store Day Question  (Read 35143 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: Record Store Day Question
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 02:44:31 pm »

I'm not even sure what the "holy grail" items will be this year.

Is that Pink Floyd record rare?  People go ape-sh*t for Springsteen so that one will probably be prized.
I don't think there's a Beatles record.  That Radiohead single isn't on any list.  I'm guessing the true music geeks will want that Big Star record.  Younger people will go for "Hormoaning" by Nirvana even though they've heard all those songs on "Incesticide."

Brian

James Ford

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2011, 02:49:02 pm »
By "younger people" do you mean people in the 35-45 age range who grew up on Nirvana? As opposed to the AARP people who would want the other stuff?

Is that Pink Floyd record rare?  People go ape-sh*t for Springsteen so that one will probably be prized.
I don't think there's a Beatles record.  That Radiohead single isn't on any list.  I'm guessing the true music geeks will want that Big Star record.  Younger people will go for "Hormoaning" by Nirvana even though they've heard all those songs on "Incesticide."

Brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2011, 02:51:14 pm »
By "younger people" do you mean people in the 35-45 age range who grew up on Nirvana? As opposed to the AARP people who would want the other stuff?

Brian

I'm bummed there's no Panic! At the Disco record.  They JUST put out a new album.

Brian

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2011, 03:15:36 pm »
Don't know how they all decide who puts out what but you'd think it would be a broad selection. Something for everyone to get as many people involved as possible. Then again, maybe we're only seeing what the media selects for us to see. Not so much out of control but purely out of personal picking and choosing what to report.

hutch

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2011, 03:31:32 pm »
guess i'm a true music geek!

;D

Jaguar

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2011, 06:44:49 pm »
Score one for team USA! Even Brian should like this one. Just a shame that most of us can't attend.

The Black Angels
On Sat, April 16th For Record Store Day The Black Angels will be performing at Culture Clash Records in Toledo, OH at 1 pm! Info: http://bit.ly/frnHau

Look for ?Phosgene Nightmare? on 10? White Vinyl and ?Another Nice Pair? EP on Double Vinyl !

TheREALHunter

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 07:35:09 am »

The holy grail item is the Oxbow 'King Of The Jews' LP.

killsaly

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 12:28:01 am »
That should be the holy grail.
Quote from: teehnbwitches
PRE-ORDER NOW - SHIPPING IS 27TH APRIL

Teehn Bwitches - Album CDR

INCL. FREE COLLAGE FLIPSIDE CARD COVER ART BY COSMOTROPIA DE XAM + featured collage by gret.app (mexico)

LIMITED EDITION OF 75 COPIES ONLY

First 30 copies come with special Japan OBI Card on colored CDR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M2m_pNw7AI&feature=player_embedded

(VIA PHANTASMA DISQUES)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 06:26:33 pm »
10 Must-Have Releases for Record Store Day
http://www.spin.com/articles/10-must-have-releases-record-store-day

the daft punk disk looks sweet.  bad braaaaaaaaaains....
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 01:47:32 pm »

http://pitchfork.com/news/42023-radiohead-to-release-12-for-record-store-day/

PRO: This is what I'm talking about!  New, unreleased stuff.  Not all re-issues.

CON:  I predict several, tragic, hipster Who-in-Cincinnati catastrophes.  I mean, 2000 copies?!!  And a given store MAY only get two or three!?!?  And you thought getting Death Cab For Cutie tickets was hard....

Brian

According to their website this new, unreleased Radiohead single will only be available in the U.K. tomorrow (just reinforcing that the UK's Record Store Day is 20 times better than the US one):

http://radiohead.com/deadairspace/

So no entitled hipster violence in acquiring one, OK?.  A liberal arts education and a nice import when you turn 17 shouldn't make you that angry.  There will be a live Pink Floyd album available tomorrow so just smoke a jay and CHILL OUT, MAN!

It says it will be out in the States on June 14th.

Brian

Jaguar

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2011, 08:58:27 am »
The True Vine?  Never been there myself.  Anyone shop there? 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2011, 11:27:26 am »
so, any tales of stampedes?  hipsters crushed to death inside the stores?  tales of alienation and human suffering because they sold their one copy of <insert name holy-grail record here> before you could get to the counter?  any hot chicks???
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2011, 11:40:34 am »
No. No. Yes. No.

so, any tales of stampedes?  hipsters crushed to death inside the stores?  tales of alienation and human suffering because they sold their one copy of <insert name holy-grail record here> before you could get to the counter?  any hot chicks???

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2011, 12:12:14 pm »
Damn. Damn. Sucks to be them. Then why the fuck even bother?

No. No. Yes. No.

😐 🎶