Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455864 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2700 on: April 15, 2014, 01:49:11 pm »
Fair enough.  I don't go to venues for their beer selection and I have never had issues with security at any venue.  I also didn't mind the feel of the place.  I wouldn't rank it in my top venues for this general area, but I dig it.

Why does the security staff suck to you?  Did you experience something?  Heard secondhand stories? 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2701 on: April 15, 2014, 01:52:37 pm »
there is definitely a corporate feel when you go upstairs, cause you will pay extra to have those seats.
(_|_)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2702 on: April 15, 2014, 02:23:46 pm »
Fair enough.  I don't go to venues for their beer selection and I have never had issues with security at any venue.  I also didn't mind the feel of the place.  I wouldn't rank it in my top venues for this general area, but I dig it.

Why does the security staff suck to you?  Did you experience something?  Heard secondhand stories? 

The Security team at 9:30 is pretty transparent unless there's a problem, at which point they're quick to act.  Security at Fillmore is instrusive in a "show of force" kind of way, even if nothing has happened.

I also object to the Fillmore's practice of scanning your driver's license on the way in.  Not sure why they need to do that, what they do with that data or how long they keep it.

Yada

« Reply #2703 on: April 15, 2014, 02:24:55 pm »

Actually, the security is much more lax there than the 930 club in my experience.

I've sat in the VIP area twice (thanks to overzealous scalpers) and that's about the best way to see a show there. I saw two shows there and sat in VIP for under $20.

My biggest pet peeve with the place is the terrible bands they book.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2704 on: April 15, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »
they don't scan driver's licenses anymore
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #2705 on: April 15, 2014, 02:45:40 pm »
You don't like the Fillmore?  I don't get the Fillmore hate.  I thought it was a wonderful venue and had a great time the couple of times that I went there.  Great sound, cool look to the interior, and clean bathrooms, plenty of room, nice location for free parking, safe neighborhood...
Not a fan of the owners' business practices.

Plus the idea of a chain concert venue is offensive to me.

احمد

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2706 on: April 15, 2014, 02:46:36 pm »
My biggest pet peeve with the place is the terrible bands they book.

This.

emmanuel

« Reply #2707 on: April 15, 2014, 02:50:30 pm »
Well last year 9:30 gave me lot of trouble with my German IDs, even if the show was "all age", and even when I told them to just ignore the IDs because I didn't want to drink anyway. That still feels a bit surrealistic, and DC was the first time I ever had to show my German IDs!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:02:26 pm by emmanuel »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2708 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:17 pm »
So, if Seth were to open venues in multiple cities up and down the East Coast, that'd be distasteful to you?

SSFillmore rarely gets shows I'm interested in, but when I have went, it didn't seem any worse than any other venue. No issue with staff there whatsoever.
LVMH

« Reply #2709 on: April 15, 2014, 02:54:21 pm »
I also object to the Fillmore's practice of scanning your driver's license on the way in.  Not sure why they need to do that, what they do with that data or how long they keep it.
Several Richmond venues (on the night club side) do this. It confirms authentication of ID, lets staff know if you've been ejected before, if its your first time there, etc.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #2710 on: April 15, 2014, 03:12:26 pm »
If he tried to recreate the 930, I wouldn't be too crazy about it.
"930 Club Miami" sounds pretty ridiculous as does "Fillmore Silver Spring."

So, if Seth were to open venues in multiple cities up and down the East Coast, that'd be distasteful to you?

SSFillmore rarely gets shows I'm interested in, but when I have went, it didn't seem any worse than any other venue. No issue with staff there whatsoever.
احمد

« Reply #2711 on: April 15, 2014, 03:14:03 pm »
If he tried to recreate the 930, I wouldn't be too crazy about it.
"930 Club Miami" sounds pretty ridiculous as does "Fillmore Silver Spring."

Ok, fair enough.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2712 on: April 15, 2014, 03:18:11 pm »
Well last year 9:30 gave me lot of trouble with my German IDs, even if the show was "all age", and even when I told them to just ignore the IDs because I didn't want to drink anyway. That still feels a bit surrealistic, and DC was the first time I ever had to show my German IDs!!

The last time I got into a fist fight was with the old 930 club security personnel.  This was in the mid 80's so I am sure they have new people working there now.

ggw

« Reply #2713 on: April 15, 2014, 03:25:14 pm »
The jarheads at the Bayou were the worst.

shemptiness

« Reply #2714 on: April 15, 2014, 03:55:34 pm »
I've never started a sentence with the words 'The last time I got into a fist fight'.