Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443780 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #4695 on: September 10, 2021, 08:10:05 pm »
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #4696 on: September 10, 2021, 08:23:27 pm »
I do not count that as reopening

Sorry

« Reply #4697 on: September 10, 2021, 08:25:48 pm »
And Seth very much so got on here all the time and told us the sky would fall and concerts would become astronomically high if FSS opened and there was more competition in the area. You’re parroting this line. 

i realize you're quick to dismiss everything seth says out of hand, but basic market theory is undeniable.  just because you don't like the speaker doesn't mean you can ignore supply and demand.

And the reality is, that was ass. DC was consistently much higher than other comparable markets for tickets 15 years ago and now: not so much. A DC show (especially ones at The Clib) much more look comparable to other markets now. Prices did not inflate in DC any quicker than they inflated in Philly just because now IMP had to bid vs someone else. The market doesn’t contain that sort of elasticity.

there is a pandora's box of variable that contribute to the historical trends of concert tickets (a highly localized product).  pointing to a single variable and saying it proves why the price of a ticket here is (or isn't) comparable to the price of a ticket somewhere else isn't insightful. you look at philly and see that trend, i look at NYC and i don't see it.
Im going to reply to this when I’m in front of a real keyboard and not on a phone. You’re very much being dishonest about what I’m saying and you don’t understand the natural financial constraints to supply and demand, bro. Now if you’ll excuse me, boarder favorites Julian Baker and Lucy Dacus gotta rock Richmond.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #4698 on: September 10, 2021, 08:33:11 pm »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4701 on: October 06, 2021, 01:52:29 pm »
Brooklyn Steel is 1800 capacity so if you think you can move 36,000 tickets that is impressive

These shows will sell out on the first day of onsale. Now accepting wagers.

presale tix sold out immediately.  these are the most rabid fans so you'd expect even higher demand than for the public onsale, but it certainly bodes well for my prediction.  apparently three of the shows are exclusive AMEX cardholder-only shows, all tickets were available this morning, and all sold out.  sounds like a sizeable portion of the tix went on sale today.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #4702 on: October 06, 2021, 01:54:32 pm »
Talk about corporate sellout…. That’s a bit gross for me….shows specifically for AMEX holders? Might make for some great preshow banter

« Reply #4703 on: October 06, 2021, 03:10:59 pm »
Talk about corporate sellout…. That’s a bit gross for me….shows specifically for AMEX holders? Might make for some great preshow banter
Calculating the Marriott Bonvoy points you have accumulated with the ticket purchase while listening to Losing My Edge is classic losing of one's edge.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4704 on: October 06, 2021, 04:37:44 pm »
Calculating the Marriott Bonvoy points you have accumulated with the ticket purchase while listening to Losing My Edge is classic losing of one's edge.

As a platinum member, I completely relate and totally object.

« Reply #4705 on: October 06, 2021, 06:56:14 pm »

As Titanium, please don’t you dare make eye contact with me.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4706 on: October 06, 2021, 07:33:39 pm »

platinum  >> titanium... whatcha talkin' about, plebe?
<sig>

« Reply #4707 on: October 06, 2021, 07:55:08 pm »

platinum  >> titanium... whatcha talkin' about, plebe?
Titanium and Titanium Ambassador are the highest publicly accessible levels in Bonvoy. Only surpassed by Cobalt (which requires CEO approval) and 5-Star which requires Mr Marriott himself signing off.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #4708 on: October 06, 2021, 09:50:16 pm »
What about my Cracker Barrel Large Gut Club Card.  I got points, baby.

« Reply #4709 on: October 06, 2021, 09:51:44 pm »
Isn’t there a thread for this
slack