Author Topic: Obamacare...  (Read 12199 times)

walkonby

Re: Obamacare...
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 02:02:29 pm »
I'm all for universal healthcare as long as we exclude smokers, alcohol and drug abusers, fatties who are more than 30 pounds overweight, and child abusers from getting it.

then there goes the psychology/psychiatric field right out the window.  they have the whole world hooked on drugs they don't need.  and i'm sure you are overweight; you're white, you have no choice.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:21 pm »
... and we all know he drinks beer!

James Ford

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 02:46:20 pm »
Haha. I run 34 miles a week when I'm not training for a marathon. That means I can drink all the half-beers I want to and not get fat.  ;D

wml7

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 02:54:37 pm »
Haha. I run 34 miles a week when I'm not training for a marathon. That means I can drink all the half-beers I want to and not get fat.  ;D

;D

hutch

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 03:10:26 pm »
when someone refers to health care reform as "Obamacare" you know right then and there they are not serious and have no interest in engaging in a substantial conversation..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 03:19:53 pm »
when someone refers to health care reform as "Obamacare" you know right then and there they are not serious and have no interest in engaging in a substantial conversation..

+1.

right up there with the folks who insist on calling him Barack HUSSEIN Obama, with emphasis on his middle name as if it means something.
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 07:11:24 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 09:29:04 pm »
awesome - mr. gallagher and i agree on something, this thread has turned out alright after all!  and i learned that frank is incredibly introspective, self-aware and open to self-criticism.  ain't life just grand?
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 04:06:32 am »
No, it's your fellow insurance premium payers paying higher rates to support for your crippled ass.

It is not the governments business to protect me from myself or save me from poor financial decision i may make.

I have insurance.  I pay for the plan I choose to have and get the coverage I have paid for.  I pay the co-pays and deductibles that are my responsibility.  None of that has an impact on any one else.  Everyone has the right to make the same choice.  If someone chooses not to buy insurance then it is not the "gummints" job to force me to cover them.  Far too many folks are foolish enough to think that just because the "gummint" provides something that it means it is free.  TANSTAAFL.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 04:17:29 am »
It is not the governments business to protect me from myself or save me from poor financial decision i may make.

completely agreed - but health care costs are out of the control of any single person.  it is the government's job to provide social services, especially ones where the private sector is failing. 

you can think within the system, "this is how things work - a family of four should budget thousands per year for health care.  deal with it".  or you can take a step back and ask yourself, "why should anyone have to pay that much for something so necessary, within a system that is so broken?"

my opinions are colored by the fact that i believe that health care is a basic right, not a privilege.  you should contribute towards its cost but those costs should not be allowed to run out of control to the point where health care is unattainable.   

"obamacare" does run the risk of being ineffective due to a convervative government coming in and slashing funding

good point.  makes for great politicking - kill the opposition's plan through lack of funding, then point out what a failure their plan was.  brilliant!

The whole problem starts with the fact that health care in the country is (for most people) tied to where they work.  The FIRST thing we need to do is make it so that employers CANNOT be your source of health care at all period.  I don't get my auto insurance or my homeowners through my employer, why heath insurance?  Makes ZERO sense.  I am not saying that employers cannot provide a benefit of assisting in paying your premium, I am saying they ought not be allowed to be the provider.  It you think about it you will comprehend the sound logic behind it.

As far as health care being a right, I do not agree on that as a carte blanche statement.  We all have decision to make as to where we spend our money.  If someone chooses to buy (what to me are) far less important things than insurance, well that is their choice and they assume the risk.  I am not the one who should assume that risk for you.  The debate that "I can't afford insurance" really means "I choose to make other purchases instead of insurance". 

My insurance for my family of four is $180 a month.  That is less than my Comcast bill.  The company we have insurance with has four plans.  We took the 3rd of four price-wise and pay the related copays etc.  We budget for it and it is money well spent.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 04:18:47 am »
No, it's your fellow insurance premium payers paying higher rates to support for your crippled ass.

So who the hell do you think is paying for the uninsured in the gummits health care system?  Oh yeah thats right the easter bunny... 
FUKIT

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 09:06:23 pm »
"Nurse Kitty needs to draw some blood. This shouldn't hurt too much. Just don't fight back"

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 09:48:19 am »
I misread the thread title.  I thought it said "Obamacore," which I figured was just some new East African sub-genre of technically polished but ultimately feckless pop pablum.
lulz
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 10:38:26 am »
I misread the thread title.  I thought it said "Obamacore," which I figured was just some new East African sub-genre of technically polished but ultimately feckless pop pablum.

OBAMACORE

(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 10:46:18 am »

OBAMACORE

Caption contest.
Obama - "yo whitey...who the fuck are you again?"
Bruce - "I paid for your election victory"
Obama - "say wa mofo?"