Author Topic: Stone Roses reunion rumors surface again  (Read 23193 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Stone Roses reunion rumors surface again
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25:35 am »
I saw Catherine Wheel years ago at Slims. It wasnt at the height of their career - but mid/late 90s. I cant imagine a lot of these bands coming back here and playing bigger venues which is a bit sad. Then again - Chapterhouse played The Bell House and that was packed!

Guess its wishful thinking. Itd be awesome tho if Neds came around.

And I *love* Leisure. That is a brilliant album. Its actually my 2nd favorite tho behind MLIR.

I honestly don't think there's enough Inspirals geeks like me to get them over here, which is sad because they were such a great band. They've done shows in Europe to moderate success though. Ned's, on the other hand, did well over here. They SHOULD tour. But none really had the buzz/hype that the Stone Roses did, although just a few years later Oasis was hyped the most, which I never quite understood. the Manchester dance stuff was infinitely more interesting to me, even though I dug the first couple Oasis LPs. And I know this is the most bizarre statement, but "Leisure" by Blur is still my favorite record of theirs. It's like saying "Pablo Honey" is your favorite Radiohead LP.
HeyLa

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 11:47:04 am »
I saw Catherine Wheel as a support band years ago. I thought they were shit even though I had bought and enjoyed an album of there's prior.

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 12:18:25 pm »
I actually broke out Ned's Are You Normal a couple of weeks ago and was really enjoying it.  I saw them on that last U.S. tour back in May 1995.  I would love another U.S. tour and while we are at it, a Scream Screamadelica show in the U.S. would be nice.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 12:38:15 pm »
Mani pisses in the punch bowl:

http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/55977

hutch

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 01:58:01 pm »
I never thought this would happen.. when you see a British tabloid say this you know they're just making it up.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 02:07:45 pm »
If it was an American tabloid wolfboy would be joining them on tour.  ;D

The Sun was actually correct in their story, Mani put the kaibosh (sp?) on it.

hmmmmm. maybe wolfboy can take Mani's place?

hutch

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 02:15:56 pm »
If it was an American tabloid wolfboy would be joining them on tour.  ;D

The Sun was actually correct in their story, Mani put the kaibosh (sp?) on it.

hmmmmm. maybe wolfboy can take Mani's place?

Gallagher, pardon me for being blunt but as usual you are full of shit.

The sun story read:

THE STONE ROSES are getting back together after IAN BROWN and JOHN SQUIRE buried the hatchet on one of the most bitter feuds in rock 'n' roll history.

The former best pals hadn't spoken for the best part of 15 years after falling out in a war of words when the band imploded back in 1996.

But, last month the pair established contact again and a megabucks reunion is now being lined up to happen later in the year.

-------------

How the fuck was that correct?

Oh, nevermind dude, keep on making shit up.

Relaxer

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 03:05:41 pm »
Mani is a great bassist and a major part of what made the Roses great, but they could easily pull off a reunion without him. All they need is Ian and John, even Renni is optional (though his absence would cause more consternation than Mani's).
oword

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 03:09:01 pm »
Mani is a great bassist and a major part of what made the Roses great, but they could easily pull off a reunion without him. All they need is Ian and John, even Renni is optional (though his absence would cause more consternation than Mani's).

BINGO!!!!!!

Ian Brown controls the reunion....they don't need Mani, bass players are ten a penny.
No Ian Brown - no Stone Roses
No Mani - Whatever.....

hutch

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 03:13:30 pm »
actually, my friend who was with me at the stone roses show at WUST (before it became 930) was convinced mani messed up the bass line to his favorite song... he was real bummed about it and i don't think he was wrong cause he knew his stone roses stuff...

i hardly recall anything bout that show (pre digital camera etc.)... i know it started EARLY and we missed a few songs..

Mobius

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 05:30:43 pm »

Is this a joke?

Relaxer

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »
Yeah, ha ha

HA HA HA
oword

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 07:26:59 pm »

Didn't they have their own version of Bez?  A guy who didn't play an instrument but was there for "vibes?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPdUKy7_aqM

Brian

slappy

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 02:26:23 pm »
And I know this is the most bizarre statement, but "Leisure" by Blur is still my favorite record of theirs. It's like saying "Pablo Honey" is your favorite Radiohead LP.
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=140&p=10060&album_aaamp_e_blur_leisure&more=1&c=1

hutch

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 09:44:39 am »
stone roses reforming