Author Topic: Neil Young @ the Hippodrome  (Read 3540 times)

James Ford

Re: Neil Young @ the Hippodrome
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 04:10:53 pm »
My three year old was lecturing me about evil rich white men who control the world last night. That's the example she used.

A minimum wage worker would have to work a full eight hour shift to gross enough money to pay for that $57 ticket.
you sure are good at math

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 04:25:53 pm »
Hah.  Yes.  I try hard as well to instill  respect of the proletariat into my kids...as well as a healthy dose of distrust to ANYONE that wants $$ from you.

My daughter is always saying "They're just trying to get your money."

My three year old was lecturing me about evil rich white men who control the world last night. That's the example she used.

A minimum wage worker would have to work a full eight hour shift to gross enough money to pay for that $57 ticket.
you sure are good at math

ggw

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 04:27:02 pm »

Doctor Doom is your daughter?!?!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 04:31:56 pm »

Doctor Doom is your daughter?!?!

nice one

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »
Went to last night's show. I loved it. I've never seen Neil Young live, but he exceeded my expectations. His voice and playing have held up remarkably well over the years. Highlights for me were I Believe in You, Peaceful Valley Blvd, and Ohio. Great show, douchey crowd.

I'm from Baltimore and had never been to the Hippodrome before. Great venue.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 08:59:14 pm »
I was there last night in the "cheap seats".  If you know anything about Neil Young live, you know that he could care less about what the audience wants.  He plays what he wants and tough shit if you don't like it.  He barely interacts with the crowd.  That being said, I thought the show was pretty good.  I wasn't that familiar with the new songs from the new album, but that's my fault.  He has been playing same set list every show - no changes.  He played for about 1:45.

James Ford

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 09:37:38 pm »
Sounds like he was 10 times douchier than the crowd.

I was there last night in the "cheap seats".  If you know anything about Neil Young live, you know that he could care less about what the audience wants.  He plays what he wants and tough shit if you don't like it.  He barely interacts with the crowd.  That being said, I thought the show was pretty good.  I wasn't that familiar with the new songs from the new album, but that's my fault.  He has been playing same set list every show - no changes.  He played for about 1:45.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 09:59:07 pm »
True, but about 100 time less douchey than B. Wallace.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:01:22 pm by jeffml »

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 09:14:59 pm »
This is kind of cool.

I can imagine Neil Young touring with Thou as the opener.
احمد