Author Topic: Bring the Black Market to Your Fingertips  (Read 15684 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Bring the Black Market to Your Fingertips
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 03:58:11 pm »
😐 🎶

Relaxer

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 04:32:50 pm »
Well, a weed decriminalization bill just passed Connecticut so who cares about a bunch of wooden-clog-wearing amstel drinkers?

Besides, probably around 80% of those coffee shops' revenues are probably coming from foreigners.
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 06:24:41 pm »
So, anybody wanna throw in on a few grams of mescaline?

I kid.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 06:42:26 pm »
Maryland just passed some sort of Medical Marijuana thing but I don't know the details. Sure would help though if they allowed for the safe and legal sale of the stuff!

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 01:59:52 pm »
Has anyone else messed with the tor network/hidden internet? Probably something I have no business looking through but it's fascinating. And what I've seen is supposedly barely scratching the surface. I've read of  organ markets, assassination markets, people looking to sell radioactive material and a plethora of classified government documents buried in there.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:49:38 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 05:30:40 pm »
How many of those markets are actually ongoing stings for people dumb enough to use the internet for such things?   
_\|/_

Jaguar

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 09:06:07 pm »
Has anyone else messed with the tor network/hidden internet? Probably something I have no business looking through but it's fascinating. And what I've seen is supposedly barely scratching the surface. I've read of  organ markets, assassination markets, people looking to sell radioactive material and a plethora of classified government documents buried in there.

I've heard of it and even a good explanation of how it works but it was all a little more than I knew how to reach. Sounded like a bit torrent internet provider but didn't have a clue how to hook up with it. One of those things that I wasn't interested in using at the time but wanted to store in the back of my head if the need ever arose.

Never heard about it being used for black market items and services but the way some people are, it doesn't surprise me. What I heard was that the guy who started Wikileaks (not Julian Asange but some other guy) was using it, I guess with Julian and others, to share information. In fact, this was the guy who was explaining the system. What appealed to me most was that it's an ideal means to communicate if they decide to throw the kill switch for the internet at some point. In fact, if I recall correctly, this was the means of how information was getting out of Egypt when the shit hit the fan there. Freedom of information!

azaghal1981

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 01:16:39 am »
Yeah; Wikileaks has a bunch of mirrors on there. I have not heard about people in Egypt using it to communicate during the revolution but that does make sense. Once you are on it, you are rerouted through other IP addresses so that you become untraceable. My first post in this thread, for instance, shows some address from Germany as my IP. The rerouting process does slow your connection down considerably, though.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:23:04 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 07:42:00 am »
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says his life has a single, simple purpose: ?I like crushing bastards.? That sentiment sounds noble, until you find out just how flexible his definition of ?bastards? is.

?All of us came across material which was clearly likely to lead to the death of innocent civilians if we published it,? recalls a journalist who worked with Assange on the release of 90,000 secret U.S. military documents on the war in Afghanistan. ?All of us had the experience of bringing this to his attention and being told by him, in effect, if an Afghan civilian helps coalition forces, he deserves to die.?
_\|/_

azaghal1981

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 02:23:43 am »

I've heard of it and even a good explanation of how it works but it was all a little more than I knew how to reach. Sounded like a bit torrent internet provider but didn't have a clue how to hook up with it. One of those things that I wasn't interested in using at the time but wanted to store in the back of my head if the need ever arose.

Never heard about it being used for black market items and services but the way some people are, it doesn't surprise me. What I heard was that the guy who started Wikileaks (not Julian Asange but some other guy) was using it, I guess with Julian and others, to share information. In fact, this was the guy who was explaining the system. What appealed to me most was that it's an ideal means to communicate if they decide to throw the kill switch for the internet at some point. In fact, if I recall correctly, this was the means of how information was getting out of Egypt when the shit hit the fan there. Freedom of information!

This will probably strike your fancy.

It is a lecture from the Tor developers on how it has been/is being censored in China, Tunisia, Egypt, Syria, etc. It is a bit long and some of the technical stuff they get into is a little over my head but still worth watching.
احمد

Jaguar

Space Freely

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2019, 01:36:17 pm »
Ah, nothing beats making posts about drugs on an internet chatboard  at 5:50am on a Monday morning, no?

I may have you beat...I was up at 4:49am this morning, unable to get a full night of sleep for a second straight night. I blame it on the steriods I'm on to clear up the poison ivy. Should make my mid-morning lunchbreak run a breeze.

Poison ivy is the fucking worst. I wonder if I need to get some steroids to clear it up like this guy did.

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2020, 09:04:23 am »
Holy shit! When that article was published, bitcoins were worth $7-8 each. Now they are at $16-17.
and now they are $23,000 each!
slack

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2020, 10:27:04 am »
now PayPal will allow you to dabble in crypto....could start normalizing this crazy 'currency'
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/paypal-gains-on-plan-to-allow-bitcoin-purchases-on-platform

actually, this article was from Oct 21st (when bitcoin was at $12k)

in related news...look who the biggest US banks are!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:31:05 am by Solorigate-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2020, 09:55:02 am »
JFC bitcoins were 12k only 2 months ago?

Not buying a few back when they were hundreds of dollars is gonna be a lifelong regret on my end.