Author Topic: I found the rude boys  (Read 1674 times)

vansmack

I found the rude boys
« on: June 08, 2005, 01:56:00 pm »
Brothers, 10 and 12, given Asbos

A 10-year-old boy has become one of the youngest in Britain to be given an anti-social behaviour order (Asbo).

Calvin Hooper and his brother Kyle, 12, from Newport, south Wales, have been placed under Asbos for five years by magistrates in nearby Caerphilly.

Both are banned from swearing, making rude gestures, damaging property, starting fires and throwing missiles.

Forty-four incidents were recorded in 14 months, including breaking windows and shooting at people with an air gun.

In a 14-month period leading up to January 2005 the boys also threw bottles and eggs at people near their home in Broadmead Park.

"It was varying and different incidents of anti-social behaviour, such as lighting fires, throwing stones" Pc Sally Jackson  

The brothers did not attend the case, which was brought by the Newport Community Safety Partnership, at Caerphilly magistrates' court.

As part of the conditions of the Asbos, the boys are banned from mixing with certain individuals and also gives a night-time house curfew.

Pc Sally Jackson said: "It was varying and different incidents of anti social behaviour, such as lighting fires, throwing stones and low level criminal activity," she said.

"And also such offences including shoplifting and criminal damage."

Peace and quiet

Local councillor Alan Morris said: "There are two issues here. The first is sadness that it has actually come to this - that two lads so young should be presented with such a serious Asbo.

"But secondly it sends the right message out to the community, that if enough people come forward and give evidence about the people who are making their lives a misery something can be done.

"The message has to go out to the other people misbehaving that you're not going to get away with it.

"It means to the rest of the people on the estate, that there is hope that they can live in peace and quiet and dignity," he said.

"Everybody has an absolute right to live in their own homes feeling safe and secure.

"It shouldn't be for other people outside their home to affect them.

"The message has to be sent out that the tide has turned - if you are causing a problem it is you that needs to worry and not the people you are causing a problem to," he added.

The Home Office said Asbos could only be issued to people who have reached the age of 10, which is the age of criminal responsibility.
27>34

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: I found the rude boys
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 03:14:00 pm »
hahaha!
 i usually, actually, think more along the lines of skanking ska guys when i hear that song...

eltee

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:33:00 pm »
So they finally found the chaps that bothered Hoya, eh?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:
  So they finally found the chaps that bothered Hoya, eh?
HAH!  well done
(o|o)