Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 439616 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #765 on: June 07, 2013, 11:54:38 am »
I meant fire the manager, but yeah what the hell...fire the whole team, all of them. Break up the F-ing Nationals!

All of them?
I was talking about all 70 year olds calling themselves Davey.

I agree though. Fire them all. 10-1? Seriously? This team isn't going to win anything ever again. Last year was the high water mark. *waits for 60 game winning streak*
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #766 on: June 08, 2013, 07:31:47 pm »
Like a pitcher having to go see Lewis Yocum, Bryce Harper having to go see Dr. James Andrews is not a good thing for baseball.
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #767 on: June 08, 2013, 10:36:25 pm »
yeah, probably doesnt bode well

bryce coming back so soon after that crash was absurd. its baffling that the nats did what they did with strasburg last year but they did nothing to keep bryce out of the lineup after he ran full speed into the fucking wall, days after jumping into another wall. he should have sat a few days after the first collision, and been dl'd after the second. i know he hit those two huge home runs after coming back, but other than that he was clearly not right

plus letting espinosa play all year with a broken wrist and torn rotator cuff? even still its like theyre expecting that shit to just heal on its own

this team is just a mess all over

James Ford

« Reply #768 on: June 08, 2013, 11:52:41 pm »
fire the manager

shemptiness

« Reply #769 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:02 am »
If he's healthy (and I don't mean he passes his physical, but avoids the DL next season) he's a steal at $13m, and the Angels offered Haren a one-year deal with an option for a second last week, but he turned it down.  The money was apparently nowhere close to the Nationals' $13 million offered him, but if the team that knows him best was giving him an offer, that's a pretty good sign for your team.

In retrospect $13M doesn't seem like such a steal right now.  And I haven't heard any whispers about any injuries.

eros

« Reply #770 on: June 12, 2013, 12:49:14 pm »
yeah, probably doesnt bode well

bryce coming back so soon after that crash was absurd. its baffling that the nats did what they did with strasburg last year but they did nothing to keep bryce out of the lineup after he ran full speed into the fucking wall, days after jumping into another wall. he should have sat a few days after the first collision, and been dl'd after the second. i know he hit those two huge home runs after coming back, but other than that he was clearly not right

plus letting espinosa play all year with a broken wrist and torn rotator cuff? even still its like theyre expecting that shit to just heal on its own

this team is just a mess all over

It almost looks like Davey and Rizzo have been taking advice from Shanahan.
ʎɐʍou

James Ford

« Reply #771 on: June 12, 2013, 12:58:15 pm »
fire the manager

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #772 on: June 12, 2013, 01:16:25 pm »
If he's healthy (and I don't mean he passes his physical, but avoids the DL next season) he's a steal at $13m, and the Angels offered Haren a one-year deal with an option for a second last week, but he turned it down.  The money was apparently nowhere close to the Nationals' $13 million offered him, but if the team that knows him best was giving him an offer, that's a pretty good sign for your team.

In retrospect $13M doesn't seem like such a steal right now.  And I haven't heard any whispers about any injuries.
His last 3 or 4 starts start off good and then he just falls apart. Reminds me of some of EJax games last year when he would go 5, 6 innings and then just explode in the last one. So weird.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #773 on: June 12, 2013, 01:20:55 pm »
They should use Haren as a pinch hitter the way they used Jackson as a pinch runner.

stevewizzle

« Reply #774 on: June 12, 2013, 05:20:17 pm »
now we're talkin'

vansmack

« Reply #775 on: June 12, 2013, 06:31:06 pm »

Yeah, I posted somewhere in here that letting Haren go was the one correct thing Anaheim did this off season.

Sure, Blanton has been god awful, but he's half the price and his second half splits are encouraging.  With any luck the team could finish at .500 this season!

Haren was a strange case. He was so good at eating innings and keeping the team in ball games when they needed it, and then he'd have the occasional lights out game where he was dominant.  Then he got hurt for the first time in his career and has never been the same since.  Shame really.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #776 on: June 13, 2013, 10:46:41 am »
Good to see the bats wake up....a  little bit... When they were up 1-0 I was convinced they'd blow it. I can't say enough about Ian Desmond. That's my mans right there.
‼‼?‼‼

eros

« Reply #777 on: June 13, 2013, 11:29:02 am »
There should be a rule in baseball that everyone has to have a pitching motion like Ross Ohlendorf.

Old school
ʎɐʍou

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #778 on: June 13, 2013, 11:38:06 am »
Hahaha! Watching that last night was kind of mind boggling. It would have been real stupid if he didn't have the game he had. Wish I could watch the game today. Will have to follow on the live.....game day thing on their site.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #779 on: June 13, 2013, 11:44:43 am »
There should be a rule in baseball that everyone has to have a pitching motion like Ross Ohlendorf.

Old school

Yep.  Awesome.
27>34