Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440590 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2012, 09:16:01 am »
That's a clown question bro.

Those shoes were inappropriate for a rookie in his first all star game. Respect the game and it will respect you back.
One of the players in the home run derby was wearing the same gold cleets as well.... Is it just because he was a rookie that it's disrespectful?
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2012, 09:53:22 am »

Those shoes were inappropriate for a rookie in his first all star game. Respect the game and it will respect you back.

"don't tag up and run hard on a long fly ball, respect the game!"

"don't wear gold cleats in an exhibition* game, respect the game!"

i guess this is the price you pay to be a superstar, a never-ending list of critiques.

stevewizzle

« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2012, 09:59:14 am »
worth noting: very cool that la russa (who normally i can't stand) went gio then stras behind cain. 

imbecile

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2012, 10:04:47 am »

"don't tag up and run hard on a long fly ball, respect the game!"

"don't wear gold cleats in an exhibition* game, respect the game!"

i guess this is the price you pay to be a superstar, a never-ending list of critiques.

Seriously.  I thought the shoes were ugly, but hey, he's free to wear them if he wants. 

Are those stupid Phiten necklaces that every baseball player seems to wear inappropriate?  What about giant gold chains? The armor that half the players march to plate wearing?  I think it's all looks like crap, but it's certainly not disrespectful to the game of baseball, it's just personal preference.

As for tagging up with an 8-0 lead.. whatever.  Do you honestly think that the American League lineup that was at the game is incapable of scoring 9 runs over a 5 inning span and winning?  That game was for home-field advantage in the world series.  On top of that, the one thing people generally agree to like about Bryce Harper is that he's an intense competitor and doesn't take any plays off; now you're going to fault him for it. 

Get over yourselves.  Call him a douche for his ugly shoes and make fun of him for his poor choice in cars and the fact that he lives in Pentagon City and shops in Georgetown when he's bored (yeah, I read the post article about him being "normal"), but your really stretching if you have an issue with him playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

James Ford

« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2012, 11:18:15 am »
I think the point is that you earn the right to wear ugly shoes and look like a douchebag.

Harper didn't even earn a spot on the all-star team, at least not with his play. Pay your dues, then you get to wear your douchey shoes.

shemptiness

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2012, 11:26:13 am »
There's no denying he's super-talented and has unlimited potential.  I just think he acts like a jerk too much.  And the 'he's a 19-year old kid' excuse doesn't cut it. 

His favorite teams are the Yankees and the Cowboys.  Just sayin'.   

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:02 am »
Somehow I doubt Bryce Harper is worried about paying his dues to internet baseball experts.  The only people he needs to impress are his peers and his bosses.  And I've not heard one single negative word from any players or managers regarding any of this stuff everyone gets all huffy about.

Since he got called up he's said and done all the right things.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:34:03 am by chaz »

James Ford

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2012, 11:33:28 am »
Five errors in 63 games. He needs to work on fielding.

Somehow I doubt Bryce Harper is worried about paying his dues to internet baseball experts.  The only people he needs to impress are his peers and his bosses.  And I've not heard one single negative word from any players or managers regarding any of this stuff everyone gets all huffy about.

chaz

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2012, 11:35:54 am »
Five errors in 63 games. He needs to work on fielding.

No shit...but obviously I'm referring to your expert opinion on his blatant disrespect to the institution of baseball.

chaz

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2012, 11:42:49 am »
That missed fly ball is left last night was cringe worthy.

imbecile

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2012, 11:51:58 am »
That missed fly ball is left last night was cringe worthy.

It was.  I saw that vacant look come over his face when he was looking up and knew the shit was about to hit the fan.

How on earth was that ruled a single is what I want to know.  I'm not a professional paid by MLB to determine what is and isn't an error, but based on what I do know, I thought for sure that'd qualify.  Anyone have any insight?

shemptiness

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2012, 12:00:06 pm »

stevewizzle

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »
Looks like the Nats are winning home field advantage for the Wolrd Series.

Announcer (same one who referred to Jered Weaver and "Jeff" Weaver): There's a rumor that they're going to shut down Strasburg after 165 innings.

Other Announcer: It's more than a rumor. GM Rizzo has been adament about it.

First Announcer: Well if that's true, and they haven't told Strasburg, then that's just odd.

Where did they get this idiot announcer?
Stras was on 106.7 The Fan on Monday and they asked him about the inning restriction and he said that they have not talked to him about it. Also, Davey and Rizzo have both said "No one has said 160 innings". From what I understand, that's where Zimmerman was shut down last year, so I think the media has run with that. For the skipper AND the GM to say that that hasn't been said AND the pitcher I feel like.......the media is taking this number and throwing it out there based on what happened last year in almost the same situation...

Tim Mccarver, the announcer in question, is an absolute joke. Debating things he says at this point is not worth any of our time.  I use to hate Joe Buck as well, but given who he has to work with... I'm actually impressed how well he handles stupidity on-air.

The media has overlooked the fact that the inning limit, if it actually plays out, will result in all of 5 games lost where Strasburg pitches.  Given the deep rotation the Nats have... what do you think that results in?  A total net loss of one win? 

chaz

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2012, 12:25:58 pm »
Looks like the Nats are winning home field advantage for the Wolrd Series.

Announcer (same one who referred to Jered Weaver and "Jeff" Weaver): There's a rumor that they're going to shut down Strasburg after 165 innings.

Other Announcer: It's more than a rumor. GM Rizzo has been adament about it.

First Announcer: Well if that's true, and they haven't told Strasburg, then that's just odd.

Where did they get this idiot announcer?
Stras was on 106.7 The Fan on Monday and they asked him about the inning restriction and he said that they have not talked to him about it. Also, Davey and Rizzo have both said "No one has said 160 innings". From what I understand, that's where Zimmerman was shut down last year, so I think the media has run with that. For the skipper AND the GM to say that that hasn't been said AND the pitcher I feel like.......the media is taking this number and throwing it out there based on what happened last year in almost the same situation...

Tim Mccarver, the announcer in question, is an absolute joke. Debating things he says at this point is not worth any of our time.  I use to hate Joe Buck as well, but given who he has to work with... I'm actually impressed how well he handles stupidity on-air.

The media has overlooked the fact that the inning limit, if it actually plays out, will result in all of 5 games lost where Strasburg pitches.  Given the deep rotation the Nats have... what do you think that results in?  A total net loss of one win? 

Assuming they get there, it's his post season availability that is the issue, not the home stretch of the regular season. 

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2012, 12:36:25 pm »
bryce had a pretty poor game, but picking on his shoes as a sign of disrespect is a bit of a stretch.

baseball's a great game, but it could use more players with the kind of personality that reaches beyond the typical fan. i'd agree with anyone who says he didn't really deserve the all star nod, but hes already the kind of player who can do a lot for the sport. of course mlb will do whatever they can to get him on the national stage.

that said, the missed fly ball was pretty bad