Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440742 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2012, 02:17:51 pm »
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »
Game 3 1:07
Game 4 4:07 [5:07 if Tigers/A's win series in less than 5]
Game 5 8:37 [If necessary]

Didn't manage to get through to get tickets for the NLCS. Just got my fingers crossed they get that far...
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2012, 04:31:34 pm »
Game 3 1:07
Game 4 4:07 [5:07 if Tigers/A's win series in less than 5]
Game 5 8:37 [If necessary]

Didn't manage to get through to get tickets for the NLCS. Just got my fingers crossed they get that far...

Nice.  I made it through the waiting room right at 10 and found both games 1 and 2 already sold out, for tickets I was looking for ($90 or less).  Scored a pair for game 6 on maybe the top row of the section, ha. 

Like you though, I just hope they get through this round.  I think the cardinals have a slight edge in the pitching matchups for the next few and their right handed heavy lineup worries me with Detwiler not being as effective against righties.  That being said, Carpenter just came back, so hopefully we can shell him tomorrow and go on and wrap this thing up.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2012, 09:56:43 pm »
so fucking pumped for tomorrow.  secondary ticket market was in free-fall today, picked up some great tix tonight on stubhub.
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #394 on: October 10, 2012, 09:15:00 am »
Excited! I might take my lunch break during the 8th inning and run out to a bar around here and watch the end of the game. Gonna have to stare at my screen for updates because apparently my work computer can't run the online radio stream :\ sigh.

WOOO! GO NATS!!
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #395 on: October 10, 2012, 09:43:44 am »
eating lunch at 4pm is always awesome.

Excited! I might take my lunch break during the 8th inning and run out to a bar around here and watch the end of the game. Gonna have to stare at my screen for updates because apparently my work computer can't run the online radio stream :\ sigh.

WOOO! GO NATS!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #396 on: October 10, 2012, 09:55:52 am »
he didn't say he ate lunch, he said he took his lunch break.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #397 on: October 10, 2012, 09:58:33 am »
Yeah, we can eat in the office and still get our break. It depends on the score of the game. I also might just sit in my car and listen to the radio.

Anyone know if they'll be showing the game at the Fairgrounds during the game? I'd imagine so, yes? I know they had a viewing party for Game 2 on Sunday....

EDIT: have no idea how I slashed those letters...
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #398 on: October 10, 2012, 10:53:22 am »
I know, I was just giving him shit.
Sometimes I'll got for a run at 8am and shower in my gym at work and call that my lunch hour. Then eat while I'm doing my work later.

Damn, we have it soooo good. In my former life, I was a schoolteacher. Lunch consisted of me eating in the lunchroom with the kids for 30 minutes, and having to interrupt my lunch anytime there was an issue. And there was always an issue.

he didn't say he ate lunch, he said he took his lunch break.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #399 on: October 10, 2012, 02:05:18 pm »
Not looking good at all out at Nat's Park.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #400 on: October 10, 2012, 02:44:26 pm »
Following the weird in game thing on MLB.com looks like Edwin had a shaky first couple of innings.... Gettin real tired of us stranding runners on base...

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_10_10_slnmlb_wasmlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=was
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2012, 03:03:15 pm »
Can Jackson pinch run for the Nats in game 4?

Otherwise, like I said, $11 million seems kind of high for a guy who went 10-11 with a 4.03 ERA. That's almost the same as the top five Orioles starting pitchers combined.

"We're" paying him $11,000,000 for 2012. That's nearly $400,000 per start. I hope management expects more from him than you do. Oh wait, he can pinch run, guess that makes him worth every penny.

(
I am tempted to write: Edwin Jackson is a pitcher, based on what I've seen, that does not have the make up to be a big game/ playoff pitcher. Of course  could be wrong but I would not want to see him in a key playoff game.

Since I really haven't seen that much of him I hope for the best should the Nats get to a big game!

he's our #4 starter.  expectations for a #4 starter are usually along the lines of 'get us some innings, and keep us in the game'.  in that aspect, edwin has been phenomenal.  your putting top of the rotation expections on a guy that isn't a top of the rotation guy.

and his numbers are fantastic.  whip, k/bb, era+ are way above the league average for #4 starters. he's arguably the best #4 starter in the league.

stevewizzle

« Reply #402 on: October 10, 2012, 03:22:33 pm »
"We're" paying him $11,000,000 for 2012. That's nearly $400,000 per start. I hope management expects more from him than you do. Oh wait, he can pinch run, guess that makes him worth every penny.

(
I am tempted to write: Edwin Jackson is a pitcher, based on what I've seen, that does not have the make up to be a big game/ playoff pitcher. Of course  could be wrong but I would not want to see him in a key playoff game.

Since I really haven't seen that much of him I hope for the best should the Nats get to a big game!

he's our #4 starter.  expectations for a #4 starter are usually along the lines of 'get us some innings, and keep us in the game'.  in that aspect, edwin has been phenomenal.  your putting top of the rotation expections on a guy that isn't a top of the rotation guy.

and his numbers are fantastic.  whip, k/bb, era+ are way above the league average for #4 starters. he's arguably the best #4 starter in the league.

come on man, do you even follow baseball?  lets just name a few pitchers who are making comparable money, most in multi-year deals...

john lackey - $16M
brett myers - $11M
daisuke matsuzaka - $10M
ted lilly - $10M
carl pavano - $9M
derek lowe - $15M
randy wolf - $9.5M

want to swap out for any of those terrible contracts? a one year "rental" at $11M for a solid #4 does NOT warrant complaints. he was a post-season pitcher for the world series champions, doesn't miss starts, he's currently 8th in the NL w/ a .230 BAA, WHIP is 1.16, K/bb ratio is 2.84, he's having the 2nd best season of his career, and the little i've heard about him in the clubhouse is all positive.

so as far as managements expectations being higher than mine... i'm sure they are more than thrilled with the investment they made for their #4 starter.

blatantly trolling, James.

since you omitted the response which demonstrated your complete lack of understanding of what starting pitches get paid, the stipulations surrounding edwin's contract, the expectations for edwin, and other statistics slightly more solid than W/L and ERA (Zimmerman's win-loss records sucks, too), i decided to re-hash it.

that said... sucks to see such an early deficit. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #403 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:28 pm »
Smashing my face into my desk. Why do we keep stranding runners. Why do we only seem to get on base with 2 effing outs! We had the bases juiced. JUICED.
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #404 on: October 10, 2012, 04:23:05 pm »
Outscored 20-4 the last 2 games.  Ouch.  If only they had a reliable #1 ace they could have used in this series.......