Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440542 times)

James Ford

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #870 on: July 03, 2013, 08:02:12 am »
That.

Can I that my own this?

This.

A two game win streak and suddenly we don't have to break up the Nationals?

I bet they lose tonight. Strasburg is pitching. The offense won't put out.

the title of this thread is dumb. someone should change it.

stevewizzle

« Reply #871 on: July 03, 2013, 08:08:44 am »
-_-

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #872 on: July 03, 2013, 01:47:03 pm »
people say "who do they sit" .. well there are any number of players... they need some powerful bats in there... you can upgrade your players if you want to win..

maybe there are no bats out there to be had.. i don't know.but these guys just aren't enough...even with rendon..

can't win games when you're getting shut out... maybe everyone loves the nats hitters or something but unless i misheard they been shut out 9 times this year...

its a shame with these pitchers to be a 500 club...

they have too much pitching and not enough hitting...
Awesome pitching duel last night, Stras was on point, was a real shame to see Drew come in and really flub it up, but you can't win a game with no runs.... It was frustrating to see them strand runner after runner AGAIN.

9 shuts outs this year and we aren't to the All Star break. They had 9 all last year....

Ross back from the DL and on the mound tonight....fingers crossed we can put up 13 runs....
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #873 on: July 03, 2013, 10:32:35 pm »
well one run today.. improvement

;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #874 on: July 05, 2013, 02:55:11 pm »
How do they go from 13 to 10 to 0 to 1 to 8? So odd....
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #875 on: July 08, 2013, 01:17:47 pm »
Made it out to the game on Saturday, had tons of fun. Didn't stick around for the post-game concert, but it was good to see Jordan pitch again. Close game, Brewers were SHIT on defense. Hoping the Nats bats are waking up and it wasn't just poor play on the Brewers part...

Big series against the Phils! Last week we were 7 back and now we're back 4!
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #876 on: July 09, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »
I did not think hairston was a major move myself:

Nationals GM Mike Rizzo discussed his team's acquisition of Scott Hairston with reporters (including MASNsports.com's Dan Kolko) today.  Hairston was the Nats' top target for right-handed bench help and the club had been negotiating with the Cubs for a couple of weeks, with an eye towards getting the deal finalized before the Nationals' current series with the Phillies.  Rizzo liked that Hairston was contracted through 2014 so he can be an asset to Washington next season as well.
Rizzo also noted that the Nats could make another move before the trade deadline but it won't be anything major.  "You never stop trying to improve your club, but with that said, we feel like we like the club that we have and we're certainly playing better and we'll see where it takes us from here," Rizzo said. "I don't see any type of big splashy moves that are remaining."

vansmack

« Reply #877 on: July 09, 2013, 06:36:58 pm »
I did not think hairston was a major move myself:

Me neither.  Hairston was cheap insurance in case Harper can't go the distance.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #878 on: July 10, 2013, 11:32:47 am »
Was looking at the Nationals last couple of losses over the past couple of weeks, seems as if whenever they've lost over the past 2 or 3 weeks they've scored 2 runs or less. Gah. Desi shaving in between innings yesterday........superstitions, man.... Hopefully we can at least get the split.

I fucking hate Chase Utley and his stupid face.
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #879 on: July 14, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »
Just saw a highlight of Harper flipping his helmet off while running the bases.  Does he do this all the time?

I see a new rule in the future for mlb. 

Unless there already is a rule....?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:57:00 pm by Shemp »

stevewizzle

« Reply #880 on: July 14, 2013, 09:57:51 pm »
i've seen him do it a couple times.

helmet flips aren't that uncommon.  pete rose, manny ramirez, etc..

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #881 on: July 14, 2013, 10:30:45 pm »
Does he do this all the time?

yes, although usually not as blatantly as the highlight I'm guessing you saw.
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #882 on: July 15, 2013, 09:43:16 am »
Nats really should have a better record but every time they looked like they were getting their act together they gave up a few games in a row... I'm not in the fire davey camp but they do seem to be underperforming a bit.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #883 on: July 15, 2013, 11:39:31 am »
Just saw a highlight of Harper flipping his helmet off while running the bases.  Does he do this all the time?

I see a new rule in the future for mlb. 

Unless there already is a rule....?
Usually it flies off while he's running, I saw what you were talking about and he flipped it off as he was running, I'd never seen him do that before. He does this funny run where it's like his head is being left behind because he's running so fast.

Watching this team struggle against the Phillies and Marlins over the last week was a pain in the dick. Davey flip flopping the whole line-up yesterday was interesting. I wonder if that's something we'll see again after the break...
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #884 on: July 21, 2013, 04:54:47 pm »
Fire the manager?