Author Topic: whos going to hfstival  (Read 2691 times)

blinksaar

whos going to hfstival
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:58:00 pm »
whos going? is it really going to be cancelled because thats what some people re saying because of the low ticket sales.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: whos going to hfstival
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 01:04:00 pm »
Not only do I loathe all day festival type things, this lineup is lame lame lame.  Not going.  

What never? No never!

myuman

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 06:12:00 pm »
I've gone the last 5 years, and after each year I kick myself for going.... this year I'm following through.  Of course the lineup makes a day of yard work more enticing.

ryanbender87

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 06:10:00 pm »
yea, ive never been to hfstival, and i told myself that i was going to go this year before i have to go off to college, but it turned into a 2 day crap fest, so im a little disappointed now

ledooh

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 07:18:00 pm »
I used to think it was a great idea having a bunch of bands on the same bill. Now the problem is that it's one band I want to see and I have to sit through all the rest, and that one band won't play in this area again for a year.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 09:01:00 am »
got an email this weekend - apparently they are trying to sell the tickets at a discount now...$60 for 2 days.

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 09:05:00 am »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  got an email this weekend - apparently they are trying to sell the tickets at a discount now...$60 for 2 days.
and i am sure anyone who already bought the more expensive tickets is absolutely pissed.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 09:07:00 am »
Originally posted by ledooh:
  I used to think it was a great idea having a bunch of bands on the same bill. Now the problem is that it's one band I want to see and I have to sit through all the rest, and that one band won't play in this area again for a year.
Don't worry.  Jimmie's Chicken Shack will be back sooner than that.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 09:14:00 am »
Wait until they start handing them our for free at the immigration rallies.

Originally posted by Got Haggis?:

Guiny

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 09:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakajima, Fired by Mascis:
  Wait until they start handing them our for free at the immigration rallies.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, maybe it is worth it to have no life and protest. Although I don't totally disagree with this one, I just hope they don't all lose their jobs tomorrow when they go back to work.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 10:55:00 am »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:

Don't worry.  Jimmie's Chicken Shack will be back sooner than that. [/b]
i doubt it ... where the hell do they play in between their chili cookoff and hfstival appearances??  if they cancel the hfstival they'll lose half their revenue for the year!
(o|o)

Lively One

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 11:57:00 pm »
i doubt it ... where the hell do they play in between their chili cookoff and hfstival appearances?? if they cancel the hfstival they'll lose half their revenue for the year!  
Believe it or not, most of their shows are out of state.  They frequent NY, PA, VA, NC and such.  There are at least five other side projects between all band members as well.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 06:18:00 am »
Originally posted by Hoya Saxa 03, 08:

Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:

Don't worry.  Jimmie's Chicken Shack will be back sooner than that. [/b]
i doubt it ... where the hell do they play in between their chili cookoff and hfstival appearances??  if they cancel the hfstival they'll lose half their revenue for the year! [/b]
QUOTE (S) OF THE YEAR.