Author Topic: Economy  (Read 16461 times)

Space Freely

Re: Economy
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2023, 11:49:04 am »
x

Space Freely

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2023, 11:50:17 am »
Gold over 2k

Time to look up how much gold I bought and still have from when I was a little kid and my parents paid me a pittance for working on the family farm that managed to add up because I had nothing to spend it on and I bought gold because my mom was a weird Christian who told me that one day the economy would crater and gold would be the only thing worth anything and I totally believe my uneducated mom on economic matters because she was my mom and parents are always right at that age.

This is definitely a contender for the best run-on sentence in the history of the forum.

Let's try this with a quote rather than a standalone page starter.

Sure, it's run on, but is it even a sentence if I am omitting the implied "It is" at the start of the would be sentence?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2023, 02:26:46 pm »
Gold over 2k

Time to look up how much gold I bought and still have from when I was a little kid and my parents paid me a pittance for working on the family farm that managed to add up because I had nothing to spend it on and I bought gold because my mom was a weird Christian who told me that one day the economy would crater and gold would be the only thing worth anything and I totally believe my uneducated mom on economic matters because she was my mom and parents are always right at that age.

This is definitely a contender for the best run-on sentence in the history of the forum.
This is outsider folk art.
LVMH

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2023, 01:27:50 pm »
Gold over 2k

Time to look up how much gold I bought and still have from when I was a little kid a
at an all time high to reach $2,135 per ounce,
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/04/investing/gold-price-rise-all-time-high/index.html

also bitcoin back in the 40k range with news of ETF approval coming soon
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 01:29:43 pm by Side-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2023, 07:41:43 pm »
I looked up what I bought gold at back in the 80's and 90's. Considerably lower than today. Bult I think stocks would have been the much better choice.