Author Topic: Explosions in the Sky at Rams Head Baltimore 10/1- no DC?  (Read 2665 times)

threequartersleeve

Explosions in the Sky at Rams Head Baltimore 10/1- no DC?
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:43:00 am »

no DC love this time around?

Vas Deferens

Re: Explosions in the Sky at Rams Head Baltimore 10/1- no DC?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:24:06 am »
no...baltimore is not that far :)
(_|_)

Unsanity

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 02:52:15 am »
ram's head is crappy.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:07:25 am »
is there a new "norm" for some bands that think . . . "play richmond then balitmore, and that's enough"?

hutch

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:02:34 pm »
is there a new "norm" for some bands that think . . . "play richmond then balitmore, and that's enough"?

I think it has to do more with IMP than the band..

Having said that I wouldn't term this a natural DC show...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:17:46 pm »

why not?

their last show at the 930 was epic.  after their set, the crowd was going nuts, refused to leave & demanded an encore.  rayani had to come back out and explain that there was no encore, and could we please leave so the club could start prep'ing for the late show (Blowoff - he gave a nice shout-out to bob). 
<sig>

distance

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 08:01:35 pm »
they typically make the rounds at least twice in support of an album.  the richmond show was more of a warm-up heading into their radio city show two days later (along with a few other dates).  they're not playing dc this time but i would not be surprised if they played dc next year at some point.

that being said, they have played baltimore (7 shows) far more than dc (2 shows).

hutch

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:52 pm »

why not?

their last show at the 930 was epic.  after their set, the crowd was going nuts, refused to leave & demanded an encore.  rayani had to come back out and explain that there was no encore, and could we please leave so the club could start prep'ing for the late show (Blowoff - he gave a nice shout-out to bob). 

they just don't have the history... a natural dc show is one where a band- say a ween- have played the market every tour going back 10 years... or a malkmus... and then suddenly they skip dc for a year or two and play baltimore or richmond just because IMP knows the fans will suck it up and drive up and push the show into the profitable range...or a show where a band is really huge and IMP puts their show up in baltimore instead of dc...

where is julian when u need him?  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 08:50:52 am »
IMP did not book this new show (I could be wrong) or the last baltimore show. It was the folks that book the ottobar, so I think it has more to do with the band's relationship with them. Think of the Hold Steady playing 930 all the time...

I think it has to do more with IMP than the band..

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:00:49 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)