Author Topic: wilco presale  (Read 6105 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: wilco presale
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 10:25:32 am »
best i got was Center GG, close to the right aisle... aka right behind the soundboard.  i didn't want to be stuck behind a bank of lights and computer screens.

i completely agree that wilco isn't a band you need to be in their face for.  and for every person who gets better tickets than you tomorrow, there will be 200 who had to settle for lawn 'cause they couldn't get anything in the pavilion.  you did good.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 10:30:55 am »
Yup. Agreed on all points.

I did once buy tix in the row behind the board. When I arrived there was equipment in my seats. They send me up 10-15 rows. So ya never know.

Kubacheck

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 07:11:02 pm »
I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet, not that I've seen anyway, but while the email said that today's pre-sale was to start at 10 (along with a concurrent WRNR pre-sale) it actually started at 9am (again, along with the WRNR sale)..... I went and checked the ticketfly page last night, and it said there that it would run from 9am-10pm..... figured that HAD to be wrong since every piece of info I'd gotten on it said it'd start at 10, but sure enough, it was live at 9 this morning..... I had some trouble thanks to my crappy computer, so I got started a couple minutes late, but I managed to get a single in row U and then a pair in row P, all center section..... I'll be working saturday, not near a computer and thus no chance for me to do the regular onsale, so I'm pretty happy with what I managed to get today.....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »
I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet, not that I've seen anyway, but while the email said that today's pre-sale was to start at 10 (along with a concurrent WRNR pre-sale) it actually started at 9am (again, along with the WRNR sale).....

well, it was sorta subtle, but that's what shemp meant when he posted "try logging on" at 9:30 this morning.
<sig>

Kubacheck

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 09:54:57 pm »
I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet, not that I've seen anyway, but while the email said that today's pre-sale was to start at 10 (along with a concurrent WRNR pre-sale) it actually started at 9am (again, along with the WRNR sale).....

well, it was sorta subtle, but that's what shemp meant when he posted "try logging on" at 9:30 this morning.

ah.... I've been registered here for a long time, but am not a regular poster/reader of the forums (as evidenced by my low post count), so I missed that, but even logging on at 9:30 would've put you a 1/2 hour behind the start of the presale..... looking at my email inbox, I bought my single ticket at 9:04 and the pair at 9:06.... it just worked out well for me that, as I said, I like to check things out well ahead of time, and happened to notice the different time posted on Ticketfly.... so whatever happened and for what reason, I don't know.....  it worked out well for me, a fact for which I and my friends are grateful because we're totally looking forward to this double bill.....  but I am surprised that I haven't seen any complaints about the early start time of the presale, I can't be the only one who didn't see the warning from Shemp, and I doubt that everyone noticed the early start time posted on ticketfly.....

shemptiness

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 10:47:51 pm »
I think that's a first - complaining about an early start for a presale.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 10:50:43 pm »
I missed it as well. Went to go check out the site and get things ready and before I knew it I'd bought my pair.

I figured I'd kinda blown it but everything worked out.

Kubacheck

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 03:21:10 am »
I think that's a first - complaining about an early start for a presale.

I knew someone would misconstrue what I was saying.... I wasn't complaining....  I said it worked out great for me, I was ready for the early start.... I was just surprised that one of the people who got a late start because they were told (via the 930 club email blast) that it started at 10 didn't complain about it here, that's all I was saying..... and I don't think they'd be wrong to be a little annoyed, Lord knows I've seen a lot of complaining here over the years about far less......

mbg73

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 02:20:24 pm »
Late to the party here, but feeling pretty good about the center section row L seats I got through the wilco presale on Wed.  I've always had good luck with their presales.