Author Topic: DC Parking Shenanigans  (Read 29643 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: DC Parking Shenanigans
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:48 am »
That idea is also a very short-sighted idea, especially considering that these people too sometimes need a vehicle for reasons that the available transportation system doesn't provide for.

Yes. Soundgarden in Fairfax is Exhibit A.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2011, 08:55:44 am »
It's not uncommon around the Black Cat area for them to pull that crap of saying they've observed your car.  They tried doing that to a friend of mine who was visiting for the first time into DC.  Bored cops with nothing better to do (yes cops do this, not parking enforcement) so they're sitting in the Parks and Recs lots and running tags.

While I have lived in DC for quite some time, I finally caved in to become a resident.  I had had enough of beating the system getting ROSA exemption status and having meetings with Parking Enforcement to show the new hires that certain spots are exempt from the 2-hour resident rule.
3MTA3

slappy

« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2011, 05:16:16 pm »

Christine Moritz

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2011, 06:16:27 pm »
^ Exactly!

Then when you consider the high percentage of Federal jobs that 'some' of the residents seem to believe are being paid out from their pockets. Okay, they do contribute but so do the people in all 50 states (via taxes, fees, etc.) and then some! At least the District and its residents profit and have income in many ways by being the home to these jobs.
Yes... but D.C. is also hindered by having a weaker tax base than many other cities, on account of all of those federal agencies being tax-exempt.