Author Topic: The Low Ticket Warning thread  (Read 163872 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
The Low Ticket Warning thread
« on: August 18, 2011, 03:40:00 pm »
on its FB page (http://www.facebook.com/930club), the club announces when a show is close to selling out.  i think that is a really valuable service.  however, not everyone is on FB and the announcements are quickly buried amidst a hundred posts about "TEH KAIZER CHEIFS!!!1" and announcements of every single 930/IMP/MPP event.

so here's a thread where the warnings can be re-posted if you happen to come across one.  ideally whoever posts the warnings on the club's FB page can also copy the warning to this thread (thanks!).

first warning: The Hold Steady is about to sell out.  only 2 tickets left a few minutes ago.
<sig>

Yada

Re: The Low Ticket Warning thread
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »
on its FB page (http://www.facebook.com/930club), the club announces when a show is close to selling out.  i think that is a really valuable service.  however, not everyone is on FB and the announcements are quickly buried amidst a hundred posts about "TEH KAIZER CHEIFS!!!1" and announcements of every single 930/IMP/MPP event.

so here's a thread where the warnings can be re-posted if you happen to come across one.  ideally whoever posts the warnings on the club's FB page can also copy the warning to this thread (thanks!).

first warning: The Hold Steady is about to sell out.  only 2 tickets left a few minutes ago.

How'd you know the exact amount that was left?

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 05:51:25 pm »

I feel compelled to reveal the big secret.  "Sweetcell" is an anagram of "Seth Hurwitz."  Did you ever read/see "Fight Club?"

Brian

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »
They tweet the warnings, too.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:39:36 pm »

i tried putting 3 tickets in my cart, "quntity not available".  tried putting in 2, bingo.  i was bored.

They tweet the warnings, too.

yup, but again they're mixed in with replies to fans, new show announcements, contests, etc... my idea here is to create a single place to look instead of having to go through a haystack.
<sig>

betao

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 11:33:09 pm »
I support this thread.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:02:23 am »
Ben Harper both nights are low on tickets.
(_|_)

Shadrach

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 10:45:18 am »
Hope this helps...

Elbow

The Head and The Heart

Matt Nathanson

Ben Harper

Odd Future

The Naked and Famous

Willie Nelson

Cold War Kids

The Kooks

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:36 am »
thank you, shadrach!
<sig>

Bags

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 12:39:45 pm »
This is a GREAT thread.  THANKS.  Getting to the box office tonight on way home from work!!!

Shadrach

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 12:55:10 pm »
thank you, shadrach!

Oh and Pumpkins sold out in about 30 minutes. Hate to say I told you so, but...  ;D

jrho

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 12:58:12 pm »
As someone who can't access facebook or twitter from work, thanks for this thread!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 01:13:21 pm »
Oh and Pumpkins sold out in about 30 minutes. Hate to say I told you so, but...  ;D

my faith in humanity is taking a beating today.  need a beer, STAT.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:16:05 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

RustyOrgan

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 05:29:53 pm »
Helpful thread!!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 05:31:31 pm »
I can't believe that Smashing Pumpkins show sold out so fast.  I mean, I kinda knew it would but... really?  And I'm a huge SP fan from Gish - Siamese Dream and i just couldn't get excited about it.  I know i'd get to the show and just be bummed that i was watching a fake lineup.  lame!