Author Topic: Earthquake!  (Read 36371 times)

James Ford

Re: Earthquake!
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2011, 09:21:43 am »
It woke me up and i couldn't sleep for the next 30 minutes. Scarier than the first one because i was sleeping.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2011, 09:31:00 am »
I bet the west coast folk are pissing themselves at you east coast pussies freaking over a slight vibration equal to having the base of your Onkyo turned up to 11!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:35 am »
i bet the east coast people look at california (budget issues, immigration issues, barbara boxer, gay marriage, arnold, power issues, drought issues, water shortage issues, mudslides, everyone suddendly can't drive when it rains, a fake world of self appointed importance) and say "since when does california matter?"

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:59 am »
i bet the east coast people look at california (budget issues, immigration issues, barbara boxer, gay marriage, arnold, power issues, drought issues, water shortage issues, mudslides, everyone suddendly can't drive when it rains a fake world of self appointed importance and say "since when does california matter?"

I think CA/DC is on a par on these two...DC probably wins by a nose in the self appointed importance category though

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2011, 10:02:39 am »
funny . . . i was thinking the same thing as i typed.

fatskippy

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:27 am »
Everyone in DC is now jumping at the chance to tell their earthquake story and not a single one of them is any good

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2011, 10:09:08 am »
It woke me up and i couldn't sleep for the next 30 minutes.

This.  It wasn't scary as much as it was just a little unnerving.  By the time I woke up enough to realize what happened, it was done.

Relaxer

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2011, 10:15:52 am »
Whenever any smartacre from California gives me lip about being all surprised about an earthquake I always say "Oh yeah, well you guys would be all weirded out if you saw a 30-car presidential motorcade flying down the road with secret service dudes pointing mounted machine guns at you" and then they say "WOAH, does that really happen?!?" and then I quietly say "no" and run upstairs in shame and tears.
oword

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2011, 10:37:47 am »
I bet the west coast folk are pissing themselves at you east coast pussies freaking over a slight vibration equal to having the base of your Onkyo turned up to 11!!!
I am most definitely not an alarmist about these sorts of things.  BUT, to be fair...

My fiance lived on the west coast (Bay Area to Palm Springs and all over in between) for the past 15 years and went through many many earthquakes.  She was at work in DC when this happened and says she never felt the ground shake like that.

Something about the epicenter not being very deep and the fact that the earth here is "harder" makes a lower magnitude quake more noticable.

So it's easy to see why this sort of thing is alarming to folks around here.

ggw

« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2011, 10:44:06 am »
Actually that has happened to me twice. On 267 shortly after 9/11. They weren't really pointing their machine guns AT me. But the back windows of the black suburbans were open and the seats were occupied by dudes with machine guns.

As for California, I had the misfortune of being in LA recently. The traffic there really is unbearable. But I do love SF, even with the huge population of aggressive homeless. In fact, I love most of northern CA.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2011, 10:46:38 am »
i bet the east coast people look at california (budget issues, immigration issues, barbara boxer, gay marriage, arnold, power issues, drought issues, water shortage issues, mudslides, everyone suddendly can't drive when it rains, a fake world of self appointed importance) and say "since when does california matter?"

Someone on another forum said about California "Even the earthquakes are leaving!"
😐 🎶

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2011, 10:57:37 am »
Actually that has happened to me twice. On 267 shortly after 9/11. They weren't really pointing their machine guns AT me. But the back windows of the black suburbans were open and the seats were occupied by dudes with machine guns.

As for California, I had the misfortune of being in LA recently. The traffic there really is unbearable. But I do love SF, even with the huge population of aggressive homeless. In fact, I love most of northern CA.

When I lived there I found it a little amusing that us locals found the presidential motorcade a huge pain in the arse and just added more headaches to our commute while the tourists were clicking cameras with gay abandon.

Relaxer

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2011, 10:58:12 am »

I remember that. Right after 9/11, there was a damn tank mounted next to the Pentagon and if you were driving on 110 from Rosslyn heading toward 395/DC, you'd turn the corner and then BAM, there's a tank pointed right at you. It sure didn't make me horny!

Eventually they took the tank away and replaced it with a hummer, which also featured a mounted machine gun.
oword

nkotb

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2011, 11:04:33 am »
I think I've been to that club before...

gay abandon.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2011, 11:16:50 am »
It woke me up and i couldn't sleep for the next 30 minutes.

This.  It wasn't scary as much as it was just a little unnerving.  By the time I woke up enough to realize what happened, it was done.

....like a wet dream.

Brian