Author Topic: (White) Women We Love  (Read 5051 times)

Bartelby

Re: (White) Women We Love
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 09:39:00 am »
...this was a racist piece of crap.  The color of missing women and kids is irrelevant.  Look to the press if you wonder why Laci 's murder got coverage, but the dead black prostitute who's body was recovered on the GW Parkway got no follow-up. It's not an issue that no one is looking for missing black women/kids; its an issue of coverage in the media. BTW:  I'm as disgusted with black racists as much as I am with white racists.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
  ...this was a racist piece of crap.
what?  has it been that long since you studied reading comprehension?

The color of missing women and kids is irrelevant.  Look to the press if you wonder why Laci 's murder got coverage, but the dead black prostitute who's body was recovered on the GW Parkway got no follow-up. It's not an issue that no one is looking for missing black women/kids; its an issue of coverage in the media.
that's the whole point of the article!!!

there is this strange phenomenon he's labeled "damsel in distress" where the disappearance of an upper-middle class white women or girl becomes a national obsession ... it's an outgrowth of the 24-hour news cycle and the dimwits who lap all the coverage up
(o|o)

RonniStar

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 02:12:00 pm »
Make you want to say  Enough Is Enough!

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 02:58:00 pm »
  ...this was a racist piece of crap.  The color of missing women and kids is irrelevant.  Look to the press if you wonder why Laci 's murder got coverage, but the dead black prostitute who's body was recovered on the GW Parkway got no follow-up. It's not an issue that no one is looking for missing black women/kids; its an issue of coverage in the media. BTW:  I'm as disgusted with black racists as much as I am with white racists.
Another reason a dead hooker gets less press is because of her chosen profession...death by misadventure.

walkman

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 03:42:00 pm »
Robinson's article came on the heels of a series of tough pieces in the Village Voice on the same issue.   Jarrett Murphy wrote the first story, in response to the Nicole DuFresne murder (young, beautiful white woman shot to death in trendy LES Manhattan by black teenager--it was huge news in NY this past winter).

Voice piece