Author Topic: Metallica / Lou Reed  (Read 4372 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Metallica / Lou Reed
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »
on a vaguely serious note, walalce does appear to have checked out.  he hasn't changed his fantasy football lineup in at least a week and a half, his lineup this past week had players on their bye week while his bench had solid active players.  he hasn't posted here in a good while.

i bet Papa Wallace took away the 'puter.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 05:12:17 pm »
I ordered hits on Wallace, Gallagher and Walkie.

hemisphire

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 05:15:28 pm »

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 11:04:52 am »
on a vaguely serious note, walalce does appear to have checked out.  he hasn't changed his fantasy football lineup in at least a week and a half, his lineup this past week had players on their bye week while his bench had solid active players.  he hasn't posted here in a good while.

i bet Papa Wallace took away the 'puter.

That's bullshit.  "Solid active players."  Of the 16 roster spots, I had 6 players on a bye and 5 that were out (Johnson, Ward, Williams, Best and Bradford.)  Leaving me four players and a team defense that actually participated in football games on Sunday.   I could drop, add, pick up from waivers, etc. but that's chasing the dragon.  Once the byes are over and some players get healthier I could be competitive.  I'm not making excuses. I made poor selections.

I haven't heard "Lulu" yet but if Klosterman hates it that much, it must be good.  I mean, he LOVED "Chinese Democracy."  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Plus, just like everything else he does, it's not CRITICISM.  What he writes doesn't offer insight.  He just writes to make "witty" observations and reinforce others (his "base") that wasting your life on pop culture isn't a total mistake.  He's like Rodney Dangerfield:  "Hey, let me tell ya!  Metallica!  No respect!  Their new album's so bad, Lars Ulrich is suing his fans just to make them listen to it!   I gotta tell ya!"

Whenever I read Chuck Klosterman (which I avoid like the plague) I'm reminded of Capote's comments on Kerouac: "That's not writing.  It's typing."

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 07:18:12 pm »
That's bullshit.  "Solid active players."  Of the 16 roster spots, I had 6 players on a bye and 5 that were out (Johnson, Ward, Williams, Best and Bradford.)  Leaving me four players and a team defense that actually participated in football games on Sunday.   

i stand corrected.  when i last checked i guess they hadn't scratched the injured players (they still had projected points, etc), so i thought you had more options.  effen hell, your squad is decimated by injuries.  rough going...

I'm not making excuses. I made poor selections.

don't blame yourself for everything, injuries can't be predicted.

Plus, just like everything else he does, it's not CRITICISM.  What he writes doesn't offer insight.  He just writes to make "witty" observations and reinforce others (his "base") that wasting your life on pop culture isn't a total mistake.  He's like Rodney Dangerfield:  "Hey, let me tell ya!  Metallica!  No respect!  Their new album's so bad, Lars Ulrich is suing his fans just to make them listen to it!   I gotta tell ya!"

Whenever I read Chuck Klosterman (which I avoid like the plague) I'm reminded of Capote's comments on Kerouac: "That's not writing.  It's typing."

Brian

is it just me, or is the irony piling up in here?  ;D
<sig>