Author Topic: Music  (Read 16389 times)

Ardamus

• Ardamus
Re: Music
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2011, 01:05:38 pm »
For anyone who's interested, myself and producer C Royal from North Carolina dropped our 1st single on Shotgun Daisy Records from our album "The Glass Is Half Full Of".

http://www.beatport.com/release/im-not-the-one/831779

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011, 01:06:30 pm »
Check out Kellee Maize... used to be a good friend of mine in college. Hot taboot, kind of crappy tunes though.

http://open.spotify.com/album/4MJF3ttjoE2zh76CzdzePr

She's not bad. I definitely respect that she does uptempo music with a message behind it.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 04:16:21 pm »

Dad Rocks! - Mount Modern

This is a great album

[Drowned in Sound review]

[spotify]
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 07:07:40 pm »
Jah Division - Dub Will Tear Us Apart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnCDwb_EtQ
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 02:54:06 pm »
I can't stop listening to this record, probably my favorite album of the year

Dad Rocks! - Mount Modern

This is a great album

[Drowned in Sound review]

[spotify]
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 03:01:30 pm »

Barn Owl - "Lost in the Glare"

I like. [spotify]
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 10:29:47 am »

Van Hunt - What Were You Hoping For?  [spotify]; [av club review]

this is an interesting album - nice to break out of my indie pop/rock comfort zone every once in a while
(o|o)

James Ford

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 10:44:44 am »
Would you really have tried that one out if not for the rave reviews?

I listened to the critics and gave it a try, but man it sucks.

Van Hunt - What Were You Hoping For?  [spotify]; [av club review]

this is an interesting album - nice to break out of my indie pop/rock comfort zone every once in a while

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 11:10:20 am »
Would you really have tried that one out if not for the rave reviews?

I listened to the critics and gave it a try, but man it sucks.

No.  It's not my cup of tea, but a fun listen.
(o|o)

Yada

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:09 am »

This record is rippin'.

Carrion Crawler/The Dream - The Oh Sees

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 12:12:20 pm »
The Oh Sees are good. First heard them when my other DJ sent me a track to play on Air Atlantic Underground Radio about a year ago. Good psychedelia without going too far beyond the bend.

wml7

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 09:50:48 pm »

Relaxer

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 10:36:00 pm »
Ardamus, I was extremely impressed by your set last night at DC9. In fact, I told my buddy it was by far the best set I'd seen by any band all year.

Unfortunately, it was then followed by G-Side, which took the crown and truly put on an incredible performance. Best hip-hop set I've ever seen. That was a performance that I wish everyone who thinks live hip-hop sucks could have seen.

But I will go see you every chance I get. When you were solo up there, you totally had it going and I was a little chagrined when you brought those 5 dudes up. But everyone of them was great and all of you guys together was next-level! Seriously, not a bad one in the bunch and the dude that looked like Richard Hamilton was killing it. Loved seeing some local talent, especially given how fucking awesome G-Side were.
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:10 pm »

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2011, 12:31:04 am »
Ardamus, I was extremely impressed by your set last night at DC9. In fact, I told my buddy it was by far the best set I'd seen by any band all year.

Unfortunately, it was then followed by G-Side, which took the crown and truly put on an incredible performance. Best hip-hop set I've ever seen. That was a performance that I wish everyone who thinks live hip-hop sucks could have seen.

But I will go see you every chance I get. When you were solo up there, you totally had it going and I was a little chagrined when you brought those 5 dudes up. But everyone of them was great and all of you guys together was next-level! Seriously, not a bad one in the bunch and the dude that looked like Richard Hamilton was killing it. Loved seeing some local talent, especially given how fucking awesome G-Side were.

Thank you, man. Homie.....you should've let me know who you were. I had drink tickets and would've hooked you up. Appreciate it. G-Side had their set more together so its only right that they were the headliners. But hopefully, the set will be tighter in the end.

It was fun as fuck to do that show. Hell, I was talk to the dude CP about maybe some stuff with Block Beataz.