Author Topic: Worst live show you've been dragged to by a spouse/partner/significant other  (Read 10660 times)

Brian_Wallace

Actually, it wasn't me who had the fascination. I'm thinking it was Yada?

I'm just trying to be inclusive. At one time or another, i'myself have been referred to as a "spouse", a "partner" or a "significant other". Among other things.

ok . . . this is the second thread started by you revolving around your new fascination with "who people are attached to in a relationship and what they should be called."  odd.

I have no fascination, I just think the term partner is ridiculous. Sorry walkie!
Friends (with or without benefits;)) should apply to this scenario.
I can't think...I like the 930 shows I go to and attend more shows than my friends.  I avoid any invited to Buffet or DMB. I can pretty much sniff them out beforehand so I can politely decline. I avoid some of the hippie house shows of family members of friends. I recall another friend dragging me to another local show. FNL and Ned's (Herndon) that's just not music to me so I stopped going. (You know: Kristen and the Noise, Love Seed Mama Jump? Yeah those shows)

Kristen and the Noise are pretty good.  Dewey Beach, brah!

Brian

K8teebug

Spin Doctors / Soul Asylum / Screaming Trees

I was pumped for the Trees but was ready to leave as soon as they left the stage.  We did get to leave 4 songs into the headliner's set.  So it wasn't a complete waste of an evening.

That was my first show!  I went for the Screaming Trees, and left after Soul Asylum.  At Hershey Park ;)

Brian_Wallace

Spin Doctors / Soul Asylum / Screaming Trees

I was pumped for the Trees but was ready to leave as soon as they left the stage.  We did get to leave 4 songs into the headliner's set.  So it wasn't a complete waste of an evening.

That was my first show!  I went for the Screaming Trees, and left after Soul Asylum.  At Hershey Park ;)

You people were awful.  You know "Cleopatra's Cat" and "How Could You Want Him (When You Know You Could Have Me?)" have held up a lot better than "Nearly Lost You" and "Runaway Train" have.

Brian

HoyaSaxa03

plaintiff whale songs

great band name for Black Cat's annual Battle of the Law Firm Bands
(o|o)

StoneTheCrow

You people were awful.  You know "Cleopatra's Cat" and "How Could You Want Him (When You Know You Could Have Me?)" have held up a lot better than "Nearly Lost You" and "Runaway Train" have.

Well it's a good thing I saw them before those songs got dated. 

savoytruffle

Kathy Griffin at Constitution Hall, FTW!

Yada

Kathy Griffin at Constitution Hall, FTW!

I'd agree with that. I'd rather be mauled by a bear than listen to her talk for one minute.

HoyaSaxa03

my wife would almost certainly say one of the Drive-By Truckers shows I dragged her to.
(o|o)

James Ford

There have been a couple of 9:30 shows where my wife just went and sat down in the back. On a couple of occasions, i acquiesced to her wishes and left early.

She actually quite likes the Truckers, but one time they played a smoke filled 3+ hour show at the Recher in Towson, and she went and sat a spell in the car.

Now that we have a kid and going to a show together means two tickets+babysitting costs, she's very selective in which ones she joins me for!

my wife would almost certainly say one of the Drive-By Truckers shows I dragged her to.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
plaintiff whale songs

LOL.  nice catch.  i meant "plaintive", of course...
<sig>

Vas Deferens

ohh looked through my list.....

COLLECTIVE SOUL

this is by far the worst
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

plaintiff whale songs

LOL.  nice catch.  i meant "plaintive", of course...

regardless, great band name
(o|o)

blipvurt

The worst show someone took me to was a friend dragging me to a Dave Matthews concert at Nissan back around '96-'97. We had a deal if I went with him to that he'd be my ride to Tool (somewhere in MD, probably Baltimore). I hated the show, it went on for ever, and then my "friend" welshed on driving me to Tool. A very lame experience.

I don't think my wife ever took me to a bad show. Good live music was a huge part of our courtship and still is a big part of our life together. I know I've taken her to a few she didn't care for though. She was pretty vocal about not really needing to see Page Hamilton's side project Ghandi twice. But at least she was nice enough to go with me for the ride to Baltimore for that second show.

@K8teebug  - That Screaming Trees/Soul Asylum/Spin Doctors show at Hershey Park was one of my first concerts too!