Author Topic: Jose Andres Food Truck  (Read 105351 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Jose Andres Food Truck
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 10:16:47 am »
here's an idea

pack your lunch.  you control what you eat.  you know the preparation of it is safe.  it is cheaper.  unless of cource you think you will look like a dork and you care way too much about what other people think of you because bringing your own lunch is so uncool and people might think you are poor.  start supporting your own ideas and not some total stranger.  for all you know, they are serving you cat.

Schtick = tired.

you thinking it is schtick  =  weak mind

go listen to phish  =  all you can comprehend

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 10:19:34 am »
for all you know, they are serving you cat.

well, by that logic, you could say the same thing about any restaurant. the big advantage to being mobile is not having to pay rent. they still have to pass health inspections and serve human consumable food.

i'm really trying not to eat at restaurants anymore.  i hear various things here and there about this place or that place . . . and it really makes me demand to be more conscious of what i eat on a daily basis. 

Yada

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 10:22:03 am »
here's an idea

pack your lunch.  you control what you eat.  you know the preparation of it is safe.  it is cheaper.  unless of cource you think you will look like a dork and you care way too much about what other people think of you because bringing your own lunch is so uncool and people might think you are poor.  start supporting your own ideas and not some total stranger.  for all you know, they are serving you cat.

Schtick = tired.

you thinking it is schtick  =  weak mind

go listen to phish  =  all you can comprehend

You either

A. Need to freak out and quit the board again

or

B. Some web developer needs to create an ignore user option on here.

slappy

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 11:27:59 am »
Kids these days with their food and trucks and hippity hop music.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 11:39:26 am »
walky is dupek, right?
(o|o)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:16 am »
I've tried a couple of them, when the lines weren't ridiculous, to see what the fuss was all about.  I still don't know. 

Thank you for your contribution to this discussion.

So what makes Doomie's perspective any less worthwhile here?   ::)

I thought it was appropriate and relevant to the discussion.

azaghal1981

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 12:40:46 pm »
Walkie's concerns regarding possible grossness/illnesses are why I have shied away (and I know these concerns are likely irrational as I stated in the first post) from food trucks but I would be willing to risk it with this one.
احمد

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 12:43:53 pm »
I've tried a couple of them, when the lines weren't ridiculous, to see what the fuss was all about.  I still don't know. 

Thank you for your contribution to this discussion.

So what makes Doomie's perspective any less worthwhile here?   ::)

I thought it was appropriate and relevant to the discussion.

he took 24 words to say that he had nothing to contribute here.  just having some fun.
(o|o)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 12:54:50 pm »
here's an idea

^^^^Best advise.

I started doing this a while ago.  It has totally changed the way I eat AND spend money.  Not only do not blow 6-8 bucks a day on lunch, but the way I fritter away money has totally changed.  Best lifestyle change I've made in ages, as evidenced  by my growing savings account.

Jaguar

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 01:13:07 pm »
I'm sick of packing lunches but have been doing so for most of my work life. In some cases, there just wasn't anything within a reasonable distance to where I was working and the place either had no food options on site or it was just inedible without getting sick. Boy, I could tell you some school cafeteria horror stories that would make the nastiest food truck seem like a gourmet treat!

Have also worked in a lot places that don't have a refrigerator which limits what you can safely store until lunchtime. Then there were the schools that had refrigerators but it wasn't worth using because the parents would always steal the teachers lunches.

Now I'm lucky enough to just go home for lunch except the time is so short that all I do is eat something very quick. I'm a slow eater so sticking around wouldn't give me anymore real eating time. Deal with that by snacking at work when I get a chance.

It's nice to take a diversion once in awhile but it seems those trucks tend to only venture into areas that already have plenty of restaurant and carry out options. I've never seen or heard of any around here and have a feeling that the town wouldn't allow them so they don't compete with the many restaurants. I don't know though. Either way, I doubt that I'd bother with buying from one.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 01:51:40 pm »
Today's menu, leftover jambalaya. 

Jaguar

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 02:01:22 pm »

Yum! Even better leftover because it gives it more time to absorb all of those delicious spices. Only thing is, that's one of those foods that I rarely chance eating at lunchtime for fear of needing an excessively long break before my work day is over.

Yada

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 02:05:07 pm »

Yum! Even better leftover because it gives it more time to absorb all of those delicious spices. Only thing is, that's one of those foods that I rarely chance eating at lunchtime for fear of needing an excessively long break before my work day is over.

Or shitting your pants.

Jaguar

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 02:11:31 pm »
:o ;D ;D :o

Poor Chaz. Let's hope that we haven't ruined his afternoon with our explosive powers of suggestion.

azaghal1981

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 02:20:36 pm »
You said 'explosive'!

Ahh, poop jokes.
احمد