Author Topic: Radiohead chit chat  (Read 52127 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Radiohead chit chat
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2012, 07:45:14 pm »
Man, Radiohead is lucky they're not playing in DC tonight. Could you imagine the wrath?

@Chris_Richards: Tornadoes headed toward DC? Could only mean one thing: RADIOHEAD IS COMING. Here's David "Nostradamus" Malitz in March: wapo.st/KygmZV
😐 🎶

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2012, 12:36:51 am »
Why won't they play Talk Show Host anymore? For shame.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2012, 01:23:54 am »
Why won't they play Talk Show Host anymore? For shame.

uh, because they have a catalog of over 200 songs and they can't please everyone all the time? ;D

they played TSH on the last tour.  also, the band said they practiced 70 songs for this tour and so far they're up to about 50.  there is still a chance they will break out TSH.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2012, 12:53:57 pm »
any of you nuts get floor for show??  How early you guys showing up??  Are there any good noodle places around verizon.  I know chinatown is there but hell it's not really a chinatown anymore is it?  Pseudotown
 ;D

serpent boy

« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2012, 01:22:51 pm »
Every Verizon show I've seen over the years, I've taken the Metro.

Now I live in Virginia Beach, so I'll be making a day trip up to see Radiohead tomorrow.

Any recommendations for the best parking lot in that area? Should I just park at Verizon? Where is there even an entry for parking there? I thought about parking somewhere south and taking the Metro, but it seems like a hassle.

wml7

« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2012, 01:29:12 pm »
I just came back from nyc this morning and they are working on the metro rails.  So if people park at vienna they cant go all the way into the city.  They have to get off at west falls church to take a shuttle to east falls church then back on the metro.  This probably wont matter to you serpent because you might get on metro at another stop if u take it.  I would def take metro instead of dealing with driving into dc.
 ;D

dyecraig

« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2012, 02:52:02 pm »
any of you nuts get floor for show??  How early you guys showing up??  Are there any good noodle places around verizon.  I know chinatown is there but hell it's not really a chinatown anymore is it?  Pseudotown
 ;D

chinatown express (746 6th street) is the place - the fried noodle  w/chicken, beef or pork is excellent.

wml7

« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2012, 03:19:32 pm »
Excellent will have to check it while im down there ;D

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2012, 06:27:52 pm »
Even though it's a Sunday night, the metro usually is running after concerts at Verizon usually, right? I'm thinking it would be easier to drive from Baltimore and take the metro in rather than drive and park at Verizon.

Could someone comment please?

wml7

« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2012, 06:44:50 pm »
they keep them open a little later I think if there is a sports or concert event. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.
 ;D

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2012, 06:59:05 pm »
You can go to www.wmata.com and plan a trip on Metro, in terms of needing a train leaving after a certain time.  There are trains leaving Gallery Place tomorrow night several times between 11 PM and midnight.  The show should be over by 11 at the latest.

I took Metro back from the Verizon Center a couple of months ago for Springsteen and it was fine.  Not very crowded after the show with other riders, either.  Radiohead may have more metro riders, though, being a younger crowd.

There are some good and less expensive places to park a few blocks away from Verizon.  I've used a garage on either F or G close to the intersection with 13th (but between 13th and 14th) several times before.  It's far enough away that it doesn't charge inflated "event parking rates".

hutch

« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2012, 08:08:38 pm »
metro is a total nightmare these days.. i try to avoid it when i can..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2012, 01:42:07 am »
looks like all lines on metro are experiencing delays this weekend due to single-tracking: http://www.wmata.com/rider_tools/metro_service_status/rail_Bus.cfm? - could be a 2 minute delay, or could be 20.  plan accordingly.

show will definitely be over by 11, so plenty of metro left to take you home (last trains are around or after midnight).  caribou go on around 7:30, RH on stage between 8:30 and 8:45 (typically closer to 8:45).

i'm getting pretty damn excited over here ;D
<sig>

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2012, 03:55:57 am »
looks like all lines on metro are experiencing delays this weekend due to single-tracking: http://www.wmata.com/rider_tools/metro_service_status/rail_Bus.cfm? - could be a 2 minute delay, or could be 20.  plan accordingly.

show will definitely be over by 11, so plenty of metro left to take you home (last trains are around or after midnight).  caribou go on around 7:30, RH on stage between 8:30 and 8:45 (typically closer to 8:45).

i'm getting pretty damn excited over here ;D

I'm leaving hella early to make sure I get into DC at a decent time. My only concern is getting back. I'm taking the metro from vienna (or east falls church if the construction is as bad as some on this board have suggested). Are we sure that Caribou are going to be off the stage that early? I've been to shows before where the single opening act have played an hour 15 minute set as opposed to the normal 45 minute set. I'm affraid that RADIOHEAD won't be going on till 9:15, 9:30. Should I be worried about not being able to make a train from Gallery to Metro Center in order to jump on the orange line to make it home?

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2012, 03:56:58 am »
Also, I'm extremely excited over here as well.  ;D