Author Topic: BigYawn Roll call...  (Read 9830 times)

sonickteam2

Re: BigYawn Roll call...
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2004, 05:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  You're so optimistic -- 100 people!
bags, if you brought all of your 50 or so gay man friends we'd have a LOT more than 100 people.
   although, parking all of those SUVs in that neighborhood would be a BITCH!

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2004, 05:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:

So, from this, it's Redsock, sonick and DJ Trip or whatever FoGC's dj name is....
I think it was DJ Trickster but he can tell you better.  I'll try to stop by but it's kind of a long shot since I'll also be supporting local boys (sounds of) Kaleidoscope at the Cat. [/b]
Oh yeah I forgot about that show!  Say hi to Alex, their drummer for me.  Now there's a man obsessed with shoegaze...

Dandy01

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2004, 05:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by friend of Guy Chadwick:

So, from this, it's Redsock, sonick and DJ Trip or whatever FoGC's dj name is....
I think it was DJ Trickster but he can tell you better.  I'll try to stop by but it's kind of a long shot since I'll also be supporting local boys (sounds of) Kaleidoscope at the Cat. [/b]
Oh yeah I forgot about that show!  Say hi to Alex, their drummer for me.  Now there's a man obsessed with shoegaze... [/b]
haha, sure, since he's the one I know!  ;)

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2004, 05:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  How about my Orange Juice suggestion?

I think it's an excellent request. OJ were a great band and I definitely dig them.  Even if I didn't, they've been such a major influence on U.K. guitar music over the last 25 years or so, how could I ignore them?  Probably the only band more influential from the last 30 years on U.K. guitar music is The Smiths.  You'll have to come Sunday night and hear for yourself what I play---so are you planning on coming?

Btw, thanks for not requesting any Uncle Tupelo.  ;)

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2004, 05:39:00 pm »

Oh yeah I forgot about that show!  Say hi to Alex, their drummer for me.  Now there's a man obsessed with shoegaze... [/b]
haha, sure, since he's the one I know!   ;)  [/b]
And definitely tell him about Sunday night at the Blue Room---he'll think he died and gone to England circa 1991...

Dandy01

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2004, 05:43:00 pm »

haha, sure, since he's the one I know!    ;)   [/b]
And definitely tell him about Sunday night at the Blue Room---he'll think he died and gone to England circa 1991... [/b]
yeah, sure thing, thanks for the reminder!

Bags

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2004, 06:06:00 pm »
Geez, I wasn't being pessimistic, I think 100 people is a lot of people to get -- you don't get that many folks out to see regional bands at Velvet Lounge.  Lighten up, everyone -- I think it will rock if you get 100 or more.  

Has this been advertised outside of this site and bigyawn?

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

we dont need your pessimistic attitude.  I figure at least 5-10 people working there. at least 10 people from BigYawn.  I am bringing 3 people.  and the bands, thats already like 30.

people dont support local music in DC?  or are they too busy?  100 people should never be hard to get. [/b]

Bags

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2004, 06:14:00 pm »

bags, if you brought all of your 50 or so gay man friends we'd have a LOT more than 100 people.
   although, parking all of those SUVs in that neighborhood would be a BITCH! [/b]
I know there's a crowd of indie music queers out there, but I don't know any of 'em.  My group would be unlikely to attend such an event....alas.  And hey, to make up for my Escalade days, I take the bus to Adams Morgan -- so there, Rhett!    :p

redsock

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2004, 06:20:00 pm »
  Geez, I wasn't being pessimistic, I think 100 people is a lot of people to get -- you don't get that many folks out to see regional bands at Velvet Lounge.  Lighten up, everyone -- I think it will rock if you get 100 or more.  

Has this been advertised outside of this site and bigyawn?

we dont need your pessimistic attitude.  I figure at least 5-10 people working there. at least 10 people from BigYawn.  I am bringing 3 people.  and the bands, thats already like 30.

people dont support local music in DC?  or are they too busy?  100 people should never be hard to get. [/b]
[/b]
yup

ratioci nation

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2004, 06:48:00 pm »
word is spreading like wildfire, some guy from my office just mentioned he was going, totally unrelated to my going

Bags

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2004, 06:54:00 pm »
in that case, I probably won't even make it in.  Have fun, hipsters!

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2004, 07:00:00 pm »
You take the bus from Woodley to Adams Morgan? How about walking? Always good exercise!

although, parking all of those SUVs in that neighborhood would be a BITCH! [/b]
I know there's a crowd of indie music queers out there, but I don't know any of 'em.  My group would be unlikely to attend such an event....alas.  And hey, to make up for my Escalade days, I take the bus to Adams Morgan -- so there, Rhett!     :p  [/b]

Bags

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2004, 07:06:00 pm »
IT'S FUCKING 10 DEGREES OUT wind chill.  Goddamn it, why don't you shut the hell up.  I promise to never engage you in conversation again.

Region Wakes Up to Arctic Blast of Air

Low temperatures overnight didn't break any records in the Washington area, but residents are still waking up to an arctic blast of air. The National Weather Service says temperatures at Reagan and Dulles airports plunged into the mid-teens early Friday morning, with wind chills dipping below zero.

Bags

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2004, 07:09:00 pm »
Sorry I yelled.  My fault, I keep paying attention to him.

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2004, 07:17:00 pm »
Thanks for warning me. I'll make sure I bundle up as I walk from the Woodley Metro to my Adams-Morgan apartment very soon. Thankfully, it's supposed to be 37 by the time we do our run tomorrow, and a balmy 40 degrees on the day of your walk over to Adams-Morgan for the Big Yawn party!

IT'S FUCKING 10 DEGREES OUT wind chill.  Goddamn it, why don't you shut the hell up.  I promise to never engage you in conversation again.

Region Wakes Up to Arctic Blast of Air

Low temperatures overnight didn't break any records in the Washington area, but residents are still waking up to an arctic blast of air. The National Weather Service says temperatures at Reagan and Dulles airports plunged into the mid-teens early Friday morning, with wind chills dipping below zero.