Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1299310 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2505 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:36 am »
Pixies in Baltimore were quite enjoyable.

Space Freely

« Reply #2506 on: May 15, 2017, 11:35:13 am »
Lots of really old people at Fairfax Symphony.

Lots of fit people at Old Rag.

Bagley

« Reply #2507 on: May 15, 2017, 11:39:42 am »
Got distracted with Mother's day activities last night........ Puppet show report anyone?

Yada

« Reply #2508 on: May 15, 2017, 11:40:34 am »
Got distracted with Mother's day activities last night........ Puppet show report anyone?

Man these meat puppets are ugly and gnarly

dyecraig

« Reply #2509 on: May 15, 2017, 11:42:26 am »
Lots of really old people at Fairfax Symphony.

Lots of fit people at Old Rag.
I'm sure it will be a fitter crowd when theivery corporation plays with the national symphony at the kennedy center.
that's been an issue for years.
the pittsburgh symphony  did a cool radiohead + brahms program recently and bowie and prince tributes with live band and singer, but extinction is imminent.

Kubacheck

« Reply #2510 on: May 15, 2017, 03:20:24 pm »
just got back from both Midnight Oil concerts in NYC saturday/sunday, great shows!!.... except for a core "hits" section of about 6 songs, we got two almost completely different setlists.... Peter Garrett was in great voice and the band was in top form, might have to catch one more show on this tour.....

hutch

« Reply #2511 on: May 15, 2017, 04:29:17 pm »

Watt looking Wattian...

hutch

« Reply #2512 on: May 15, 2017, 04:31:47 pm »

At first when the Puppets walked on stage I thought I might have wandered onto some strange cult meeting... as the show progressed I became more convinced this was so.... the drummer, btw, is doug sahm's son.. the rest are 100% Kirkwood Puppetry

they kicked ass.

dyecraig

« Reply #2513 on: May 15, 2017, 05:40:47 pm »
^  i almost made it but i was plum tuckered out from an open bluegrass jam session earlier in the afternoon.
looked like a rad show.

hutch

« Reply #2514 on: May 15, 2017, 06:17:31 pm »
yeah we made it a bit into Watt's set.... i was really hoping the whole show would start at 9... i hate to feel rushed before a show..

it was a really good show all night.. just weird to realize how all these guys are suddenly pushing 60..but they still had their chops.. without a doubt far better musicians than in their heyday.. watt , kurt and chris kirkwood where all jammin' up there...the bass was a-thumpin' and the meat puppets were turning their crowd pleasers like lake of fire into major jam-outs..really rocking..far more so than on the albums more loose/countrifieed....i wouldn't mindseeing the meat puppets again some time all acoustic if they ever do that..

dyecraig

« Reply #2515 on: May 15, 2017, 06:28:37 pm »
^ u get anything signed?

hutch

« Reply #2516 on: May 15, 2017, 06:31:43 pm »
^ u get anything signed?

I got Watt to sign a record... the Puppets were selling a signed poster for $50 and when musicians do that I generally know it ain't going to work... I should have gotten the set list but the roadie held it one foot from my face and refused to give it to me..said they like to hold on to them..

I know guys have to make a living but it did not feel punk rock

now watt was cool as shit sitting at a little table by merch and he'd sign anything and talk to you..nice classy and smart guy

« Reply #2517 on: May 16, 2017, 10:56:32 am »
now watt was cool as shit sitting at a little table by merch and he'd sign anything and talk to you..nice classy and smart guy
yeah watt was great, just hanging out at the merch table talking to everyone
In front of me were two different 40 something parents who brought their teenage kids to the show
That was great to see, Mike  really listened and engaged with them.  Rarely see that kind of stuff ever from 'rock-n-rollers'

His set was really tight and loved how when he left the stage his parting salvo to the crowd was
"start a band!"
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2518 on: May 16, 2017, 11:16:44 am »
Someone ask Bags to share her Meat Puppets story.

Those Puppets look like they're eating a lot more than meat.

Bagley

« Reply #2519 on: May 16, 2017, 01:55:11 pm »
Did anyone, by chance, ask Watt what ex-Firehose  dudes George (also Minuteman) and Ed were up to these days and if there was any hope for a reunion?