Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1298075 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2580 on: June 05, 2017, 10:23:47 am »
made a last minute decision to go see John Moreland at RNRH last night. was great. 

gavroche

« Reply #2581 on: June 06, 2017, 01:07:42 pm »
Great Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds show at the Electric Factory in Philly.  Nick's voice was a bit gone it seemed, but he was still having a great time and the band sounded wonderful.  About half from the latest two albums, and half classics.  Skeleton Tree wasn't any better for me than it was on vinyl, but the rest of the show and the energy made up for it.  Some of the classics really had different twists to them, like From Her to Eternity.  Nick dedicated red Right hand to Trump as well.   

Yada

« Reply #2582 on: June 06, 2017, 02:15:32 pm »
made a last minute decision to go see John Moreland at RNRH last night. was great. 

I really wanted to check that show out... but The Boognish called.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2583 on: June 08, 2017, 09:40:56 am »
The sound at the AIR show at Strathmore was the best I've seen in a concert venue since Slowdive played the 9:30 a few years ago. It was absolutely spectacular. Their performance was probably the best I've ever seen as well, and I've seen them seven times. Though it was 90 minutes, it felt like about 40 minutes. That concert went by SO fast. The venue was a little more than half full, but the audience was wildly appreciative and engaged. All in all, truly exceptional. So happy they made a stop in DC.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2584 on: June 08, 2017, 11:38:23 am »
Big Thief were great at the ottobar on  Tuesday night :D
(_|_)

« Reply #2585 on: June 08, 2017, 11:47:56 am »
Big Thief were great at the ottobar on  Tuesday night :D
cool...looking forward to their show at the cat
slack

Kubacheck

« Reply #2586 on: June 10, 2017, 11:18:32 am »
made a kinda last minute decision to go to the Wilco show last night, was perusing Wolftrap's website the other day and as I am wont to do, checked out of curiosity to see what kind of ticket I could pull up and got 10th row, dead center.... figured that was a sign of some kind and so bought it, and glad I did.... there was nothing special about it, just a good solid Wilco show, an enjoyable 2 hours and a great way to spend a friday night.... got "Spiders", which I haven't seen them do in a long time... I remember seeing them play it at Towson in 2002 before it was on any album and before they added all the "noise" to it, and always liked that tune... of course they played "heavy metal drummer" because everyone (but me) seems to love that song.... the biggest surprise was my commute to Wolftrap.... I have a "rule" about generally not going to any NoVa shows on weeknights because of rush hour traffic, so I had this idea that I was gonna have to leave from Naptown around 4 in order to get to Wolftrap reasonably before show time.... then I saw they had an opener, so figuring that Wilco wouldn't go on til around 9, I decided to wait until after 6 and hopefully miss a lot of the rush hour traffic on my 50 mile drive.... so left my house at 6:05 and was parked in the Wolftrap lot at 7:05, the outer loop was clear the entire way (except for the obligatory slowdown around exit 31) while the inner loop was jam packed and slow almost the entire way.... it actually almost took me longer just to get out of the lot at the end of the night than it did to get there before.... all in all, a pretty great night....

shemptiness

« Reply #2587 on: June 10, 2017, 11:59:03 am »
It took forever to get out of the lot after the Wilco show.  Got there early, but they closed off the east lot even though it wasn't even half full, and made me park up on the hill.  Went back down to the outer lot to tailgate and a little while later they re-opened the lot.

Was in Row H left center.  I found the sound to be loud and somewhat screechy.  My ears are still ringing. Heavy Metal Drummer made its usual appearance of course. Except for the fact that you can bring in beer and food I prefer being at Merriweather. 

And some fucker kept yapping behind us to his woman-friend.  She was great.  Why do we we have to tell people to stfu at shows??   

Kotche works his ass off too.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:06:52 pm by shemptiness »

Kubacheck

« Reply #2588 on: June 10, 2017, 01:53:12 pm »
^ yeah, that was only downside of the night, getting out of the lot at the end.... I went in the West Lot and parked all the way over by a set of closed gates I thought they might open for exiting like they do (or did) at Nissan.... no such luck, only one exit at the other end I came in at and 1000 cars jockeying to get out through it.... took me almost as long just to travel the 200 feet to get out of the lot as it did to go the 50 miles to get there from Naptown before the show..... anyway, still an enjoyable evening, couldn't ask for better weather and sound was good where I was.....

btw, in case anyone wants to listen to the show, my friend Alex has his recording of it up on Archive.org already....

https://archive.org/details/wilco2017-06-09/wilco2017-06-09.vwmule.t20.flac
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:55:18 pm by Kubacheck »

hutch

« Reply #2589 on: June 10, 2017, 02:49:55 pm »
so glad they played heavy metal drummer....

Kubacheck

« Reply #2590 on: June 10, 2017, 05:13:22 pm »
so glad they played heavy metal drummer....

I heard it's your ringtone.....

andyrichter

« Reply #2591 on: June 11, 2017, 08:59:00 am »
Saw Helium in Boston at the Sinclair last night.  Amazing show.  Mary was backed by members of Hospitality and they were terrific.  For the encore, their original drummer Shawn Devlin came out to play as the 2nd drummer on Superball and Honeycomb.  This is going to be on my end of the year top 5 shows list for sure. 

Space Freely

« Reply #2592 on: June 11, 2017, 09:31:08 am »
You guys need to check the online set lists. That way you'd know that Outta Mind Outta Site is the last song, and you'd be through the exit gate 30 seconds after the end of the show, with your nine year old leading the way. And out of the lot in 90 seconds.

;)

Kubacheck

« Reply #2593 on: June 11, 2017, 10:11:46 am »
^ha!.... actually, I knew it was the last song because an usher told me Wilco was playing from 8:50-10:55 and since they started Outtasite at 10:52, I was reasonably sure that was it.... unfortunately, when you're taping, it tends to hinder the "getting out quick" strategy.....  ;)  fortunately, at least I had something to listen to in the car while waiting for the lot to empty....

hutch

« Reply #2594 on: June 11, 2017, 10:21:38 am »
You guys need to check the online set lists. That way you'd know that Outta Mind Outta Site is the last song, and you'd be through the exit gate 30 seconds after the end of the show, with your nine year old leading the way. And out of the lot in 90 seconds.

;)

personally i never leave a show early.. I like to be there until the end...but then again I don't have a 9 year old with me..

I think leaving early is silly..and every once in a while you will get burned and miss something you want to see if you do that..

I mean why would somebody leave early when you are paying for the show? Presumably you like the band enough to stick around.. if you don't then you shouldn't be there...
I'm always amazed at people who say "Oh I left before the encore and getting home was a breeze!"... Fuck, if that is your approach why not just stay home!