Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1294876 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3360 on: March 04, 2019, 11:56:13 am »
Saturday. Bad Moves,
Also, the fancy toast place: "Toastique" nearby was good for preshow quick dinner.
guess you didn't get there early enough to catch the fireworks...had the whole clan of hachables down there for that ...didn't go to the show

I do love that toastique place, the avocado smash with a runny fried egg is now my favorite breakfast of all time. 
BTW...Pearl Street Dive has some good burgers/tater-tots that are wallet friendly

Ah, the whole brood of hatchlings!? Sorry I missed that. Had no idea that there were fireworks. Got down there at around 6:30.
Not sure how you missed them as they started at 615 and were kinda loud
early for FW show, but it was overcast so it worked out
original start time was 5:45, which I felt was a tad early in the daylight
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3361 on: March 04, 2019, 12:11:17 pm »
Saturday. Bad Moves,
Also, the fancy toast place: "Toastique" nearby was good for preshow quick dinner.
guess you didn't get there early enough to catch the fireworks...had the whole clan of hachables down there for that ...didn't go to the show

I do love that toastique place, the avocado smash with a runny fried egg is now my favorite breakfast of all time. 
BTW...Pearl Street Dive has some good burgers/tater-tots that are wallet friendly

Ah, the whole brood of hatchlings!? Sorry I missed that. Had no idea that there were fireworks. Got down there at around 6:30.
Not sure how you missed them as they started at 615 and were kinda loud
early for FW show, but it was overcast so it worked out
original start time was 5:45, which I felt was a tad early in the daylight

Got there at 6:30 appears to be how we missed the FW!

Relaxer

« Reply #3362 on: March 04, 2019, 12:20:04 pm »
The Glenstone museum was pretty terrific, I gotta say
oword

« Reply #3363 on: March 04, 2019, 12:57:50 pm »
Saturday. Bad Moves,
guess you didn't get there early enough to catch the fireworks
. Got down there at around 6:30.
Not sure how you missed them as they started at 615
Got there at 6:30 appears to be how we missed the FW!
I feel like they went on for 30 mins, but could be wrong
slack

« Reply #3364 on: March 04, 2019, 12:59:01 pm »
on my list...being in Potmac MD is a big negative, but planing on making it out there
did you put the Stoner in GlenSTONE
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #3365 on: March 04, 2019, 01:10:00 pm »
Oh yeah, I went with my gf and we were baked as bread. It was super cool to float around the various rooms and look at art.

And while I understand they're going for something "artistic" with the architecture, we laughed often at how inefficiently the space is used. Like there's one enormous room with marble ceiling and floor and the only thing in it are three small plaques on different walls with dates of various moon landings. That was literally the only thing in there. And there were numerous examples of, did this particular art really warrant an entire room dedicated to it?

But it's free and they had a hundred umbrellas available at no cost since going to this thing involves a fair amount of walking, and we went yesterday so the umbrellas were quite welcome.

Only blower is you can't take photos indoors. I've become quite fond of taking pictures of art while looking at them.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #3366 on: March 04, 2019, 01:10:27 pm »
It is a long-ass drive too. Took almost an hour to get there from Cap Hill.
oword

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3367 on: March 04, 2019, 03:47:57 pm »
I sent an email saying my favorite Weezer song was Teenage Dirtbag

Didn't know this, but Wheatus did appear last week in DC, same night as Weezer, and played Teenage Dirtbag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD8qj1FmSEs#action=share 

Could you imagine Wheatus being the kind of band that refused to play their hit?
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3368 on: March 04, 2019, 03:49:32 pm »
Only blower is you can't take photos indoors. I've become quite fond of taking pictures of art while looking at them.
Go full on Winceslaus Hollar and etch renderings of the art right there in the museum just to stick it to them.
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #3369 on: March 04, 2019, 11:29:01 pm »
It is a long-ass drive too. Took almost an hour to get there from Cap Hill.

Relaxer and I almost assuredly crossed paths at Glenstone on Sunday.  I took advantage of the crap weather to drop by at 3:00.

I highly recommend it, but the best part of the place is the big outdoor pieces, so it is worth picking a nice day.  Tickets are a pain in the ass but people throw them back so if you keep checking I've generally been able to make it work out.

The expansion is pretty impressive.  It would definitely be one of my top picks for anyone coming in from out of town.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3370 on: March 05, 2019, 09:22:20 am »
cool...I saw a free Julia Holter  show there couple years ago...

(_|_)

gavroche

« Reply #3371 on: March 05, 2019, 12:03:41 pm »

That sounds pretty amazing.  Was it in the main gallery, or outside somewhere  (The old main gallery)? 

They had a movie screening a couple months back but tickets were gone real fast.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3372 on: March 05, 2019, 12:33:50 pm »
It was inside the main gallery...

That sounds pretty amazing.  Was it in the main gallery, or outside somewhere  (The old main gallery)? 

They had a movie screening a couple months back but tickets were gone real fast.
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #3373 on: March 05, 2019, 02:11:00 pm »
Dayummm seeing Julio Holter there would be awesome.
And honestly, getting tickets was easy, it just involved a long wait. Go on their website and scroll the calendar forward a month and get your tickets. Then kick back and forget all about it until you get an email the week before saying "YOU'RE GOING TO GLENSTONE HOMEY!!!!!!!!!!"
oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #3374 on: March 11, 2019, 10:02:02 am »
I went to see Aurora last night...not the usual type of show I go to, but a friend was working for the tour so I went to check it out. All I can say is she's easily one of the best vocalists I've ever seen. At age 22, she reminds me of Kate Bush with the soulfulness of Leonard Cohen, the ethereal range of Liz Fraser and the pop sensibility of one of her contemporaries (like Robyn). She has an old soul. She's someone that I suspect will be around for a long, long time. Her fans are clearly starstruck and her songs really hit deep. So much power in her performance, and she told me she's only been singing for five years. I need to listen to her recorded music more closely, but in concert she could reduce people (and did) to a blubbering mess of a puddle. She's that good. Phenomenal show.