Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1295630 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3420 on: May 11, 2019, 09:08:10 am »
I thought they gained points for that move...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3421 on: May 11, 2019, 09:24:54 am »
Why are there no POC in Ex Hex? They’re basically digging up Nelson Mandela’s corpse and throwing it back in prison by their mere existence! Sorry the rest of you aren’t real liberals like me! #VirtueSignalling
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3422 on: May 11, 2019, 09:41:32 am »
Well they put on a heck of a show....

I was reading afterwards that they are big fans of Mutt Lange and that made sense...the guitars sounded so good last night.... sound reminded me of buzzcocks/cheap trick/Joan Jett

When I got there I saw Ian MacKaye shuffling/bobbing in which I guess means I saw 3/4 of Fugazi last night

nkotb

« Reply #3423 on: May 11, 2019, 09:42:40 am »
You heard it here first, folks! Hutch thinks that men have the right to encroach on any spaces reserved for womxn. ENOUGH!

hutch

« Reply #3424 on: May 11, 2019, 09:48:12 am »
I was looking for you last night NKOTB but with so many overweight balding men I was unable to pick you out....

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3425 on: May 11, 2019, 09:50:12 am »
You heard it here first, folks! Hutch thinks that men have the right to encroach on any spaces reserved for womxn. ENOUGH!
Now we know why he loves Al Franken so much! He’s basically his padre of patriarchy! Very troublesome. I will make sure I queue up to have my ticket torn by a staph member whose values more closely align with my enlightened thoughts next time I visit Anthem. #VirtueSignalling
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3426 on: May 11, 2019, 10:07:59 am »
I do love Al Franken! He is starting a podcast FYI

nkotb

« Reply #3427 on: May 11, 2019, 10:17:42 am »
Seems the dreaded #BidenBoys are true to form and resorting to personal attacks.  When will Joe disavow such actions?

I was looking for you last night NKOTB but with so many overweight balding men I was unable to pick you out....

hutch

« Reply #3428 on: May 11, 2019, 10:21:37 am »
He’s too busy winning....

bearman🐻

« Reply #3429 on: May 13, 2019, 09:15:43 am »
When I got there I saw Ian MacKaye shuffling/bobbing in which I guess means I saw 3/4 of Fugazi last night

Yup, and they all seemed to be having a great time and in a good mood. It was a hell of a fun evening. Though I wish Ex Hex had thrown in a couple older tunes like "New Kid". Their set seemed a little brief. The Messthetics sounded great and I do love their energy.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3430 on: May 13, 2019, 09:36:08 am »
Saw The Who at Jiffy Lube, well, because I love The Who.  I was very happy with the performance and Roger Daltrey's voice was actually pretty strong.  They played with a 35-45 piece orchestra which added to the performance.    1st time I've been to JLL in probably over 10 years and reminded why I avoid that place, even though I had easy in and out of the parking lot.

« Reply #3431 on: May 13, 2019, 09:51:28 am »
even though I had easy in and out of the parking lot.
Post show parking lot sex...right on jeffml!
slack

nkotb

« Reply #3432 on: May 13, 2019, 09:57:28 am »
'm the worst at remembering setlists, but according to this, it was 50/50 new vs. old songs. 

Yup, and they all seemed to be having a great time and in a good mood. It was a hell of a fun evening. Though I wish Ex Hex had thrown in a couple older tunes like "New Kid". Their set seemed a little brief. The Messthetics sounded great and I do love their energy.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3433 on: May 13, 2019, 10:25:38 am »
Damn.  I wish I would have thought of that.

even though I had easy in and out of the parking lot.
Post show parking lot sex...right on jeffml!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3434 on: May 13, 2019, 10:28:40 pm »
Saw forum favorite/trash-crapster [depending on one's perspective] Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls out on Long Island Saturday night. Really enjoyed the show, and got to bring my sister and nephew. Bonus points for it being at the venue was once a dilapidated moviehouse that showed an eclectic mix of nonsense that exposed inebriated tween/teen Challanged and his dirtbag pals to The Song Remains the Same; The Kids are Alright; Rock and Roll High School; Kentucky Fried Movie, and the like.

Brooklyn/Vegan review below.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/frank-turner-murder-by-death-tim-barry-the-paramount-pics-setlist/?fbclid=IwAR0wICYARld3ioxrjckFD4sXJNvuSj_PfEcov9lxW-qPOK342y5DmSAs_6o

History of the theater here. 

https://huntingtonhistory.com/2018/09/21/a-theater-is-reborn/